There are 172 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Aaron Lynch is a 49er!

Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by Disp:
Look at Profootballfocus's grades. He had one of the highest pass rushing grades of any rookie. It takes into account sacks, hurries, and hits. An offense's success drops substantially when one of those happens, regardless of whether it turns into a sack. Obviously sacks are the best thing for a defense to have other than a turnover, but pressure is extremely important.

Yea but yet again you have.a limited.same.size. I don't know how he would grade if he was playing an entire game.

But we know Lynch will be awesome because of how well he played in college 2 years ago? Aldon never played a whole game his first year either. I'm not saying Lemonier is the next Aldon, but he's done very well in his limited play.
Originally posted by Disp:
But we know Lynch will be awesome because of how well he played in college 2 years ago? Aldon never played a whole game his first year either. I'm not saying Lemonier is the next Aldon, but he's done very well in his limited play.eat

Hes almost completely untested tho. His biggest concern is run defense and nothing about last season answered that. I watched his pass rushes last season multiple times too and he doesn't have a counter move either. So if you want to say we have more tape on Lemons fine. If you want to say he created some pressure that's also fine. Those things are not a whole game though where he has multiple assignments to digest and react to. One thing I noticed about Lemons at Auburn is he makes mental mistakes easily. If a rush is not succcesful he will try to overdo the rush into a run play and leave open a big gap. And the mistakes get into his head. Also another big question. But my point is not to say lemons is bad because I've believed in him day one. I still do but last season in no way is a certainty if his starting ability. He was put into the very best position to succeed inin a very limited nature as well. Very little room for him to look bad.



Smith also had 13 sacks
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
I think even if he has a strong camp/preseason we have so much depth/vet players with more knowledge he still might not make the 53 man roster & i am afraid we stash him on the P.S. someone right away is gonna snatch him up. Its a lose lose situation if he keeps his game up right now its like he's auditioning 4 another team.


With the way the Pats and Browns been snatching up injured players teams have tried to wave and then stash I seriously doubt Baalke takes the risk.
Originally posted by sf_nicoya:
and to clarify things by no means am i saying corey lemonier is no good or has no upside. he's a solid player.


but aaron lynch can be special ala aldon.

Any drafted player can be special. You do remember, and I am sure you were one of by your posting style, the members who turned the Zone into meltdown central after the Aldon pick right?

Lemonman has every bit the ability to turn into something special, every bit as much as Lynch because he doesn't have character concerns.

I am excited about the potential Lynch possesses also, but he lasted till the 5th and then had his strength and condition coach go on twitter and lambaste the Niners for having selected him at all, for a reason.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by sf_nicoya:
and to clarify things by no means am i saying corey lemonier is no good or has no upside. he's a solid player.


but aaron lynch can be special ala aldon.

Any drafted player can be special. You do remember, and I am sure you were one of by your posting style, the members who turned the Zone into meltdown central after the Aldon pick right?

Lemonman has every bit the ability to turn into something special, every bit as much as Lynch because he doesn't have character concerns.

I am excited about the potential Lynch possesses also, but he lasted till the 5th and then had his strength and condition coach go on twitter and lambaste the Niners for having selected him at all, for a reason.

That reason could be that the coach is a d******d. Who does s**t like that to kids he supposedly was supposed to be coaching?

Even if the beef is legitimate, be the mature guy. Going after a college kid who was your pupil is low.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by sf_nicoya:
and to clarify things by no means am i saying corey lemonier is no good or has no upside. he's a solid player.


but aaron lynch can be special ala aldon.

Any drafted player can be special. You do remember, and I am sure you were one of by your posting style, the members who turned the Zone into meltdown central after the Aldon pick right?

Lemonman has every bit the ability to turn into something special, every bit as much as Lynch because he doesn't have character concerns.

I am excited about the potential Lynch possesses also, but he lasted till the 5th and then had his strength and condition coach go on twitter and lambaste the Niners for having selected him at all, for a reason.

That reason could be that the coach is a d******d. Who does s**t like that to kids he supposedly was supposed to be coaching?

Even if the beef is legitimate, be the mature guy. Going after a college kid who was your pupil is low.

