There are 241 users in the forums

Stacked Roster: 90-Man Depth Chart, Position-by-Position

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Hey OTC, I thought I read that the roster number limit might go up, or was being discussed at the owner meetings. Is that true?

Or is it, practice squad limit? Or is it the same as it's always been?
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CWin4949:
Only one of Borland and Skov will make the roster.

The other thing, J.Martin is garbage other than G. I don't think it's far fetched that he could be out played for his roster spot.

false, especially while Bowman is gone

Willis Skov

Wilhoite Borland Moody

We've typically carried 5 LBs all season. When Bowman comes back we could do 6 or Moody or Skov gets the bump off the roster.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Hey OTC, I thought I read that the roster number limit might go up, or was being discussed at the owner meetings. Is that true?

They discussed PS limit increase to 10 but I don't believe it passed or was even voted on. I also recall a game roster increase but again don't recall if it was even voted on.
[ Edited by sfout on May 10, 2014 at 7:50 PM ]
We are f**king stacked
Originally posted by sfout:
Only one of Borland and Skov will make the roster.

The other thing, J.Martin is garbage other than G. I don't think it's far fetched that he could be out played for his roster spot.

false, especially while Bowman is gone

Willis Skov

Wilhoite Borland Moody

We've typically carried 5 LBs all season. When Bowman comes back we could do 6 or Moody or Skov gets the bump off the roster.

Ahhhhh, yes, yeah you are correct, WTF, how could I forget Bowman.

Guess I've just tried to block that horror out of my mind.

They discussed PS limit increase to 10 but I don't believe it passed or was even voted on. I also recall a game roster increase but again don't recall if it was even voted on.

Yeah, that's what I remember. So it's the same as it's always been? No extra spots?

Yeah, that's what I remember. So it's the same as it's always been? No extra spots?

The only change I think was the game roster active players. On game days, now you can have 49 active instead of 46.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

The only change I think was the game roster active players. On game days, now you can have 49 active instead of 46.

That will help, but it's still going to be tight
We are stacked. It's ridiculous.
Teams will jump on our cuts.

Originally posted by RishikeshA:

Been doing it for 3 years now, nothing new about that. It's just going to be tough to make the right cuts
Originally posted by YungAce:

I like it because it creates competition. For example Wilhoite thought: Bowman is down i got this on lock down then they bring in Borland and they also got Moody..Now they sign Skov
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
Originally posted by YungAce:

I like it because it creates competition. For example Wilhoite thought: Bowman is down i got this on lock down then they bring in Borland and they also got Moody..Now they sign Skov

True, keep the heat on these guys.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

We got a couple of 7th rounders for our cuts last year. Helped us get an extra 4th this year.
Originally posted by Giedi:

We got a couple of 7th rounders for our cuts last year. Helped us get an extra 4th this year.

I expect us to do that again -- exploring trade opportunities before we make our final rounds of cuts.
Share 49ersWebzone