LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

Stevie Johnson Thread (signed with SD)

• dj43
Originally posted by matt49er:
I love this move! Hello deep threat, good bye need to trade up & draft a rookie, good bye worries at the WR position. At the same time, I think this looks like the Niners are preparing for life w/o Crabtree next year

That is the new reality of the cap league - you can't keep all your good players at the price the market will offer. Hence, you have to replace good or even excellent players with good young ones still on their rookie contract.

In this case, Crabtree is going to want something well north of Bowe numbers and he may get it but not from the 49ers. Hence Johnson who will be cheaper and perhaps close to Crabtree numbers based on his better years with Fitzpatrick.
Originally posted by crabman82:
mike freeman ‏@mikefreemanNFL 16m
Text I just got from Seahawks assistant coach mocking the Stevie Johnson trade is…priceless.

Hopefully word of this gets out
Drafted 2008
Originally posted by pete98146:
How old is he?
Insane receiving corps now. Crabtree, Boldin, Johnson, Patton and Lloyd.
we are suddenly stacked at WR and we will still draft one lol. i love this offseason so much. boldin, crabs, johnson, lloyd, patton, rookie. so much depth I love it
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I'm going to cream my pants.
Originally posted by theduke85:
How the hell can you NOT love Baalke? This guy is amazing.

You'll have to ask the "Elephant" in the room.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
mike freeman ‏@mikefreemanNFL 16m
Text I just got from Seahawks assistant coach mocking the Stevie Johnson trade is…priceless.

LOL at least our guy will play. I hope they enjoy paying Harvin $10 mil to play 2 games.

i found it funny because the last time they played the bills he got 8 for 115 and a td. mock a guy who had a good game on you? lol

lol that is comical
Originally posted by JBatta49erfansince81:
God must have made this trade.

If God made this trade Buffalo would also take the cap hit.
I think it's a great trade but Stevie has some questionable hands. Prepare for some annoying drops

Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
we are suddenly stacked at WR and we will still draft one lol. i love this offseason so much. boldin, crabs, johnson, lloyd, patton, rookie. so much depth I love it

Stevie Swagger!! I'm so excited for this move, plus he's coming home!
Originally posted by goldstandard333:
He is a good receiver but he's overrated not to mention he tends to have the drops when the game is on the line.

You cant just be happy that we got a starting caliber WR for a 2015 4th round pick?

I swear, some people refuse to be happy with anything. Hes our 3rd WR, and he could be a 1 for some teams. We hardly gave up anything.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Insane receiving corps now. Crabtree, Boldin, Johnson, Patton and Lloyd.

I bet we draft Damarcus Lawrence with 56.
Sweet
Share 49ersWebzone