There are 195 users in the forums

Bruce Ellington is not a 49er!

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
So is it logical to call Bruce the black Wes Welker?

How about calling him a younger Wes Welker with more flat out breakaway speed and a much better vertical leap?
buck, do you have those metrics for all our drafted players?
do you have this for all our drafted players

Originally posted by buck:
Here are some of the results of metrics used to measure the athletic capacities of draft picks.

1. Agility Metric (Simple agility= SS + 3C times)
Under 11.1 is very strong.
ELLINGTON, B.---10.64

4th best among wide receivers at the combine

2. Weighted Agility = 100*(1-(3 Cone/(0.0573*(weight/height)+4.8403)))
Ellington, B---5.213960096

3rd best among wide receivers at the combine

3. Twitch = Shuttle - 2*10 yd split - (1.60 - 10 yd split)
Lower is better
Ellington, B.--0.72

2nd best among wide receivers at the combine
Originally posted by iLL49er:
do you have this for all our drafted players

Originally posted by buck:
Here are some of the results of metrics used to measure the athletic capacities of draft picks.

1. Agility Metric (Simple agility= SS + 3C times)
Under 11.1 is very strong.
ELLINGTON, B.---10.64

4th best among wide receivers at the combine

2. Weighted Agility = 100*(1-(3 Cone/(0.0573*(weight/height)+4.8403)))
Ellington, B---5.213960096

3rd best among wide receivers at the combine

3. Twitch = Shuttle - 2*10 yd split - (1.60 - 10 yd split)
Lower is better
Ellington, B.--0.72

2nd best among wide receivers at the combine

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2014/combine/qb.html
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
2 things. One is he's got to actually suit up for a game before we can start saying stuff like this. lol Two is Lance Shulters and Brandon Lloyd were both 4th rounders for us. Both Pro Bowlers, as well. If he's a Pro Bowler some day I'll have no problem awarding him this title. Sopoaga was a 4th too. He was a pretty good player for us. Just sayin.
Was Goldson a fourth rounder too?

Indeed he was. I overlooked that. He was the 2nd 4th round pick out of 3 in 2007. lol
Originally posted by crake49:
So is it logical to call Bruce the black Wes Welker?

How about calling him a younger Wes Welker with more flat out breakaway speed and a much better vertical leap?

so....a black wes welker

this him?

[ Edited by DonnieDarko on May 13, 2014 at 5:08 PM ]
so....a black wes welker

this him?

Dats my cracka!
  • buck
  • Veteran

I will check.

I have already started cleaning out my 2014 files and I have begun compiling files for next year.

If I have not deleted the necessary files, I will compile what I have for the draft class.
I think this is my 2nd favorite pick after Marcus Martin. Didn't really get hurt even while playing 2 sports, and the incredible body control basketball requires is going to be such an asset for him both in performance and in being to able to quickly learn better technique. Combine that with his awesome combine numbers/speed/explosion, I think this could be a steal.
Originally posted by dhp318:
I think this is my 2nd favorite pick after Marcus Martin. Didn't really get hurt even while playing 2 sports, and the incredible body control basketball requires is going to be such an asset for him both in performance and in being to able to quickly learn better technique. Combine that with his awesome combine numbers/speed/explosion, I think this could be a steal.

I remember way back we had debate on the forum where I told folk I had family that were pro back in the day and they said that there are multiple NBA players that could go NFL but choose not too due to guaranteed salary in NBA and career longevity. I got thrashed on here by but a few but all I am hearing these days is the relevance of B Ball and how it translates to the NFL. I'm seeing Jimmy Graham and that boy in DEN Thomas and Mike Evans saying more basketball players that don't make NBA should try pigskin. When you have relatives that you stand toe to toe with and compete with in sport and have conversation with you really get a glimpse of what's really going on. Basketball can help in football at some positions.

Originally posted by JD81:

• buck
  • Veteran

I eliminated all of my 2014 files except for the files for our rookies.
I cannot give you a comparison of our rookies to the others drafted at same position.

Carlos Hyde pulled his hamstring at the combine and he did not run at his pro day.
I took his forty time and 10-yd split time from draftscout.com
He is not included in most of the stats.

Here are stats I could put together so far.

The average Speed Score is 100.
The average first-round pick approaches a Speed Score of 112.
So, Hyde has a speed score that is average--just a bit better than average.

[ Edited by buck on May 13, 2014 at 11:24 PM ]
thank you, this is a very interesting way of looking at it..i'm sure teams are doing exactly this or even something more granular
lol wow this guy must get so much pu$$y

Originally posted by defenderDX:

How in the hell does a dude from 1983 already have access to the players the 49ers would be drafting in 2014?
Share 49ersWebzone