LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 249 users in the forums

Aaron Lynch Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Players especially younger ones want to get paid....their career can be over in the blink of an eye (Earl Thomas just showed us that last night). Sure we might have to overspend for FAs, but if that's what it takes to get some solid vets to help out all of these young guys so be it.

I'd rather give that $9 million towards a younger vet like Melivn Ingram http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-diego-chargers/melvin-ingram-9828/market-value/ or a real DB like Trumaine Johnson http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles-rams/trumaine-johnson-9875/market-value/ AJ. Bouye http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/houston-texans/a.j.-bouye-12795/market-value/ or Dre Kirkpatrick

Holding on to bloated contracts for vets that aren't producing isn't a effective way to rebuild a team (especially when we can get out of the contract for basically nothing)....Yes we aren't the Patriots, but if teams like the Jags can get big FAs why can't we? Hell the NY Giants hadn't had a winning season in 3 years and spent $250 million this past off season. Players go to the money because they know they won't be playing forever.

The position should already be set long term with Miles Garrett (assumptive pick) and Lynch. Keeping Brooks 1 year would give us a bridge to fill that ala what we did with Haralson. The past 2 years we let go those bloated vets and look how that turned out for us? Gore balling, Boldin balling, our young guys doing sh. Lynch has already proven he can't be fully trusted just yet and we have the short term cap space.

The Giants are always hanging .500. We have 1 win, and a college coach who will leave some defensive players weary with the perception that he leaves them on the field too long (see Sean Smith). Yeah you can say Jacksonville but typically it's 2nd rate guys who you're overpaying hence why they remain at the bottom. Bottom line is we have the cap space to do what you're saying and keep Brooks. 100 mil. I really don't see a great argument for letting him go outside of some number crunching game. I'd rather have the depth and possible great rotation at pass rushing then unused cap space.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Dec 5, 2016 at 7:27 AM ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:

The position should already be set long term with Miles Garrett (assumptive pick) and Lynch. Keeping Brooks 1 year would give us a bridge to fill that ala what we did with Haralson. The past 2 years we let go those bloated vets and look how that turned out for us? Gore balling, Boldin balling, our young guys doing sh. Lynch has already proven he can't be fully trusted just yet and we have the short term cap space.

The Giants are always hanging .500. We have 1 win, and a college coach who will leave some defensive players weary with the perception that he leaves them on the field too long (see Sean Smith). Yeah you can say Jacksonville but typically it's 2nd rate guys who you're overpaying hence why they remain at the bottom. Bottom line is we have the cap space to do what you're saying and keep Brooks. 100 mil. I really don't see a great argument for letting him go outside of some number crunching game. I'd rather have the depth and possible great rotation at pass rushing then unused cap space.

Well I'd love to have Myles and Lynch I'd take Eli/Tank at their price vs pay Brooks top five OLB money to split snaps with Lynch or Myles, sorry disagree there....just because you have 100 million doesn't mean you have to pay a middle of the line over the hill OLB top end money. That's not how you rebuild a team IMO.

There's a difference Gore/Q were up on their contracts and didn't have any money on the cap, neither of them were set to get paid top 5 at their positions respectively (like Brooks). I will say Hyde has identical numbers to Gore this yr.

Money talks man...if we are willing to give more than anyone else that wins most times...Sean Smith was on his 3rd contract and is 30 yrs old there's a difference between a 30 yr old who has money in the bank and a guy coming off his rookie contract trying to make as much as possible
Players especially younger ones want to get paid....their career can be over in the blink of an eye (Earl Thomas just showed us that last night). Sure we might have to overspend for FAs, but if that's what it takes to get some solid vets to help out all of these young guys so be it.

I'd rather give that $9 million towards a younger vet like Melivn Ingram http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-diego-chargers/melvin-ingram-9828/market-value/ or a real DB like Trumaine Johnson http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles-rams/trumaine-johnson-9875/market-value/ AJ. Bouye http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/houston-texans/a.j.-bouye-12795/market-value/ or Dre Kirkpatrick

Holding on to bloated contracts for vets that aren't producing isn't a effective way to rebuild a team (especially when we can get out of the contract for basically nothing)....Yes we aren't the Patriots, but if teams like the Jags can get big FAs why can't we? Hell the NY Giants hadn't had a winning season in 3 years and spent $250 million this past off season. Players go to the money because they know they won't be playing forever.

Agree - esp in bold. AND "..we aren't the Patriots."

Another Baalke failure is in FA

We could have let some of the garbage go and picked up an OLine guy like Michell Schwartz and others in FA.

I keep reading the stuff here in the Zone about we must build thru the draft. AND I agree

BUT we can pay young FA who can be part of our future too.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Agree - esp in bold. AND "..we aren't the Patriots."

Another Baalke failure is in FA

We could have let some of the garbage go and picked up an OLine guy like Michell Schwartz and others in FA.

I keep reading the stuff here in the Zone about we must build thru the draft. AND I agree

BUT we can pay young FA who can be part of our future too.

