LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 303 users in the forums

Brandon Thomas OL (traded to DET)

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • bors
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Murphys1:
Why does he wear sunglasses in the library?

Future so bright?
So is he taking over for Iupati next year?

How long will he be removed from his knee injury?
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:

Thomas tore his ACL April 8, 2014.
Originally posted by DeUh:
Thomas tore his ACL April 8, 2014.

Nice so he'll be about 13 months removed from training camp. Hopefully is ready to roll

I would think since Kilgore had done a fine job before his injury that he would hold down the C spot.

Making Marcus Martin battle it out with Looney and Thomas for the right to be the starter at LG
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

I would think since Kilgore had done a fine job before his injury that he would hold down the C spot.

Making Marcus Martin battle it out with Looney and Thomas for the right to be the starter at LG

Sounds about right.
  • JayT
  • Veteran
What is his potential?
The GOAT.

But you might try to use the search function next time.

Originally posted by Geeked:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

Sounds about right.

Yup and M.Martin has slimmed down a lot...lot leaner from the video I saw of him working out. If we install a ZBS, all of these guys will be heavy on cardio and trimming up. With Kilgore back, you also have Farrell behind him at C so truth...you'll have a monster battle inside and I think that battle INCLUDES Alex Boone who played like ass all year long. I would not be surprised if he is moved out to LT and Staley to right and Davis slides inside and a battle ensues at LG with Looney, Martin and Thomas.

Originally posted by NCommand:
Yup and M.Martin has slimmed down a lot...lot leaner from the video I saw of him working out. If we install a ZBS, all of these guys will be heavy on cardio and trimming up. With Kilgore back, you also have Farrell behind him at C so truth...you'll have a monster battle inside and I think that battle INCLUDES Alex Boone who played like ass all year long. I would not be surprised if he is moved out to LT and Staley to right and Davis slides inside and a battle ensues at LG with Looney, Martin and Thomas.

I would much rather see Boone as the swing man on tackle. When he came in for Staley a couple seasons ago, he completely shut Robert Quinn down. I think it's more his natural position.
Originally posted by crake49:
Originally posted by NCommand:

I would much rather see Boone as the swing man on tackle. When he came in for Staley a couple seasons ago, he completely shut Robert Quinn down. I think it's more his natural position.

He spent years training as a tackle and I think even he believes its his best position for sure. His coach/trainer, LeCharles Bentley, also went on record and said that's his more natural position. In a ZBS, I'm trying to picture who is most athletic, better at sealing edges, getting to the next level, conditioned, etc. Whatchu think?

Many of those runs will be to the right side off tackle. Hmmmm?
I have looked and looked and have not been able to find where Brandon Thomas was projected in the Draft before his injury! Does anyone have real information on this not just personal opinions???
Originally posted by Zachary13White:
I have looked and looked and have not been able to find where Brandon Thomas was projected in the Draft before his injury! Does anyone have real information on this not just personal opinions???

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2014/story/_/id/10744388/2014-nfl-draft-prospect-brandon-thomas-tears-acl

2nd or 3rd

By the way projections ARE personal opinions
[ Edited by English on Feb 25, 2015 at 11:56 AM ]
Touche Mr. Moderator, but some Personal Opinions are not as viable as others lol... I just saw ToddMcshay called him an early 2nd rounder before the ACL. Thanks for the info
Share 49ersWebzone