There are 271 users in the forums

Stevie Johnson Thread (signed with SD)

We spent a whole season trying to figure Jenkins out, spent another season trying to see if Baldwin would work, if the 49ers cut Stevie Johnson within the same year they signed him (specially at the cost of a 4th; albeit expendable 4th) that would be really surprising. I'd be more worried about Patton, who made a Superbowl celebration after a first down, talk about 'I'm desperate and won't make the team'.

People think a player is gonna make the roster simply for what we're seeing on TV/hearing out of camp, like the coach(es) don't see something they like in person, I guess we're all just experts who go to 4949 Centennial every morning.
Originally posted by Jcool:
When you hear a local radio host saying something like Stevie Johnson might not make the team. Take it with a huge grain of salt. Its just the host trying to drum up controversy to get people to call in.

This.
Originally posted by daragon:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
People actually believe we traded for him and he'll be cut?

lol

Wow

It's just the typical webzone freakout after every game.

whoa hold on

i'm saying what kevin lynch said on KNBR earlier today. I don't think he will get cut.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I think the whole QB/WR timing thing is a bunch of crap. There are plenty of rookies that come in and produce and way more than a hand full of veterans. Kap and Steve are two vets. There is no excuse. It's either the scheme, Stevie or Kap. I'm leaning towards scheme, just because Stevie deserves the benefit of the doubt. He's had 3 thousand yard seasons with scrub QBs. WR come to SF and die. Straight up.

Boldin hasn't died. He's thrived but I agree that we aren't WR heaven unless you are one of the 2 starters

I'm speaking in generalities and relativities (I know thats a made up word).
When you hear a local radio host saying something like Stevie Johnson might not make the team. Take it with a huge grain of salt. Its just the host trying to drum up controversy to get people to call in.

This.

Kevin Lynch is also a 49er beat writer, not just a local radio host.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

This.

No need to get defensive, DonnieD. You're just the messager. Consider message recieved....
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Aug 25, 2014 at 3:40 PM ]
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

This.

No need to get defensive, DonnieD. Your just the messager. Consider message recieved....

lol

I think Kevin Lynch is dead wrong. Just trying to add some perspective that he is a beat writer, not an idiot like damon bruce or something.
Were hiding Kaps new toy until the regular season, but he won't get anywhere near as many snaps as VM because Harbaugh and Roman love weight on the field. I'm expecting a 400 yrd to 600 yd season unless he and Kap really click. Down the stretch of the season is where he'll really be needed, don't act like he won't be.
Originally posted by JsilvaNINERSRUNIT:
Were hiding Kaps new toy until the regular season, but he won't get anywhere near as many snaps as VM because Harbaugh and Roman love weight on the field. I'm expecting a 400 yrd to 600 yd season unless he and Kap really click. Down the stretch of the season is where he'll really be needed, don't act like he won't be.

I also think that Harbaugh is trying to hide his new toy
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000381621/article/stevie-johnson-trying-to-lock-down-no-3-receiver-role

In one pre-season game, they give Patton a chance to get some reps with the starters and now everyone thinks SJ is going to get cut? WTF? I don't get that logic at all. There could be any number of reasons why they wanted to try that out. Maybe SJ was late to a meeting or something minor like that. Lol. But to think that the Niners would cut him is just stupid. He's not just all of a sudden a crap player.

Exactly. People are overreacting to how we chose to rotate players in for a pre-season game. Maybe because it was the 3rd game (dress rehearsal) that people have jumped to extreme conclusions that this is the actual depth chart. I doubt it.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
In one pre-season game, they give Patton a chance to get some reps with the starters and now everyone thinks SJ is going to get cut? WTF? I don't get that logic at all. There could be any number of reasons why they wanted to try that out. Maybe SJ was late to a meeting or something minor like that. Lol. But to think that the Niners would cut him is just stupid. He's not just all of a sudden a crap player.

Exactly. People are overreacting to how we chose to rotate players in for a pre-season game. Maybe because it was the 3rd game (dress rehearsal) that people have jumped to extreme conclusions that this is the actual depth chart. I doubt it.

We know what we will get with Stevie. We were probably auditioning other guys. Stevie will be the #3 behind Boldin and Crabs and could potentially overtake Bolding at some point.
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
Originally posted by JsilvaNINERSRUNIT:

I also think that Harbaugh is trying to hide his wife's new toy

Why Stevie is Mrs harbaughs new toy is none of our business man
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

This.
the big issue to is that people hear this guessing and conjecture by the media so they take and run with it like it is actually going to happen,, same thing took place three days ago when some sports writer asked if the niners were interested in some joe joe the monkey boy back up qb.. since the hate for gabbert was so strong, people just took and ran with it and next thing you know, they had this guy in a niner uniform,,, it is really unreal some times
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by SofaKing:

We know what we will get with Stevie. We were probably auditioning other guys. Stevie will be the #3 behind Boldin and Crabs and could potentially overtake Bolding at some point.

Agree.
Share 49ersWebzone