There are 234 users in the forums

Aaron Lynch Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
He and his girlfriend/fiance are having another baby.

Expect him to come into camp well over 300 lbs if he finished the season in the 280's.
Originally posted by Heroism:
He and his girlfriend/fiance are having another baby.

Expect him to come into camp well over 300 lbs if he finished the season in the 280's.

Guess we got our three tech then..
Originally posted by jcs:
At this point he's a NT...

Originally posted byWillisfn4life:

Lol

On a serious note, I don't expect Lynch to make this team. I was one of his biggest fans coming out of the draft, but there's a reason he went where he went. The guy comes into camp fat and out of shape every single year; this one will be no different. He also gives lackadaisical effort on run defense and often just stands around while his teammates do all the work.

He's basically the antithesis of everything John Lynch is looking for in a player.
[ Edited by Heroism on Feb 26, 2017 at 7:04 PM ]
Originally posted byWillisfn4life:

Lol

On a serious note, I don't expect Lynch to make this team. I was one of his biggest fans coming out of the draft, but there's a reason he went where he went. The guy comes into camp fat and out of shape every single year; this one will be no different. He also gives lackadaisical effort on run defense and often just stands around while his teammates do all the work.

He's basically the antithesis of everything John Lynch is looking for in a player.

It might be equally as scary if he shows up in good shape and has a great year...in a contract year. Lynch is the kinda guy that makes it scary to hand big bucks too, because of his reoccurring motivational problems. Getting rich seems to complicate those problems for so many people.
Can't hitch our wagons to what ifs. Eventually potential becomes wasted potential. He's not rookie. This is a guy going into his fourth year.

If you look at his social media accounts, he actually looks fatter, and with the news of him expecting another child, I think it's safe to say he won't be coming into camp in shape.

I think our best bet is to either move him before the season, or hope he balls out and we get a nice comp pick in return. No chance I'd give him a huge contract.
[ Edited by Heroism on Feb 26, 2017 at 7:15 PM ]
Can't hitch our wagons to what ifs. Eventually potential becomes wasted potential. He's not rookie. This is a guy going into his fourth year.

If you look at his social media accounts, he actually looks fatter, and with the news of him expecting another child, I think it's safe to say he won't be coming into camp in shape.
It's the offseason bro, what if's are all we have at the moment . For the record though I agree with you. He's done nothing since being drafted to inspire much confidence in his mental capabilities.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Feb 26, 2017 at 8:41 PM ]
He could be a really good elephant in this D but I have pretty much given up on him. I'm hoping we sign Ingram and if not, I wan Derek Barnett at 2

I think our best bet is to either move him before the season, or hope he balls out and we get a nice comp pick in return. No chance I'd give him a huge contract.
Best bet to me at least is get him locked up on the cheaps.. No huge guarranted money But for sure no huge contract. Ala Vinny Mac.. Whats the zones resident cap expert??(my bad forgot his name) for sure he can better explain to me how this can get done.
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:

He could be a really good elephant in this D

Oh, he's definitely an elephant, but not of the football variety.

Originally posted by Willisfn4life:

• cciowa
  • Veteran
he is fat, he is trash. he serves no useful purpose. dump him and the rest of the linebackers and start anew
All this dude needs to do is get in shape. If he cant see the need to impress this new coaching staff, he definitely will not make the roster.
Originally posted by Kuya:
can he play inside linebacker or nah?

he's 6'6" and nearly 300 lbs right now. what do you think?

The guy played a lot of 3-4 DE in college. That's where I initially envisioned him.
Share 49ersWebzone