LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

Aaron Lynch Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I agree, if both of these guys (Aaron & Aldon) can stay focus, and Aaron surpass Brooks, we may just see the dream Tag Team that George Seifert wanted to see in Charles Haley and Tim Harris back in 90s..
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by 9moon:
he came in as a rookie at 270, and he wanted to maintain that.. towards the end of last year, coaches had told him to get lower than 270 because his position (full time) will call for him to drop into coverage and they wanted him to be lighter..

damnnn, don't you guys follow the team????

Throw me a link on that? I do follow the team.....religiously.

I never read anything stating he was out of shape last year like you're saying...he weights 270 so you want him to lose 5 lbs?

9moon, are you making sh*t up again? He looked like he held the weight well, many converted DE take a year or two to be able to drop into coverage well anyways. Plus he is 6'5, 270 sounds about right.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
he came in as a rookie at 270, and he wanted to maintain that.. towards the end of last year, coaches had told him to get lower than 270 because his position (full time) will call for him to drop into coverage and they wanted him to be lighter..

I never read anything stating he was out of shape last year like you're saying...he weights 270 so you want him to lose 5 lbs?

no one said he was out of shape, the coaches were advising him that if he to takeover Brooks' starting full time position, he's gonna have to drop into coverage and that he was adviced to be in the 265 range so he can be quicker.

no one said he was out of shape, the coaches were advising him that if he to takeover Brooks' starting full time position, he's gonna have to drop into coverage and that he was adviced to be in the 265 range so he can be quicker.
YOU said he was out of shape.

"Lynch looked out of shape last year because he was a 275 DL trying to play the LB position.. I've always felt and posted here last year that he should get down to around 265 and be in better shape all game long..

Thiis year, if he comes in at 265, he can be similar to Charles Haley, but he comes in around the 275 lbs and play OLB, watch him play more like Tulla Banta Cain."

if you can't be bothered to read your posts, hanged if I know why we should. Where is the link the other poster requested? I want to see it as well.

Oh, and "damnnn, don't you guys follow the team????" Stop that.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
he looked out of shape (IN MY EYES) at 275 trying to play OLB..

and thats prolly because Harbaugh allowed him to bring home 2 to 3 steak during dinner.. but when he started to gain more playing times, and started playng well, even the coaches said that he should be somewhere in the 265s...

and thats prolly because Harbaugh allowed him to bring home 2 to 3 steak during dinner.. but when he started to gain more playing times, and started playng well, even the coaches said that he should be somewhere in the 265s...

"No one said he was out of shape." Quote 9moon

As English stated you did say he was out of shape in a previous post....I'm just looking for a link that says what your stating is true that's all...maybe I missed it.
Originally posted by philosoraptor:
Originally posted by InsertNameHere:
Lynch is going to become a top-5 OLB. He may end up being a better all-around OLB than Aldon. He probably won't be a better pass rusher. He's going to end up being the steal of that draft.

I like the positivity, dont get me wrong. I do think Lynch can be very good, but your making a leap my friend. Lets see if he puts in the work year 2. He has s much talent as any OLB in the league right now.

Yeah, it's hard to assess the two players to a degree b/c the SAM (blue collar) is drastically different than the WILL position (glory position). It was kind of like we were saying overall, Brooks was a better LB than Aldon (i.e. clutch plays, edge-sealing, playing off blockers, play recognition, dropping into coverage on pick-6's, TFL, FF's, PD's, INT's while QB pressures and sacks were secondary responsibilities but he was good at these too, etc.). Naturally Aldon would put up huge sack numbers and QB pressures (primary responsibility). But much of THAT is a moot point now, even with different responsibilities over the years in Fangio's defense, as Aldon worked hard at being a better edge-sealer, play recognition, clutch plays, dropping into coverage, etc.

Lynch is special and he learned a TON from Brooks last year on how we play the SAM position and his ceiling is very high.

Either way, is there a better and more versatile rotation of OLB's in the game right now over Brooks/Lynch and Aldon/Harold? Mangini is going to LOVE attacking with these guys and attacking from different spots on the field while being less vanilla.

Link?

Man you're back tracker here....if YOU think he's out of shape than just say that. Don't state the coaching staff said he is and needs to lose 5-10 lbs unless you have some sort of proof to back it up.

It's not that big of a deal just don't make stuff up.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Lynch looked out of shape last year because he was a 275 DL trying to play the LB position.. I've always felt and posted here last year that he should get down to around 265 and be in better shape all game long..

Thiis year, if he comes in at 265, he can be similar to Charles Haley, but he comes in around the 275 lbs and play OLB, watch him play more like Tulla Banta Cain..

Lynch looked out of shape last year ( that's in my opinion NOT the coaches ) because he was a 275 DL trying to play the LB position.

BUT i also read somewhere last year, that if he was going to have more playing time, or even taking over Brooks' position (full time), the he needed to get around 265 so that he can be quicker when called upon to drop into coverage..

Lynch looked out of shape last year because he was a 275 DL trying to play the LB position.. I've always felt and posted here last year that he should get down to around 265 and be in better shape all game long..

Thiis year, if he comes in at 265, he can be similar to Charles Haley, but he comes in around the 275 lbs and play OLB, watch him play more like Tulla Banta Cain..

Lynch looked out of shape last year ( that's in my opinion NOT the coaches ) because he was a 275 DL trying to play the LB position.

BUT i also read somewhere last year, that if he was going to have more playing time, or even taking over Brooks' position (full time), the he needed to get around 265 so that he can be quicker when called upon to drop into coverage..

"He's a guy that came in here after the draft out of shape, was rounding into shape toward the end of the offseason workouts, then pulled - strangely - both hamstrings at once. So he spent June and July rehabbing, not training." - Vic Fangio. This the quote your talking about?
I wonder if Lynch will run for president after being inducted into Canton at the age of 27.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I know what I've read.. and I that's up to you guys to find the link if you like.. and i do remember even Lynch said that he feels best at 265 lbs..
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
you guys find the thread... and to prove that I've read what I posted here, here's PART OF THE PROOF and what was said..

" Lynch's development was slowed when he pulled both hamstrings during an offfseason practice.
He missed the early part of training camp and put on weight during his rehabilitation.

During camp, Lynch said he weighed 276 pounds. Today, Fangio estimated he's hovering in the low 260s.

"He played well in the preseason games for the most part," Fangio said.
"He made some plays. He's continued to improve from there.
And he's gotten in better shape."

ESPECIALLY FOR NYniner85!!!!

Share 49ersWebzone