Yes it might cost more than Baalke and Co. were originally willing to spend BUT that's what happens when you're not successful in the draft on a steady basis.
Well I'd love to have Myles and Lynch I'd take Eli/Tank at their price vs pay Brooks top five OLB money to split snaps with Lynch or Myles, sorry disagree there....just because you have 100 million doesn't mean you have to pay a middle of the line over the hill OLB top end money. That's not how you rebuild a team IMO.

There's a difference Gore/Q were up on their contracts and didn't have any money on the cap, neither of them were set to get paid top 5 at their positions respectively (like Brooks). I will say Hyde has identical numbers to Gore this yr.

Money talks man...if we are willing to give more than anyone else that wins most times...Sean Smith was on his 3rd contract and is 30 yrs old there's a difference between a 30 yr old who has money in the bank and a guy coming off his rookie contract trying to make as much as possible

You'd take Eli or Tank. Thanks that's all I got to know from you. Be prepared to be crying with some other posters man we're just so unlucky. Those injuries and screw ups got us again.

Sean Smith was just the one who publically said no we were looking across the board for a corner and nobody showed up. Yeah if you OVERPAY but we've done that before and it didn't work out very well. See Nate Clements. Corner seems to be the worse at that too. Like I said though we can do your plan and sign Brooks. We have no cap issues. When Ahmad Brooks is going to be your highest paid player after Kap gets cut what does that say? Now is not the time to care about cost cutting.

It's Chip Kelly his defenses are on the field longer. It makes perfect sense to have 3 good pass rushers. I'm still looking to win now. Brooks can be cut at anytime but if you have the space and need what's the purpose of cutting him? My metrics say you're overpaying him. Lol. I know you're assuming we can spend 60-70 mil like the Giants wisely but be real. That's not happening.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Dec 5, 2016 at 8:50 AM ]
You'd take Eli or Tank. Thanks that's all I got to know from you. Be prepared to be crying with some other posters man we're just so unlucky. Those injuries and screw ups got us again.

Sean Smith was just the one who publically said no we were looking across the board for a corner and nobody showed up. Yeah if you OVERPAY but we've done that before and it didn't work out very well. See Nate Clements. Corner seems to be the worse at that too. Like I said though we can do your plan and sign Brooks. We have no cap issues. When Ahmad Brooks is going to be your highest paid player after Kap gets cut what does that say? Now is not the time to care about cost cutting.

As backups yup! You don't pay backups $9 million period! What do you mean crying with some other posters, about what?

Well first off with Smith do you know how much we offered him vs Oakland? IF it was comparable money will yeah he's gonna go with the better team ESPECIALLY when he's NOT a young player coming off his rookie contract (did you not read that part ) We overpaid for Justin Smith that worked out there's examples for both sides all day man.

Well if you're on the fence at CB then use that money on a younger player at another position. We have holes all over...I'd have no issue giving Brooks that money if he played to the level of it and if you're talking about how we are getting Myles that's even more initiative to move on from him.

What that says (you're last sentence) is the roster NEEDS to be reworked hard! Brooks should NEVER EVER be the 2nd highest player on anyone's team...just because you have money doesn't mean you have to give it to someone that's not producing to the level of his pay, would you do that if you owned a business? Why would anyone be cool with giving him stupid money for middle of the road play? I don't get that?

Whomever is the GM is gonna have to make moves and a lot...IMO no one is safe on the team everyone is expendable, most of the time it's the older players with bloated contracts that aren't balling.
As backups yup! You don't pay backups $9 million period! What do you mean crying with some other posters, about what?

Well first off with Smith do you know how much we offered him vs Oakland? IF it was comparable money will yeah he's gonna go with the better team ESPECIALLY when he's NOT a young player coming off his rookie contract (did you not read that part ) We overpaid for Justin Smith that worked out there's examples for both sides all day man.

Well if you're on the fence at CB then use that money on a younger player at another position. We have holes all over...I'd have no issue giving Brooks that money if he played to the level of it and if you're talking about how we are getting Myles that's even more initiative to move on from him.

What that says (you're last sentence) is the roster NEEDS to be reworked hard! Brooks should NEVER EVER be the 2nd highest player on anyone's team...just because you have money doesn't mean you have to give it to someone that's not producing to the level of his pay, would you do that if you owned a business? Why would anyone be cool with giving him stupid money for middle of the road play? I don't get that?

Whomever is the GM is gonna have to make moves and a lot...IMO no one is safe on the team everyone is expendable, most of the time it's the older players with bloated contracts that aren't balling.

Well you're right that he shouldn't be but he is and not just because his contract is bad but because this is an untalented team filled with Baalke's worthless drafts and that's about all.

In reagards to the crying statement the Baalke crew that constantly cries how we've been derailed due to injuries and player f ups. FTR you're relying on one of those f ups. How many Justin Smith's hit FA? Most of the time you bet on the short end of the contract you signed not that I'm against it I just don't see where we're going to fill our oodles and oodles of cap space wisely.

