LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 308 users in the forums

Stevie Johnson Thread (signed with SD)

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
LOL, Chiefs fans are irate too.

good, f**ke em. have fun with aj jenkins!
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
If Johnson's $275K workout bonus counts against the 49ers cap, his cap numbers are $3.925M(14), $6.025M(15), and $6.125M(16)

Which honestly isn't that bad with the cap looking to go much higher in the next few seasons.
Originally posted by susweel:
Michael Silver ‏@MikeSilver 36m
Reaction to Stevie Johnson trade to NFC West rival 49ers in Rams coaching offices, in a word: Ugghhh

Sounds about right. 49ers 3 WR set fitting to be lethal this season. Nobody they could have taken in the draft would be as ready to perform as Johnson who had 3 1,000 yards seasons in a row before last year.

I'd love to hear Pete Carroll's reaction, too.
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
If Johnson's $275K workout bonus counts against the 49ers cap, his cap numbers are $3.925M(14), $6.025M(15), and $6.125M(16)

Which honestly isn't that bad with the cap looking to go much higher in the next few seasons.

i think we'd have to restructure though. No way we can pay Crabtree, Aldon and Kap if he's making 6 million
Originally posted by susweel:
Michael Silver ‏@MikeSilver 36m
Reaction to Stevie Johnson trade to NFC West rival 49ers in Rams coaching offices, in a word: Ugghhh

• dmax
  • Veteran
wooooohoaaaaaa
  • dj43
Originally posted by Niners99:
You cant just be happy that we got a starting caliber WR for a 2015 4th round pick?

I swear, some people refuse to be happy with anything. Hes our 3rd WR, and he could be a 1 for some teams. We hardly gave up anything.

this

If he doesn't make the roster, whoever we might get for a 4th round pick would not likely make the roster either so there is little to lose here. After all, we still have 5 picks before we would even get to what we would be giving up for Johnson.
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by goldstandard333:
He is a good receiver but he's overrated not to mention he tends to have the drops when the game is on the line.

You cant just be happy that we got a starting caliber WR for a 2015 4th round pick?

I swear, some people refuse to be happy with anything. Hes our 3rd WR, and he could be a 1 for some teams. We hardly gave up anything.

Thank you!
Michael Silver ********@MikeSilver 36m Reaction to Stevie Johnson trade to NFC West rival 49ers in Rams coaching offices, in a word: Ugghhh

Rams gonna be investing in some more cornerback's now.
I think we just went spread on offense with this trade. LMJ needs to stop b*tch'n and get ready to be a part of the offense.

Originally posted by goldstandard333:
He is a good receiver but he's overrated not to mention he tends to have the drops when the game is on the line.

• Disp
  • Veteran
Holy crap what an awesome trade.
i never over analyze guys who come from losing programs. if you see the flashes of great play thats all i need to know. you cant say this guy cant come through in the clutch. he hasnt played in a meaningful game yet. playing on losing teams drags everyone down.
Wow, just left the funeral of a great old-time 49er (Dan Colchico) and heard on the radio that the 49ers got Stevie Johnson....and for a 4th rounder NEXT year (could be a 3rd)? I think that's a pretty d*** good move. Johnson was the guy I'd really hope they'd make a run at in FA in 2012, but then he re-signed with Buffalo.

He had a down year last season, but believe he was injured...still only like 27-28, still has a lot of good football left.
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Originally posted by juycho:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by juycho:
Insane receiving corps now. Crabtree, Boldin, Johnson, Patton and Lloyd.

I bet we draft Damarcus Lawrence with 56.

Yeah, I wonder if it changes us drafting a wr.
I think so. Who ever we draft would be pretty low on the depth chart. 2nd round is kind of high for a waterboy or bench warmer.

Lamichael James

I hated the LMJ pick. I wanted TY Hilton
Share 49ersWebzone