LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 211 users in the forums

Stevie Johnson Thread (signed with SD)

I used to love watching T.O. Stevie and Marshawn when they were together in Buffalo.....they had horrible QBs back then though.

I know Marshawn already talking s**t to Stevie...lol.
our offense is a monster now, kaep its up to you now buddy
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by juycho:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Insane receiving corps now. Crabtree, Boldin, Johnson, Patton and Lloyd.

I bet we draft Damarcus Lawrence with 56.

Yeah, I wonder if it changes us drafting a wr.
Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by 9moon:
Greatttttttttttttttttttttt trade!!

We only gave up a 4th rounder in 2015!!!!

And we pay him $8.5 WTF

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 14s Stevie Johnson's contract will remain the same with #49ers. #Bills just paid $1.75M in a roster bonus, so Niners owe him just $3.6M in '14

OK sweet, thats what I thought... lol @ $8.5m, when I saw that I knew it couldnt be true.
Sorry that is what I read. I like your #s way better.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by SoCal9er:
Good deal. Another weapon for the offense and now they don't need to draft a receiver on Day 2.

lol we have 5 picks on day 2. WR is still a great position of need in the future. We could take 2 WR today.

No way we our drafting 2 WR today. Boldin, Crabs, Stevie, and Patton are locks. There is only space for one WR, and that is considering the Lloyd, Baldwin, and Osgood are all cut.

Johnson's contract has 19.5 guaranteed, if I correct, he will have only around 6 million left in guaranteed money after the year, while having 2 yrs 12 million left on his contract.
Patton might not be seeing the field much next season
  • Luca
  • Veteran
Great move!!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Michael Silver ‏@MikeSilver 36m
Reaction to Stevie Johnson trade to NFC West rival 49ers in Rams coaching offices, in a word: Ugghhh
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by goldstandard333:
He is a good receiver but he's overrated not to mention he tends to have the drops when the game is on the line.

You cant just be happy that we got a starting caliber WR for a 2015 4th round pick?

I swear, some people refuse to be happy with anything. Hes our 3rd WR, and he could be a 1 for some teams. We hardly gave up anything.

Thank you!
Originally posted by mayo49:

I can see them drafting one, but no more than that.

For anyone complaining just look up how many WRs drafted in the 4th round or later end up being 1,000 yard receivers on a consistent basis, then come back and complain. Also, we don't have the best track record with wideouts, this guy is a proven commodity. In his last 3 full seasons he went over 1,000 yards each time, as the only real receiving target with bad QB play.
It ain't fair what Baalke is doing to these teams! 6th for Boldin now a cond 4th for Johnson lol
He is known for beating press coverage, great move.
[ Edited by Wisconsin49erfan on May 9, 2014 at 12:44 PM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Insane receiving corps now. Crabtree, Boldin, Johnson, Patton and Lloyd.

I bet we draft Damarcus Lawrence with 56.

I think so. Who ever we draft would be pretty low on the depth chart. 2nd round is kind of high for a waterboy or bench warmer.
Originally posted by crabman82:
i found it funny because the last time they played the bills he got 8 for 115 and a td. mock a guy who had a good game on you? lol

it was probably a dig at kap rather than stevie. probably said something like "thats great, unfortunately you don't have a QB"
Share 49ersWebzone