There are 205 users in the forums

Aaron Lynch Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

Originally posted by jonesadrian:
There were a few times 49ers players came in unblocked and he escaped and made a simple pass to wide open people from 5 yards away.

can't be understated when he was in his grasp he went down after what we saw him do.

justin smith can on a broken play and wilson bobbled the snap and stood there and still didn't get tackled by smith.

Man you are so right. Lynch needs to see more snaps and especially vs Wilson. Wilson is special in what he does scrambling and buying time but when you have Aldon and Lynch. Play them and cut that mess out. Lynch is a playmaker! Brooks is solid but Lynch is freakish out there and his attitude is just as bad as Brooks or worse! I like him!

that's the entire difference. when Wilson went to Aldon's side to scramble he IMMEDIATELY got rid of the ball. he didn't try and cute things he didn't try to make things happen because he knows aldon is not trying to back up to cover a play he is going full throttle to hurt him.

Brooks is staying in between and that's what Wilson wants.
The play last year by bowman illustrated it the best. when wilson got outside of the pocket and bowman ran a straight line to hit him and wilson was looking down field because he didn't expect it.. that's the same thing aldon did 1st play of nfcg and made him fumble
flat foot gets you beat
attack makes him go down.
lynch is amazing at pass rush. crazy talent, love the guy.

however, outside of that, not a lot of iq and very raw in coverage/reading the play. tonight, one of the biggest gains down the sideline on a checkdown was due to him not taking the RB in the flat.

still a lot of work to be done but clearly a great pick by baalke already
Aldon may have been the quiet one of the bunch tonight. Brooks tackles Wilson for a loss on 2nd and goal and then as always, comes through in the clutch and knocks the 3rd down pass down. FG instead of down 14-0 early. Lynch big splash plays. Love this rotation for now.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NCommand:
Aldon may have been the quiet one of the bunch tonight. Brooks tackles Wilson for a loss on 2nd and goal and then as always, comes through in the clutch and knocks the 3rd down pass down. FG instead of down 14-0 early. Lynch big splash plays. Love this rotation for now.

i'm actually surprised the coaches are handling this so well. figured they'd just sit brooks for entire games at a time.
So Brooks-Smith/Lynch-Skuta

I can dig that for a few years

u only love it cuz Brooks is getting almost all the snaps
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jreff22:

was skuta even active?
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

was skuta even active?

hurt. But I like him over Lemon head
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame

was skuta even active?

hurt. But I like him over Lemon head
oh for sure. Skuta's a baller.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
This dude pretty good gotta give him his props.

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by susweel:

i didn't think he was gonna be able to catch wilson, but he ran his ass down.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by susweel:

i didn't think he was gonna be able to catch wilson, but he ran his ass down.

Yah that was impressive.
Originally posted by znk916:

u only love it cuz Brooks is getting almost all the snaps

It just depends on who we play. Brooks is better served against Seattle and played very well esp. against M.Lynch and clutch in the RZ. That said ideally I'd like to see Brooks Lynch and Aldon rotate a lot and both spots.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
was skuta even active?

Yes, he played 19 snaps on Defense and 18 on ST.

disagree they avoided aldon at all costs yesterday. the only real thing they did was a run i remember when he got his legs taken out on the backside. other than that they avoided him completely.
Share 49ersWebzone