There are 257 users in the forums

Trey Millard thread

Remember years ago when Leonard Weaver was a free agent and would of been perfect for the Raye Gun offense.... we just got a better version
[ Edited by 5280High on May 10, 2014 at 5:59 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Should be ready by 2027
Originally posted by susweel:
Should be ready by 2027

Only if no one presses the big red button first
Originally posted by susweel:
Should be ready by 2027

Do you ever post anything positive?
Originally posted by mayo49:
Another member of the all ACL team.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
That video was impressive! i really hope we can keep this guy. We need a versatile bruiser like this.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
So is this dude supposed to be recovered from his injury and ready for the upcoming season, or is he probably PUP?
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
As an Oklahoma fan, I've watched almost all of Millard's games. Guy is a stud, great lead blocker & (IMO) a better receiver as a FB than Miller is.

I agree.
Nice highlights. Looks like he has field vision and balance. Is a threat to run. Unlike our current andre the giant fullback philosophy.

Nice to see a fb downfield 20 yards to catch a pass. How refreshing.

That's it. I'm sold.
[ Edited by brodiebluebanaszak on May 10, 2014 at 7:49 PM ]

[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on May 10, 2014 at 8:38 PM ]

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/colleges/post/_/id/4688847/sooners-top-10-hidden-gems-no-3

No. 3 Trey Millard, fullback, Class of 2010 Recruiting rank: No. 59 athlete What we said: "While not elite in one particular area he is very well-rounded, deceptively athletic for his size and feel he may currently be floating under the radar. We would not be surprised if a program looking for an athletic H-back with good hands, strength after the catch and solid blocking skills recruits him on offense." - ESPN recruiting analyst

Career production: Millard started just 18 of 48 career games for the Sooners, but he essentially was a four-year starter who helped cement the role of a fullback in the offense and was a special teams monster. His impact is hard to quantify in numbers, but he finished with 98 career carries for 538 yards (5.5 avg) and 70 receptions for 677 yards. ... In 2010, he started two of 14 games and carved an immediate role in the offense and on special teams as a freshman. ... In 2011, Millard earned first team All-Big 12 honors for the first time and gave everyone a glimpse at his versatility with a 61-yard touchdown run at Kansas State. ... In 2012, he posted career highs in rushing, receptions, receiving yards and receiving touchdowns while earning first team All-Big 12 honors. ... In 2013, Millard earned first team All-Big 12 honors for the third time despite having his season cut short by an ACL injury which forced him to miss OU's final five games.

Why Millard is No.3: OU recognized he could be a difference maker on offense while other schools pursued him to play defense. Millard repaid the Sooners by becoming a force on offense and special teams as soon as he stepped on campus. He was consistently OU's best special teams player during his time in crimson and cream. It's extremely difficult to find players who can impact games in as many different ways as Millard. Millard wasn't a headliner in recruiting circles when he signed as a member of the Class of 2010, but he leaves Norman, Okla., as a three-time first team All-Big 12 performer. He joined Tony Jefferson, Corey Nelson, Blake Bell and Kenny Stills in the Class of 2010 and ended up being one of the stars of one of OU's best recruiting classes in recent memory.

Guess who ended up recruiting Millard too??

Surprise, surprise.

Other reported offers: Stanford, Tennessee, Missouri and South Carolina
Highlights look like Marcus Allen
The next Tom Rathman...
I see a lot of Marcel Reese in this guy. What a talent.
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
I see a lot of Marcel Reese in this guy. What a talent.

In those three video's posted above, it was amazing how much of OU's offense went through this guy in some form.
Share 49ersWebzone