There are 176 users in the forums

Aaron Lynch Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Well the 49ers may have a little trouble stopping the run at least early on but in a passing league they shouldn't have any trouble getting after the QB. If this kid can keep his head right and the injuries to a minimum he could add another pass rusher to a front seven not lacking in that area. You combine Lynch with Aldon, Carradine, Brooks, Lemonier in his second year and the Cowboy up front and you have the makings of a havoc wreaking pass rush. That doesn't even include Dial and Ray Mac along with Bowman and Willis who can rush the passer pretty good for 3-4 DL and MLB. Niners could have a serious playmaking D by the end of the year. Don't forget Ward blitzing from the slot either. Lots of options, let's see how creative Fangio can get.
I watched the pass-rush drills between the 49ers linebackers and the Ravens running backs and tight ends. It was a decidedly one-sided affair for the 49ers, especially Smith and fellow outside linebacker Aaron Lynch, who had their way with tight ends Crockett Gilmore and Nathan Overbay.

Lynch continues to look good, and he later had a would-be sack of quarterback Tyrod Taylor during team drills. For the second straight day, Lynch also was part of a minor flare up, this time with Baltimore linebacker Austin Spitler.

Still, the practice participants again were overwhelmingly well behaved. Ravens pass rusher Terrell Suggs even went so far as to say that the opponents are working together â€" Joe Staley has been his counterpart -- to help each other improve. “You never would have thought the two teams would get along so well,” he said before pausing. “I guarantee you if we get together in Arizona (in the Super Bowl), it's not going to be brotherly.”

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2014/08/10/6618503/49ers-ravens-day-2-49ers-defense.html#storylink=cpy
Originally posted by natrone06:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I love what I'm reading about Aaron Lynch so far. I actually wish that he was playing DE though. The only reason is because we are pretty deep at OLB. Many are talking about replacing Ahmad Brooks, but I'm not hearing is. We are deep at DE but aren't that far from having a need at DE. Justin Smith is near retirement and Ray McDonald has peaked. Once Tank Carradine becomes a starter, we are still going to need a guy to rotate in. How Aaron Lynch looks in space covering backs and TEs will ultimately determine where he plays longterm in my opinion. If he can gain a little more weight (get into that 280 range) without losing much in terms of speed, he can reek some serious havoc on teams in the future as a starter/key back-up.

Dials future is at DE. Hopefully he can continue to play well and supplement Ray Mac.
I thought Dial was playing both. Oh well. If that's the case, then NT is the bigger need (in terms of the draft) in 2015 because we are pretty set at OLB and DE then.
[ Edited by LifelongNiner on Aug 10, 2014 at 2:53 PM ]
I thought Dial was playing both. Oh well. If that's the case, then NT is the bigger need (in terms of the draft) in 2015 because we are pretty set at OLB and DE then.

He may be forced to this year but I think his long term future on the team is 3-4 DE which he played in college and has played for us last year and so far in preseason this year.

He may be forced to this year but I think his long term future on the team is 3-4 DE which he played in college and has played for us last year and so far in preseason this year.

Pretty sure he practiced at both last year, but you are right: he's more athletically suited to DE, IMO. I think he'd be fine at NT until we get Williams/Dorsey back. We don't play Seattle until November, and damn near everyone else we play has forgotten what a fullback is for. We'll be in Nickle/Dime most of the time, anyway.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
I watched the pass-rush drills between the 49ers linebackers and the Ravens running backs and tight ends. It was a decidedly one-sided affair for the 49ers, especially Smith and fellow outside linebacker Aaron Lynch, who had their way with tight ends Crockett Gilmore and Nathan Overbay.

Lynch continues to look good, and he later had a would-be sack of quarterback Tyrod Taylor during team drills. For the second straight day, Lynch also was part of a minor flare up, this time with Baltimore linebacker Austin Spitler.

Still, the practice participants again were overwhelmingly well behaved. Ravens pass rusher Terrell Suggs even went so far as to say that the opponents are working together â€" Joe Staley has been his counterpart -- to help each other improve. “You never would have thought the two teams would get along so well,” he said before pausing. “I guarantee you if we get together in Arizona (in the Super Bowl), it's not going to be brotherly.”

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2014/08/10/6618503/49ers-ravens-day-2-49ers-defense.html#storylink=cpy

"For the second straight day, Lynch also was part of a minor flare up, this time with Baltimore linebacker Austin Spitler."

fiery guy...
http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/Aaron-Lynch-Has-Size-Talent-to-Succeed-in-NFL/4929136f-90f2-4073-8b73-82120900338a

This kid is going to be a beast for us!!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
I love what I'm reading about Aaron Lynch so far. I actually wish that he was playing DE though. The only reason is because we are pretty deep at OLB. Many are talking about replacing Ahmad Brooks, but I'm not hearing is. We are deep at DE but aren't that far from having a need at DE. Justin Smith is near retirement and Ray McDonald has peaked. Once Tank Carradine becomes a starter, we are still going to need a guy to rotate in. How Aaron Lynch looks in space covering backs and TEs will ultimately determine where he plays longterm in my opinion. If he can gain a little more weight (get into that 280 range) without losing much in terms of speed, he can reek some serious havoc on teams in the future as a starter/key back-up.

Dials future is at DE. Hopefully he can continue to play well and supplement Ray Mac.

I think I agree. Dial would be great at replacing RayMac on the strong side 3-4 and strongside DT on the Nickel base. I think we need a shorter 6.0/6.1 guy that is a tree stump as a NT though. Dorsey isn't a pure NT, he's more like Justin from a strength standpoint - that is why I think he did so well playing NT in the base defense. I'm all for drafting a NT in next year's draft if Ian can't play this year.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Sorry double p
[ Edited by Giedi on Aug 11, 2014 at 8:41 AM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
[ Edited by Giedi on Aug 11, 2014 at 8:42 AM ]

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows

#49ers rookie Aaron Lynch says he's at 276 pounds after playing at 246 at USF. Says he was around 270 as a freshman at Notre Dame.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Cam Inman ‏@CamInman

49ers Aaron Lynch now at 276 lbs. Credits to strength coach, "amazing chefs," and Harbaugh tip: "If u want 2 steaks, 3 steaks, take em home"
Originally posted by Jcool:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows

#49ers rookie Aaron Lynch says he's at 276 pounds after playing at 246 at USF. Says he was around 270 as a freshman at Notre Dame.

But he will be a Pass Rush OLB right?
Yeah 270 is about as big as you want a pass rushing OLB. For a 3-4 DE 285 is about the lightest you would want. So are we planing on making him an OLB or a 3-4 DE because 276 would seem too big for an OLB although he is pretty tall. 6'5 275 I guess would be fine as long as he is gaining bulk and muscle. 6'5 250 is on the light side, Manny Lawson was 6'5 240-250. Also, could be that we want him as a DE when we go to the 4 man front in that case 276 is fine since most 4-3 DE's are in the 270-280 range.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 13, 2014 at 1:29 PM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Yeah 270 is about as big as you want a pass rushing OLB. For a 3-4 DE 285 is about the lightest you would want. So are we planing on making him an OLB or a 3-4 DE because 276 would seem too big for an OLB although he is pretty tall. 6'5 275 I guess would be fine as long as he is gaining bulk and muscle. 6'5 250 is on the light side, Manny Lawson was 6'5 240-250. Also, could be that we want him as a DE when we go to the 4 man front.

I hope he keeps his speed.
Share 49ersWebzone