LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 305 users in the forums

Aaron Lynch Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by fister30:
I'm not impressed with lynch anymore than most other people on the roster. There is a difference between making a QB throw it early and getting to the QB as he throws in rhythm. Lynch has a knack of getting close to the QB as he throws in rhythm. This kind of pressure isn't disruptive to most QBs but also counts as a pressure. Lynch seems to run at the QB more often than lemonier but this isn't saying much. At this point, it would be fair to say lynch is a good hitting pitcher.

I want aldon back.

I don't neccesarily agree with this...he has flushed numerous QBs out numerous times
Originally posted by susweel:
Decent player but lacks speed be a real pass rushing threat. Maybe if he drops some weight in the off season. Nice to see him finally get a sack for once.

are you being serious?

if we run press coverage last night he probably ends up with 4 sacks easily.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
last night was a typical "play the rookie" for Denver's OL.. I congratulate Lynch for his 1st sack, especially against Peyton Manning, but if you watch the game again, he got to the QB close several times, but those are by design...

if you watch it carefully, the OL would either allow him to run around and ends up picking him up and getting him out of position or lane, as you watch Manning just steps up in the pocket.. or, Lynch woul do that "step to the outside move & spin" to use his speed, which again, the OT would allow, and Manning would just step aside that and get rid of the ball...

What Lynch has not learned, and that's why he's still behind Brooks, is when to BULL RUSH then use his speed.. as long as he doesn't learn this, he'll always be just close enuff to the QB..
I think Lynch played his worst game of the season last night, though I didn't watch much of the second half after the Donkos put up 35 on us. What really ticked me off is Lynch congratulating Manning after the third TD pass.

A classy move on Lynch's part? Yes, without a doubt. But I don't want our outside, pass-rushing beast kissing Manning's back-side. I want him knocking Peyton's hind-end to the ground. I want him blocking passes -- chasing Manning out of the pocket -- clearly making the man uncomfortable.

The only uncomfortable one last night was me, the fan, before I said "screw this" and switched over to the Monuments Men (a great movie I must say).
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Decent player but lacks speed be a real pass rushing threat. Maybe if he drops some weight in the off season. Nice to see him finally get a sack for once.

are you being serious?

He can be a decent rotational guy and maybe even a starter some day. Thats pretty good from a 5th round pick, if you're expecting him to be a an All-pro I just dont see that right now.

are you being serious?

He can be a decent rotational guy and maybe even a starter some day. Thats pretty good from a 5th round pick, if you're expecting him to be a an All-pro I just dont see that right now.

we disagree then. i see big paws on a puppy.
  • REB4

He's like Charles Haley, where he doesn't need to get the sack to disrupt plays. If the guy to the right of Lynch had ANY skills, that guy should have several sacks already because Lynch is channeling the QB over to him. I'm NOT saying he's as good as Haley, just that sacks is not what defined his greatness.Aaron has a long wingspan, is a threat to bat down passes, can push his man to the QB's lap and force him to move, and he holds the edge very well with backs trying to turn the corner or catch hitch passes or catch screens. Once Aldon is back, you'll see Lynch's sack #s climb.
[ Edited by REB4 on Oct 20, 2014 at 1:30 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

are you being serious?

we disagree then. i see big paws on a puppy.
I'm very glad he did well in the Donkey game because if I was going to watch it (which I'm not) I'd watch it solely to see Lynch do. Now I don't have to watch that nightmare game. whew!!
this guy is getting better and better each week. people forget he is still learning the position.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by REB4:

He's like Charles Haley, where he doesn't need to get the sack to disrupt plays. If the guy to the right of Lynch had ANY skills, that guy should have several sacks already because Lynch is channeling the QB over to him. I'm NOT saying he's as good as Haley, just that sacks is not what defined his greatness.Aaron has a long wingspan, is a threat to bat down passes, can push his man to the QB's lap and force him to move, and he holds the edge very well with backs trying to turn the corner or catch hitch passes or catch screens. Once Aldon is back, you'll see Lynch's sack #s climb.

Looking forward to see the Aldon /Lynch pass rush. If aldon gets his suspension reduced - that will go a long way to reverse all the sh!t ref calls that they called on us last year that cost us games.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by REB4:

So he's the next Charles Haley ?
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I think that's his best move overall.. getting his first ever sack, against Manning, on a record setting history night, I too, would congratulate Manning.. Lynch may never see him again, aside the Super Bowl... so why not congratulate Manning.. Class Act in my opinion..

It's just like Brett Favre's first ever pass for the Falcons... it was an INT.. he came off the field w/a smile, ang Glanville asked him what's he smiling about.. . Brett then say, no one's gonna remember that 1st pass of mine when my career is over...

How ironic... he's last pass for the Packers was an Int.. and if not mistaken, his last pass for the Vikings, too, was and INT..

now, back to Lynch.. the guy is a pup.. he's still raw.. we've only seen what he's capable of..
I thought that was incredibly classy of Lynch being the first person to congratulate Manning for the record. It almost makes me hard of understanding to see how this guy was considered a 'bad egg', as I wonder if it was just the situation/point of his life. Sometimes the world isn't always sunshine while we're trying to get going with our lives/understand them, and we don't always have the right people (or any chance of having one) to push us in the right direction, to bring out the best of ourselves.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I thought that was incredibly classy of Lynch being the first person to congratulate Manning for the record. It almost makes me hard of understanding to see how this guy was considered a 'bad egg', as I wonder if it was just the situation/point of his life. Sometimes the world isn't always sunshine while we're trying to get going with our lives/understand them, and we don't always have the right people (or any chance of having one) to push us in the right direction, to bring out the best of ourselves.

I agree.. Man I love this kid! Him and Aldon together.
Will he see the field much when Aldon comes back?
Share 49ersWebzone