LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 284 users in the forums

Aaron Lynch Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by GoldenGateGlory:
Yes but when it starts to come off, you can shed 5 pounds in a week,

I think he will make it. Just surprised he came in over in a contract year.
Well, those burgers and fires are tempting.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Fat boy needs to get in shape.
Originally posted by mayo49:

Penis is lying to you just like it does when you're drinking mayo. Non issue with his weight right now, let's see how he fared or,what the reports are during TC.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

Penis is lying to you just like it does when you're drinking mayo. Non issue with his weight right now, let's see how he fared or,what the reports are during TC.

Lol, just being sarcastic - sure he's in tip top shape.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

Lol, just being sarcastic - sure he's in tip top shape.

Haha I know. He's not in tip top, we know that but for right now, boy looks like he's alright for now but it's known he's been asked to be at a different weight come training camp. Trust me, with a contract year on the line I bet you money his weight isn't an issue then and cuts that 10-15 lbs.
I'll be surprised if lynch can't beat out AA at leo.

This is the most crying ive heard about a pass rusher being 'overweight' since Gilbert Brown was pushing a life-threatening 400+ lbs.

Since when was a slim waistline priority for a player rushing from a 3 point stance on the defensive line?
Originally posted by PacTiger:

That would be disheartening. Lunch, playing SAM should have no issues edge setting and run defending. If he adds to his pass rush skills, he could be an every down LEO.
Originally posted by Niners99:
This is the most crying ive heard about a pass rusher being 'overweight' since Gilbert Brown was pushing a life-threatening 400+ lbs.

Since when was a slim waistline priority for a player rushing from a 3 point stance on the defensive line?

You got a new boss, your job is changing and your job is on the line. You would think a guy would have some urgency this year moreso than any "regular" year. That is the concern in addition to his history (suspension, weight gain last year).

Originally posted by NCommand:

That would be disheartening. Lunch, playing SAM should have no issues edge setting and run defending. If he adds to his pass rush skills, he could be an every down LEO.

Lynch should really tear it up at at Leo
He has the talent hopefully he has the heart of a... yea I'll say it, lion! Lol
Originally posted by hummbabybear:

You got a new boss, your job is changing and your job is on the line. You would think a guy would have some urgency this year moreso than any "regular" year. That is the concern in addition to his history (suspension, weight gain last year).

Hes got a young family and probably a slower metabolism. Its not always as simple as losing 20 more lbs.

Shanahan already said that Lynch been there for every activity, and has done everything they asked of him. He said hes on track for what they need from him, so people need to let the weight thing go.
[ Edited by Niners99 on May 29, 2017 at 9:51 AM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:

lol, so fitting. Here's my take on the positions with lynch.

I think, right now moving forward, lynch is the best leo on the roster. He can self destruct with attitude and weight. This is the first year I can think of that he has legitimate players around him trying to take his snaps. Ronald Blair can be good, AA can be good, the rookie out of utah can steal some snaps.

I don't think lynch will beat out brooks at sam. If brooks gets old and really slows down before the first game then I will change this position. Brooks is a beast against the run and there is tape of him doing this on the strong side the last 4 years or so. It's similar to what he will be doing in this defense.

The wild card is AA. I don't remember seeing him on the edge very much during his rookie year. Hard to evaluate at this point.
Originally posted by hummbabybear:

Hes got a young family and probably a slower metabolism. Its not always as simple as losing 20 more lbs.

Shanahan already said that Lynch been there for every activity, and has done everything they asked of him. He said hes on track for what they need from him, so people need to let the weight thing go.

Lynch was quoted as saying they (staff) wants him 10-20 pounds lighter. The 49er staff needs to let it go.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by jcs:
So in the 280's AFTER two camps and a month to work on it

Don't forget these dudes are lifting weights like crazy. I'm sure he could easily drop the weight with all the cardio but you want a balance between weight and strength.

He has the talent to get it done at LEO, but the 49er management has brought a lot of competition for him. If he snoozes this time, he looses this time.
Share 49ersWebzone