LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 212 users in the forums

Aaron Lynch Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Too small. Me and Hero discussed, on paper we're perfect run some 4-3 over fronts cause then you can utilize a MLB/WILL as your SAM but it takes time and you have to learn the under front like the back of your hand before running over fronts.

That's what I thought...thanks Bro

Sure no worries. Sucks cause that fixes the log jam at WILL/MLB. Cause them you'd be able to run Smith-Foster-Bow in base downs.
I'm so desperate to give Ray-Ray more reps I'm okay moving Bow and moving towards the future now. Been thinking about that before the draft even came around.
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Naw I didn't. I said that Saleh said the Sam rushes 70 percent of the time in this d. And that would explain why Vic got so many sacks at Sam. Vic is a more complete player than Lynch, so he's able to stay in on any down though.

You can't just play Lynch the 70% of pass situations and that number is misleading anyways because it's likely including when he slides to end in nickel. We all know Lynch can play end in nickel. As the base sam though teams will spot it out and dissect it if you got Lynch, Elvis at Leo, sam. The Sam is for the majority going to be a Beasley, Brooks, Harold someone who can disguise the d. You brought up how great Beasley did in Atl and my point was they're nothing alike apples, oranges. One is a Sam the other is a Leo. Lynch is Brooks Reed here.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Jun 28, 2017 at 7:44 PM ]
People b***hing about QB pressures well here ya go

Does that mean that with a better line we could have turned Blaine Gabbert into Aaron Rodgers?
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:

Does that mean that with a better line we could have turned Blaine Gabbert into Aaron Rodgers?

Lol It means good QB pressure can make a talent like rogers preform like a trash bag like gabbert...sacks aren't the end all be all with pass rush
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jul 14, 2017 at 8:38 AM ]
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:

Lol It means good QB pressure can make a talent like rogers preform like a trash bag like gabbert...sacks aren't the end all be all with pass rush
Agreed. If a guy gets 10 sacks on the season but half or more we're coverage sacks, I think it removes much of the allure behind the stat. When your constantly hitting a QB just a split second after he throws the ball or forcing him to constantly rush his decision making process, it's only a matter of time before he starts making judgement errors.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Jul 14, 2017 at 11:38 AM ]

Nowhere to be found while his teammates are grinding together.
Originally posted by Heroism:

Nowhere to be found while his teammates are grinding together.

Wrong...I just saw him yesterday in Carlos Hyde's live video on instagram working out with him.
Wrong...I just saw him yesterday in Carlos Hyde's live video on instagram working out with him.

Correct me if I am wrong, but Carlos just returned from training in Miami. He's basically in shape and staying loose for training camp in 2 weeks.

Why isn't Lynch in Hawaii? Almost his entire position group is there. I understand his wife is pregnant, but you're a pro and on the verge of having to relocate your family. I would expect him to things more seriously.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jul 14, 2017 at 1:19 PM ]
Correct me if I am wrong, but Carlos just returned from training in Miami. He's basically in shape and staying loose for training camp in 2 weeks.

Why isn't Lynch in Hawaii? Almost his entire position group is there. I understand his wife is pregnant, but you're a pro and on the verge of having to relocate your family. I would expect him to things more seriously.

Maybe he didn't get invited to Hawaii? And yes his wife is pregent so he staying closer to home vs going to Hawaii...it's really not that wild IMO.

He was live working out with Carlos and Tarrt just yesterday, so not sure what to tell ya....he's not sitting at home eat chips and from the video I saw he was looking like he was in good shape.

I'm simply saying he's not "nowhere to be found" like you implied...he's working out.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jul 14, 2017 at 1:52 PM ]

Is he skinny yet?
Yeah, that's not a good look when everyone around you is grinding.

John Lynch: What did you guys do to prepare for training camp?

Defo, Blair, AA, and Eli: Went Hawaii to train with Michael Bennett and other NFL DL
Pita: Went back to Utah to train with the football team.
Solly: Trained at Stanford and with Sapp, Von, Ware, etc.
Lynch: I went to the Santa Cruz boardwalk, took a tour of the Bay on a ferry and visited Lake Berryessa.
The qb rating on sacks is a 0. Just saying.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Is he skinny yet?

I bet they make a move on him asap if he doesn't show up in better shape on the 27th.
Yeah, that's not a good look when everyone around you is grinding.

John Lynch: What did you guys do to prepare for training camp?

Defo, Blair, AA, and Eli: Went Hawaii to train with Michael Bennett and other NFL DL
Pita: Went back to Utah to train with the football team.
Solly: Trained at Stanford and with Sapp, Von, Ware, etc.
Lynch: I went to the Santa Cruz boardwalk, took a tour of the Bay on a ferry and visited Lake Berryessa.

But that's not what what happened literally saw him working out with a bunch of niners... I mean I guess we can makeup whatever we want. He's not sitting around farting on the couch, he's working out getting ready for camp. Why does he have to go to Hawaii for a a couple days? I mean I love that Solomon is doing that, but that's doesn't mean it's the only effective way for a guy to "grind" imo

Training camp will weed out everyone even lynch...so we will see.
Share 49ersWebzone