LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 216 users in the forums

Aaron Lynch Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by crake49:
That's the thing people should keep in mind. When have we seen Fangio start a rookie fifth round pick? Lynch must really be excelling to get these opportunities and he's making the best of them. It's pretty amazing when taken in context.

From Fangios mouth on Lynch "he's looked better than the others rushing the passer when he was in there so he's earned more snaps". Better than the others and Fangio is a very honest straight talker
Originally posted by sf_nicoya:
Lynch may have been taken in the 5th round, but don't let that fool you: he's a 1st round talent with 5 round character issues.

Seems like he's got his head on straight now.

tank is a 1st round talent as well but was taken in the 2nd and can't get any time.

morris was taken late and now he's getting game saving interceptions on the texans

people that can't get on the field here for reasons unknown to anyone go elsewhere and start.

perrish cox himself couldn't get on the field over rogers when he was clearly better than him and given how he's played probably should have been starting corner towards the end of the season and the beginning of this one.

without brock's injury we wouldn't even know.. which is ironic because without roger's/brown injury we wouldn't even know what we had in brock.
This guy is a gamer. When Bow, Aldon, Brock return and are together, we will be a force.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Geeked:
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Ahmad Brooks this season through 4 games has gotten ZERO pressure on the QBs while Lynch has been a pleasant surprise. Brooks is still a Beast as far as Bullrushing but Lynch at this point is the Better pass rusher.

In Brook's defense, he has a lot more responsibility on defense. This was also the case when Aldon was in. Brooks is more or less the "complete" OLB... Think Lee Woodall when he was at his best.

Lynch kinda reminds me of the Kevin Green / Charles Haley type. Make sure they're focused on what is in front of them and you'll be very happy. I don't see Lynch being able to do what Brooks does regarding coverage and defensive assignment.

Not true. Lynch was at times making the line calls in the 4th Q and adjusting where the linemen were supposed to be, he also read the pass play to the running back and ate him up. Seems like he was wellversed in the Eagles offensive game plan and knew what was coming when he was out there.
Originally posted by pd24:
Ahmad Brooks this season through 4 games has gotten ZERO pressure on the QBs while Lynch has been a pleasant surprise. Brooks is still a Beast as far as Bullrushing but Lynch at this point is the Better pass rusher.

In Brook's defense, he has a lot more responsibility on defense. This was also the case when Aldon was in. Brooks is more or less the "complete" OLB... Think Lee Woodall when he was at his best.

Lynch kinda reminds me of the Kevin Green / Charles Haley type. Make sure they're focused on what is in front of them and you'll be very happy. I don't see Lynch being able to do what Brooks does regarding coverage and defensive assignment.

Not true. Lynch was at times making the line calls in the 4th Q and adjusting where the linemen were supposed to be, he also read the pass play to the running back and ate him up. Seems like he was wellversed in the Eagles offensive game plan and knew what was coming when he was out there.

Yeah he has instincts about the game that are at another level. He can feel where the play is going and react in an instance. He showed this ability several times this season and also in college.

I also saw him adjusting guy on the field and certain points.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Sep 30, 2014 at 12:36 PM ]
  • pd24
  • Veteran
He did get into Notre Dame and play a major roll on defense as a fresman. He is smart, just got messed up in the head because of a girl he married. Dude fell in love and lost motivation, it's not like he was involved in anything major.
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
tank is a 1st round talent as well but was taken in the 2nd and can't get any time.

morris was taken late and now he's getting game saving interceptions on the texans

people that can't get on the field here for reasons unknown to anyone go elsewhere and start.

perrish cox himself couldn't get on the field over rogers when he was clearly better than him and given how he's played probably should have been starting corner towards the end of the season and the beginning of this one.

without brock's injury we wouldn't even know.. which is ironic because without roger's/brown injury we wouldn't even know what we had in brock.

Good point. Some guys just don't practice well but in game situations they exel. Fangio and our coaches in general put a huge emphasis on veterans and the ability to know the playbook and I get it to an extent. You don't want to see players try to make sexy plays and in the process lose contain and allow a total breakdown of the offense/defense but IMO this it taking it to another level.

