LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

Aaron Lynch Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Just as impressive as his growth this year is the fact he's kept himself in check. Seemed like a real nutcase.
It's so weird how our best players got the least play time most of the year. Surprised to see Dial that low as I see him play the run pretty well often. I think Lynch might be a better hand in the dirt player than Von Miller but I think Miller has him beat all around. Although Lynch's coverage is probably underrated.
[ Edited by Evilgenius on Dec 3, 2015 at 7:54 PM ]
Starting to become my new favorite player. Was Gore than Willis than Aldon. Wish they had his jersey for sale
Originally posted by Evilgenius:
It's so weird how our best players got the least play time most of the year. Surprised to see Dial that low as I see him play the run pretty well often. I think Lynch might be a better hand in the dirt player than Von Miller but I think Miller has him beat all around. Although Lynch's coverage is probably underrated.

Dial is probably better served as a rotational run stuffer.
Lynch you beast,one of the few players who doesn't make me wanna kill myself
Originally posted by 49erfaninAZ:
Starting to become my new favorite player. Was Gore than Willis than Aldon. Wish they had his jersey for sale

I have a white authentic coming in the mail.
Originally posted by BodhiPaddlesOut:
Just as impressive as his growth this year is the fact he's kept himself in check. Seemed like a real nutcase.

From what? His college position coach that didnt like him?
Originally posted by Niners99:

Exactly, then that dude was let go by USF.

People act like Lynch was a cancer because he left Notre Dame because he wasn't happy there and wanted to be closer to home. If teams knew he'd be this good he would've been a 1st round pick.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000592584/article/2014-nfl-draft-doover-texans-take-derek-carr-at-no-1

Number 16 in that do-over.
[ Edited by btthepunk on Dec 3, 2015 at 11:58 PM ]
3rd behind JJ Watts in season sacks
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by Evilgenius:

Dial is probably better served as a rotational run stuffer.

He's come on late and is our second best run defender along the DL next to Ian Williams.

His natural position is actually LDE (not RDE) which is why we also moved AA to the RDE. This way, Lynch can play off Dial on the left side and AA can help collapse the pocket on the right side. In short, Dial is back home and I expect to see him continue to grow/develop. I don't like that Mangini moves these DE's all over the place so scheme certainly plays a lot into this as well. Dial is having a very nice year regardless despite some early containment issues early on that right side.

Originally posted by NCommand:
Dial is having a very nice year regardless despite some early containment issues.

Not according to PFF.

And his school transfer. Some trouble he got in with the coaching staff. On and then off Adderall (which caused weight issues).
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I think that the kid is a just a big by nature.. i mean, i now believe that no matter where he stays, what he eats and how he works out, the guy will just be overweight often... not that he will be out of shape, i just thikn that he's just too big for his position..

so i say, we leave him alone, and just have him rush the passer instead of getting cute at times and ask him to drop back into coverage... that's not his game... he basically is a "tweener".. but rushing the passer is what he does best!!
Originally posted by btthepunk:

Exactly, then that dude was let go by USF.

People act like Lynch was a cancer because he left Notre Dame because he wasn't happy there and wanted to be closer to home. If teams knew he'd be this good he would've been a 1st round pick.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000592584/article/2014-nfl-draft-doover-texans-take-derek-carr-at-no-1

Number 16 in that do-over.

He has proved that jerk wrong.

And his school transfer. Some trouble he got in with the coaching staff. On and then off Adderall (which caused weight issues).

Since the day he was drafted hes been nothing but professional, and worked hard to become one of the best pass rushers in the NFL by age 22.

I think its unfair to judge him based on some college BS.

Ultimately, the rumors about his attitude ended up causing him to fall in the draft, so we got him for cheap.
Share 49ersWebzone