I agree. You must be a dirtbag to not wana see the kid be successful? They make mistakes, that's what kids do at that age. No excuse for bashing the niners for giving him a chance. This is America... Everyone deserves a second chance, as far as making mistakes in life that are correctable.
dude is gonna be a BEAST!
Originally posted by eonblue:
Hes almost completely untested tho. His biggest concern is run defense and nothing about last season answered that. I watched his pass rushes last season multiple times too and he doesn't have a counter move either. So if you want to say we have more tape on Lemons fine. If you want to say he created some pressure that's also fine. Those things are not a whole game though where he has multiple assignments to digest and react to. One thing I noticed about Lemons at Auburn is he makes mental mistakes easily. If a rush is not succcesful he will try to overdo the rush into a run play and leave open a big gap. And the mistakes get into his head. Also another big question. But my point is not to say lemons is bad because I've believed in him day one. I still do but last season in no way is a certainty if his starting ability. He was put into the very best position to succeed inin a very limited nature as well. Very little room for him to look bad.



Smith also had 13 sacks
The bolded is a bit unfair. Aldon had to split time with Haralyson, which meant PLENTY of PT whereas Lemon was taking scraps leftover from Brooks and Aldon. I am not in any way advocating that Lemon is equal to Aldon, just stating how misleading that is. I would venture to say without actually looking that Lemon got maybe 20-30% of the snaps that Aldon did his rookie season...maybe I'm wrong but it is not like Lemon got extensive playing time at any point in the season.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
I think even if he has a strong camp/preseason we have so much depth/vet players with more knowledge he still might not make the 53 man roster & i am afraid we stash him on the P.S. someone right away is gonna snatch him up. Its a lose lose situation if he keeps his game up right now its like he's auditioning 4 another team.


If he does all that then he makes the 53. You don't cut young pass rushers. Can never have enough!
@chrisbiderman Lynch, who has gained 20 pounds since getting drafted, looked good for his first practice. He broke up a pass Jewel Hampton deep down the right sideline. Hampton ran a wheel route and Lynch stayed with him stride for stride before breaking up the play.

A 6-4, 255 lb pass rusher running stride-for-stride deep with a running back... this is one of the reasons why I think they'll figure out a way to keep Lynch and not risk trying to put him on the practice squad. That's serious speed for a big man like that.
Originally posted by crake49:
@chrisbiderman Lynch, who has gained 20 pounds since getting drafted, looked good for his first practice. He broke up a pass Jewel Hampton deep down the right sideline. Hampton ran a wheel route and Lynch stayed with him stride for stride before breaking up the play.
A 6-4, 255 lb pass rusher running stride-for-stride deep with a running back... this is one of the reasons why I think they'll figure out a way to keep Lynch and not risk trying to put him on the practice squad. That's serious speed for a big man like that.

He's close to 270 if he supposedly gained 20lbs. They'll find a way to keep him on the roster if he shows pass rush potential (and maturity in training camp) in the pre season games. He's only 21 and has natural feel for pass rushing, and as Seattle proved last year, can't have too many players to rotate in the front 4.
  • DeUh
  • Member
  • Posts: 2,919
Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by Disp:
Look at Profootballfocus's grades. He had one of the highest pass rushing grades of any rookie. It takes into account sacks, hurries, and hits. An offense's success drops substantially when one of those happens, regardless of whether it turns into a sack. Obviously sacks are the best thing for a defense to have other than a turnover, but pressure is extremely important.

Yea but yet again you have.a limited.same.size. I don't know how he would grade if he was playing an entire game.


Here is the list you two are talking about.

The only reason people don't think Lemon is a special pass rusher is because they don't see the crazy athletic ability and huge size from him. Plenty of guys have been terrific pass rushers due to technique and agility. Lemon has a quick first step and does a lot of things well. Sounds like he busted his ass this offseason and should improve not only due to working out but also knowing the defense better and having further coaching.

Maybe he won't be on Aldon Smith's level but Aldon outside the booze was on a historic NFL pace as far as sacks so that's tough to match. Lemonier can certainly be a Lamarr Woodley type of player.
Originally posted by genus49:
The only reason people don't think Lemon is a special pass rusher is because they don't see the crazy athletic ability and huge size from him. Plenty of guys have been terrific pass rushers due to technique and agility. Lemon has a quick first step and does a lot of things well. Sounds like he busted his ass this offseason and should improve not only due to working out but also knowing the defense better and having further coaching.

Maybe he won't be on Aldon Smith's level but Aldon outside the booze was on a historic NFL pace as far as sacks so that's tough to match. Lemonier can certainly be a Lamarr Woodley type of player.

They also forget that Lemon started out his last year in college rated pretty highly along with Mingo and Jordan. He has similar measurables to all those 1st round picks but Auburn had a bad year so he faded in popularity among scouts.

But back to Lynch, if he lights it up they will find a way to keep him and unfortunately injuries can always happen which makes the decision easier.
Why didn't Lynch play last night? Is he hurt?

I'm not getting a good first impression from this guy. The flip flops rub me the wrong way.
...