LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 219 users in the forums

2014 outlook at wide reciever. (Guys not named Crabtree and Boldin)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Depth Chart:

1st) Crab
2nd) Boldin
3rd) Stevie J.
4th) Patton
5th) Ellington
6th) Osgood

Agreed, although it is possible we only carry 5 WR. Also, if ST value is found elsewhere, it is possible that we keep Lloyd or Baldwin over Osgood.
Originally posted by fryet:
The competition should be interesting. It is no given that Patton will make the team this year. The only probables are:

1. Crabtree
2. Boldin
3. Johnson
5. Ellington

REALLY,and what are you baising your deduction of Patton not making the team? Some of you Guys amaze me in the unfounded statements you make. Out of the BLUE" ahh ahh Patton is not going to make the Team" and there is nothing to back-up this statement AT ALL,just pulling s**t out of your asses,Do you think before you make these kind of statements?
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
DO you all see how s**t Sherman is if he doesn't get his hands on the receiver and grab a fist full of jersey? These plays show exactly that and why he was a 5th round pick. The dude is only so good because he mugs guys every play, takes roids, and has Earl Thomas up top helping him out. He does not have good movement skills, not fluid in the hips, and isn't quick. These are necessary attributes to be a good corner. Again he is good largely because he cheats. Patrick Peterson is absolutely correct when he said that Sherman has no feet, no hips, and simply doesn't cover well man to man. The dude is so overrated it's not even funny. Anyone can be good if you let them hold every play and take roids..

He's one of the best cbs in the game and it doesn't matter why. Don't be like Seattle fans and give credit where credit is due.
[ Edited by natrone06 on May 23, 2014 at 7:10 PM ]
Originally posted by Wisconsin49erfan:
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Depth Chart:

1st) Crab
2nd) Boldin
3rd) Stevie J.
4th) Patton
5th) Ellington
6th) Osgood

Agreed, although it is possible we only carry 5 WR. Also, if ST value is found elsewhere, it is possible that we keep Lloyd or Baldwin over Osgood.

I doubt it. It's either those 6 or the 1st 5 IMO. Lloyd and Baldwin have nothing to bring to the team IMO ahead of those 1st 5 guys. And Osgood is a ST Ace. I pray Baalke, and Company keep Osgood.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
I doubt it. It's either those 6 or the 1st 5 IMO. Lloyd and Baldwin have nothing to bring to the team IMO ahead of those 1st 5 guys. And Osgood is a ST Ace. I pray Baalke, and Company keep Osgood.

I agree.
Originally posted by natrone06:
DO you all see how s**t Sherman is if he doesn't get his hands on the receiver and grab a fist full of jersey? These plays show exactly that and why he was a 5th round pick. The dude is only so good because he mugs guys every play, takes roids, and has Earl Thomas up top helping him out. He does not have good movement skills, not fluid in the hips, and isn't quick. These are necessary attributes to be a good corner. Again he is good largely because he cheats. Patrick Peterson is absolutely correct when he said that Sherman has no feet, no hips, and simply doesn't cover well man to man. The dude is so overrated it's not even funny. Anyone can be good if you let them hold every play and take roids..

He's one of the best cbs in the game and it doesn't matter why. Don't be like Seattle fans and give credit where credit is due.

Oh gosh. Get out of here with that make it stop s**t. If you actually read the post and understood the cornerback position, you would realize I'm right on the money. The guy has smarts, does his homework, and has good ball skills. I absolutely give him that. As a natural corner though, he doesn't have great ability. Sherman plays high up, has poor change of direction skills, and not very fluid in the hips. His game depends on holding and receiving help over the top. Earl Thomas on the other hand, now that guy is a true stud.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by natrone06:

Oh gosh. Get out of here with that make it stop s**t. If you actually read the post and understood the cornerback position, you would realize I'm right on the money. The guy has smarts, does his homework, and has good ball skills. I absolutely give him that. As a natural corner though, he doesn't have great ability. Sherman plays high up, has poor change of direction skills, and not very fluid in the hips. His game depends on holding and receiving help over the top. Earl Thomas on the other hand, now that guy is a true stud.

Yup. PP wasn't saying that she isn't good, it's just that she isn't a "shutdown" CB--can't count on her to (consistently) hang 1 on 1 with top notch receivers like himself, Haden or Revis Island could.

If Crabs wasn't coming off that injury (returning too soon), she wouldn't have been able to cover Crabs the way she did... not even if you gave her a blanket. IMO, she would make a better safety (damn good one) than CB.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I think Baldwin though with a full off-season (OTA's, mini-camps, training camp, Preseason) learning the 9ers playbook and expectations so low (well at least for me) he will look like a different player and possibly resurrect his career in SF. Habaugh and Baalke are gonna face some tough decisions especially with Brandon Lloyd being on the cheap side.

I hope Baldwin makes it tough for the Niners to cut him this year. But for him to have a real shot he still needs to be able to contribute to Special Teams (All coverage teams Punt & Kickoff Gunner)
Share 49ersWebzone