I'm not so sure who'd start between the 3 but I do know all three of them would be used. How comfortable are you with Garrett and Lynch covering which is part of a 3-4?

We can also restructure his deal because it's not like he'll make that anywhere else.
Well you're right that he shouldn't be but he is and not just because his contract is bad but because this is an untalented team filled with Baalke's worthless drafts and that's about all.

In reagards to the crying statement the Baalke crew that constantly cries how we've been derailed due to injuries and player f ups. FTR you're relying on one of those f ups. How many Justin Smith's hit FA? Most of the time you bet on the short end of the contract you signed not that I'm against it I just don't see where we're going to fill our oodles and oodles of cap space wisely.

I'm not so sure who'd start between the 3 but I do know all three of them would be used. How comfortable are you with Garrett and Lynch covering which is part of a 3-4?

We can also restructure his deal because it's not like he'll make that anywhere else.

I have zero problem with lynch in coverage he's shown he can do that just as well as Brooks...I'm not saying a player like smith will be available but it wasn't like he came to a good niners team when we signed him.

Hey if he wants to cut that contract in half fine...hes not a top OLB and shouldn't be paid that plain and simple. You don't get better by keeping older players with bigger contract that aren't preforming.

I don't think baalke will be he GM to f**k everything up.
I have zero problem with lynch in coverage he's shown he can do that just as well as Brooks...I'm not saying a player like smith will be available but it wasn't like he came to a good niners team when we signed him.

Hey if he wants to cut that contract in half fine...hes not a top OLB and shouldn't be paid that plain and simple. You don't get better by keeping older players with bigger contract that aren't preforming.

I don't think baalke will be he GM to f**k everything up.

Smith came in 2008 and we were still struggling but Patrick Willis was looking like Ray Lewis.
Easy to see how he'd believe that with him we could be a top 5 d.

I don't think any 1st class prospect would join us now but you're right we'll be able to overpay some good prospects.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
is this scrub still on the team?

Smith came in 2008 and we were still struggling but Patrick Willis was looking like Ray Lewis.
Easy to see how he'd believe that with him we could be a top 5 d.

I don't think any 1st class prospect would join us now but you're right we'll be able to overpay some good prospects.

We were the 25th ranked D when smith came in...sure he'd like to play with Willis but other than that it was a lot of crap and the team was s**tty as well. He came here because he became on the top paid DL players lol...
We were the 25th ranked D when smith came in...sure he'd like to play with Willis but other than that it was a lot of crap and the team was s**tty as well. He came here because he became on the top paid DL players lol...

I'm sure the $ mattered but you're always going to be 1 of multiple teams willing to pay. The team with the better pieces typically wins out.

If we were the only team smart enough to pay Justin that kind of jack credit to us but it's not the typical result.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Dec 5, 2016 at 10:04 AM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:
but, but, but you already believe we have that guy in LYNCH??

NO?????

... exactly where and what is he doin right now again??

.. we may as well add your other favorite 49ers... uhmmmm.. Arik Armstead... uhmmm... Eric Reid??.. Vance... and yes, lets not forget to complete who you believe is the FUTURE of the team...

COLLINNNNNNNNN KAAEPERRNICKKKKKKKKK !!!!!!!

WOOOHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!

Dude what the f**k is your problem?? seriously? Where did I say my favorite 49ers are the players you mentioned?? I just don't think they are all dog s**t like you do.

And yes Aaron Lynch has performed to the same level (and better) when on the field to Brooks and stats/film back it up.

IF you just want to argue...then go bother someone else....seems to be about the only thing you do on here. OH and make up nicknames for players/compare them to guys from 20 yrs ago lol.

I'm done wasting my time with your comments.
ahhhhhh...

pobresitohhh!!

don't feel like that brah??!!

EDUCATION is never a waste of time, and that's what you're goin thru at the moment..

FOOTBALL 101

I'm sure the $ mattered but you're always going to be 1 of multiple teams willing to pay. The team with the better pieces typically wins out.

If we were the only team smart enough to pay Justin that kind of jack credit to us but it's not the typical result.

I'm just saying SF was a s**t hole when he came here and money was the main attraction and is for most football players, especially younger guys coming off those rookie contracts...they want to get paid now then if they get that 3rd contract it can be in hopes of playing on a Pats type of team (and a below market price) for a ring.

The top end FAs last yr went to teams that had losing records just how it works most of the time. Not saying they will all come here, but whomever is the GM needs to actually throw money on the table not BS below the market offers.

Out with the old in with the new and if someone like Brooks wasn't to stay here he's gonna have to restructure that contract severely...like you said no team is gonna pay him $9 million a yr.
Originally posted by 9moon:
ahhhhhh...

pobresitohhh!!

don't feel like that brah??!!

EDUCATION is never a waste of time, and that's what you're goin thru at the moment..

FOOTBALL 101

That's your issue, is you're the last person in here who should be throwing out football 101 lol.

Like I said I'm done...you can "drop" some knowledge on someone else that has the time to listen to your silliness.

Good day sir
Share 49ersWebzone