Especially for a pass rusher like Tank and with our struggles to find a pass rush it's one of those - let the kid show you what he can or can't do.

Put him in situations where pass is a high % and let him go get the QB. He's a talented player it's not like he just starts running with his arms spinning hoping he'll get a sack all else be damned. He can still analyze plays, he can still change direction and react should a run be called at him.

You'd figure all these guys coming out of nowhere or going else where to play well would set off the lightbulb in this coaching staff that sometimes it's worth giving a guy a shot but guess not.

Hopefully Tank gets it together mentally soon and proves what he can do.

ZERO pressures huh?

Completely untrue. Aldon is the most complete OLB we have period. his impact in pass rush, setting the edge, run defense and staying home is 2nd to none.

I don't recall a single instance last season when Aldon was fooled on a misdirection play. not once.
Originally posted by pd24:

exactly. as i said he knows his responsibilities. he's been in his playbook and in the film room and translate it to the field

i was so impressed with his play. especially late in the game when philly was at the goal line and he pressure foles without giving up a passing lane for him to try and dump off a pass.

Originally posted by genus49:

Good point. Some guys just don't practice well but in game situations they exel. Fangio and our coaches in general put a huge emphasis on veterans and the ability to know the playbook and I get it to an extent. You don't want to see players try to make sexy plays and in the process lose contain and allow a total breakdown of the offense/defense but IMO this it taking it to another level.

Especially for a pass rusher like Tank and with our struggles to find a pass rush it's one of those - let the kid show you what he can or can't do.

Put him in situations where pass is a high % and let him go get the QB. He's a talented player it's not like he just starts running with his arms spinning hoping he'll get a sack all else be damned. He can still analyze plays, he can still change direction and react should a run be called at him.

You'd figure all these guys coming out of nowhere or going else where to play well would set off the lightbulb in this coaching staff that sometimes it's worth giving a guy a shot but guess not.

Whatever it is he needs to do he needs to hurry up and do it.. He can't sit idly by and not play he has to go out there and prove it in practice because we know from what we've seen he can do it in the games as well.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

The other side of the coin is that Jerrod Eddie and Dobbs have been playing decently. Jerrod is a very good DT and NT. Has good strength at the point and very good movement. Tank has to outperform him in practice, I would think, to get on the active rotation. Dobbs is also very athletic, and while not a first round talent, he knows what he is doing and is very rarely fooled. He has good strength at the point, and also has very good movement. Both guys know their stuff and haven't made a lot of glaring mental mistakes that I could see. I'd like to have more pass rush, but if Tank and Lemon-yay is being outperformed by Lynch, Jerrod Eddie and Dobbs, then I don't see a reason for activating Tank at this point.
Originally posted by Giedi:

The other side of the coin is that Jerrod Eddie and Dobbs have been playing decently. Jerrod is a very good DT and NT. Has good strength at the point and very good movement. Tank has to outperform him in practice, I would think, to get on the active rotation. Dobbs is also very athletic, and while not a first round talent, he knows what he is doing and is very rarely fooled. He has good strength at the point, and also has very good movement. Both guys know their stuff and haven't made a lot of glaring mental mistakes that I could see. I'd like to have more pass rush, but if Tank and Lemon-yay is being outperformed by Lynch, Jerrod Eddie and Dobbs, then I don't see a reason for activating Tank at this point.

But that's what we have ian williams and ray macdonald for.
they bring the same thing to the table that those 2 do.
Nobody in front of tank brings to the table what he can do...and what we desperately need.
  • thl408
What a cat-like inside move. I can't wait for Aldon and Lynch as bookends on 3rd & 10. Lemonwho?

• 9moon
  • Veteran
hahaha.. this sack still makes me laugh.. I love the way Lynch just grabbed and shove the QB like my fellow Filipino Farmers would do to a sack of rice inside a storage.

If we can just somehow keep his screw tight, treat him like he's wanted, I think we may have a Kevin Greene type of a Rush Demon for the next several years to come..

As for Brook's he's been my favorite player since Singletary gave him his chance, but I feel that he kinda' went backwards after last year's stellar season and All Pro recognition..
Share 49ersWebzone