There are 184 users in the forums

DB Dontae Johnson North Carolina State

he may not contribute much this season , but he could develop into a very good corner, he has all the tools to be a nuisance to WR's ...luckily we don't have to throw him into the fire this season , but in time this could turn into a real steal of a draft pick
I didn't see a Dontae post - but after his comment today I thought it interesting to compare:

Richard Sherman v Dontae Johnson
Height = RS 6'3" v DJ 6'2"
Arms = 32" v 31.5
Weight = 195 v 200
40 time = 4.56 v 4.45
Reps = 16 v 12
Vertical = 38 v 38.5
Broad jump = 125 inches v 124
3 cone = 6.82 v 6.82
20 yd shuttle = 4.33 v 4.24
60 yard shuttle = 11.44 v 11.06 (best of all CBs!)

Helmet size = 18.4 v 12 (this doesn't measure brains, just ego)
Mouth piece size = 24 v 4 :)

Damn - on athletics alone DJ has the edge. Obviously may not translate onto the field - but could they be more closely matched!
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
lol. let's not get ahead of ourselves here.
Too early to extend him? Come on, Baalke!
Lulz. Hope this doot turns out to be our dick Sherman doe!
Originally posted by HearstFan:
I didn't see a Dontae post - but after his comment today I thought it interesting to compare:

Richard Sherman v Dontae Johnson
Height = RS 6'3" v DJ 6'2"
Arms = 32" v 31.5
Weight = 195 v 200
40 time = 4.56 v 4.45
Reps = 16 v 12
Vertical = 38 v 38.5
Broad jump = 125 inches v 124
3 cone = 6.82 v 6.82
20 yd shuttle = 4.33 v 4.24
60 yard shuttle = 11.44 v 11.06 (best of all CBs!)

Helmet size = 18.4 v 12 (this doesn't measure brains, just ego)
Mouth piece size = 24 v 4 :)

Damn - on athletics alone DJ has the edge. Obviously may not translate onto the field - but could they be more closely matched!

dreads
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Thx HearstFan^^^

What I came away with from all those numbers was that DJ has the upside on athleticism, but the Hermaphrodite is clearly big headed with a big mouth
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Lulz. Hope this doot turns out to be our dick Sherman doe!

if our scheme/style of play called for holding and cheap shots we would have dick shermans all over our defense. if they called them on their s**t all the time sherman wouldnt be s**t
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Interesting to me that Dontae was number 94 on Mike Mayock's big board, that's pretty good valuve for us getting him with pick 129.
This guy is a rookie with no experience but just looking at him he definitely has the build and athleticism to be a sweet cornerback. If you could time travel to have a couple years NFL experience already then we would cancel out right now whatever the hell Sherman does on defense.

Originally posted by boast:
lol. let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

just for kicks.

Prediction:

1) Beats out culliver for starting spot.
2) double teams opponents best 2 recievers all by himself
3) 3 picks returned for touchdowns....in the first 4 games of the season
4) Ends up marrying Chloe Kardashian
5) In his spare time he engineers breakthrough helmet technology the completely prevents concussions allowing the 49ers to unleash destruction on the rest of the league.
He is one of the most intriguing picks to me! I love his size,speed along with being a double major in college...it will be interesting to see him in training camp and pre-season
Originally posted by NYniner85:
He is one of the most intriguing picks to me! I love his size,speed along with being a double major in college...it will be interesting to see him in training camp and pre-season

Agree and with more and more and more talk of playing press, this guy fits the bill. I'm happy to hear the other "big guy" in Cook is also playing well also. This should be THE most intriguing group to watch evolve...the DB's outside of Brock/Reid.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Agree and with more and more and more talk of playing press, this guy fits the bill. I'm happy to hear the other "big guy" in Cook is also playing well also. This should be THE most intriguing group to watch evolve...the DB's outside of Brock/Reid.

Agreed! I've been reading a lot of posts on ESPN, CBS, NFL network etc where a ton of Seattle fans are laughing at how bad our secondary will be based on lost FAs. But I just think we have gotten rid of the weak links and have added younger, faster, and bigger players. I guess I'm the glass is half full kinda guy, but I think our secondary will be more athletic with more INTs and not as many personal fouls.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Agreed! I've been reading a lot of posts on ESPN, CBS, NFL network etc where a ton of Seattle fans are laughing at how bad our secondary will be based on lost FAs. But I just think we have gotten rid of the weak links and have added younger, faster, and bigger players. I guess I'm the glass is half full kinda guy, but I think our secondary will be more athletic with more INTs and not as many personal fouls.

And don't forget "experience in our system." Brock, Culliver, Cox, Morris and Reid have a ton of experience in our system and have specifc roles (starters, nickle, slot, FS, etc.). The only guys we need to get up to speed is a vetaran in Bethea (all reports are he and Reid are working very well together already) and "backups" in Cook, Johnson, Acker, etc. Plus Ward is almost a "luxury" pick right now...take your time and heal physically and he can be brought along slowly. Right now there is nothing but very positive reports on the guys you want to make that jump from last year in Morris, Johnson, Cook, Cox, etc. Culliver is the only question mark at the moment but we all know that dude can ball so he can take his time healing physically as well which allows his backups to continue to get 100% of the snaps and continue with their development...and if any of them need to step in to a starting LCB, I'm already feeling confident in Cook/Johnson esp. if we do plan on running more press coverage.
Share 49ersWebzone