LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 260 users in the forums

Difference between Gore and Hyde

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Mayor
  • Veteran
What is actually the main difference between them? I have read several time that Hyde is a different type of player but all what I saw was a power runner who goes into the pile. They are both small and dynamic....what can we expect?
about 10,000 yards
230 pounds is not small at all. Dude is only like Gore in that they are both power runners.
Gore is in tune with the nfl being a vet, but other then that i see alot of similarities between the two.
Youth, price tag, and probably a 10 year future. Oh, Hyde is a big back at 230 lbs. I think you thought he was a small back because he has such quick foot movement.
[ Edited by kronik on May 10, 2014 at 7:11 PM ]
Hyde looks more like bigdix
Another similarity is that like Gore he can catch the ball out of the backfield and that he's hard to tackle.

Wonder how his pass blocking is.
Actually, when I watch Hyde highlights I think he looks almost exactly like Gore. Their build, running style, and ability to catch passes on the run look very similar to me. The only difference that I can see is that Hyde is a 10% bigger version of Gore. Not a bad thing...
The way I see it Gore runs tighter, using less space to run and keeping his balance while also able to get low if necessary. Haven't seen enough of Hyde to say he can do the same. But everything else about Hyde looks the same as Gore. Their size. The way they make little moves to get into spaces, not necessarily making guys missed. And then just running through guys and finishing the run, all the same. Not after burner break away speed, but once they get into the secondary they break guys will.

Hyde just might be Frank Gore pre injury

Seems to have good vision like Frank too
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on May 10, 2014 at 7:25 PM ]
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Another similarity is that like Gore he can catch the ball out of the backfield and that he's hard to tackle.

Wonder how his pass blocking is.

My biggest concern as well

Really the only difference is he's bigger and faster than Gore. Gore has always been able to explode through the hole, but will get caught from behind. Hyde doesn't have "breakaway" speed, but has a little more speed than Gore does.

The other stuff though: vision, quick feet, and elusiveness are all there.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Really the only difference is he's bigger and faster than Gore. Gore has always been able to explode through the hole, but will get caught from behind. Hyde doesn't have "breakaway" speed, but has a little more speed than Gore does.

The other stuff though: vision, quick feet, and elusiveness are all there.

From the highlights ive watched his quick feet and spacing could use a little work, i noticed sometimes he follows blockers to close to the point his own man stopped him when he got engaged in a block preventing hyde from going foward. It wasnt a constant thing but it did happen.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
My biggest concern as well

Thats THE NUMBER #1 priority for a RB. Just ask james, why u think he got so little snaps.... If u cant block and u in the back filed thats a free pas to the QB.
"small and dynamic"

wtf. since when is 6ft 230lbs small for a RB? That's freaken huge.
[ Edited by sf_nicoya on May 10, 2014 at 8:21 PM ]
Originally posted by sf_nicoya:
"small and dynamic"

wtf. since when is 6ft 230lbs small for a RB? That's freaken huge.

Yeah -- Marshawn Lynch who always steamrolls our backers is 5'11, 220.
Share 49ersWebzone