LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 279 users in the forums

Stevie Johnson Thread (signed with SD)

Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Roman will put Stevie in as part of the jumbo package at the goal line. Other teams just can't scout that s**t

He'll be blocking for Frank Gore while Bruce Miller goes out wide.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Roman will put Stevie in as part of the jumbo package at the goal line. Other teams just can't scout that s**t

Ish ain't funny probably gonna happen
Originally posted by Allx9er:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Ish ain't funny probably gonna happen
Part of the "new" offense.
Stevie and Lloyd were brought in not only to contribute and add great depth but to serve as teachers to the young guys. Man with all the different styles of Wr we field we should be able to find ANY CBs kryptonite.
can't wait to see what he can do!
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

Lets just hope Roman can get Johnson and Lloyd involved.
I know Cohn basically makes a career out of being a negative ass...but he just posted an article talking about how Stevie is having a horrible camp. From what I have read it didnt seem that way...I mean I dont hear about how he is tearing it up, but I hadn't heard anything negative at all until now...anbody have some insight?
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
I know Cohn basically makes a career out of being a negative ass...but he just posted an article talking about how Stevie is having a horrible camp. From what I have read it didnt seem that way...I mean I dont hear about how he is tearing it up, but I hadn't heard anything negative at all until now...anbody have some insight?

Beat me to it. Yeah I just read that article to and was a bit concerned. If Johnson doesn't make that #3 WR, that would be a dissapointment. Everything that I've read to date and seen on Comcast Sportsnet that Johnson was doing well. Cohen states of 28 passes thrown, he's only caught 13 and dropped 4. But who's been throwing him those passes? Couldn't be all Kaep. If it was then I'd be really concerned but Cohen doesn't state that. Some info was missing from his article for me to believe all of it. He said Ward is also not doing well, but I've read otherwise at times.
[ Edited by Baldie on Aug 4, 2014 at 10:14 AM ]
Originally posted by Baldie:
Beat me to it. Yeah I just read that article to and was a bit concerned. If Johnson doesn't make that #3 WR, that would be a dissapointment. Everything that I've read to date and seen on Comcast Sportsnet that Johnson was doing well. Cohen states of 28 passes thrown, he's only caught 13 and dropped 4. But who's been throwing him those passes? Couldn't be all Kaep. If it was then I'd be really concerned but Cohen doesn't state that. Some info was missing from his article for me to believe all of it. He said Ward is also not doing well, but I've read otherwise at times.

The sooner that you accept that both Cohn's are merely professional trolls and clickbaiters, the better off you will be. I'm not passing any judgments based on third hand reporting of what happened at practice. The preseason games will pretty much speak for themselves in terms of where guys are at.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

ahh, the old"hope" theory when it comes to roman

Yes, take anything the Cohns report with a grain of salt. You'll have read all sorts of reports and out of nowhere, the Cohns will report something completely left and not consistently with anything previously reported. Everything I've read about Stevie at this point is that he's been solid but Cohn claims he's in danger of losing #3 to Patton.
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Yes, take anything the Cohns report with a grain of salt. You'll have read all sorts of reports and out of nowhere, the Cohns will report something completely left and not consistently with anything previously reported. Everything I've read about Stevie at this point is that he's been solid but Cohn claims he's in danger of losing #3 to Patton.

In a way, I hope that is true, but only due to Patton being outstanding and not because Johnson is struggling. I want to see both guys playing out of their minds and pushing each other.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Aug 4, 2014 at 10:33 AM ]
Originally posted by cciowa:

Dont worry the offense is really going to explode this time
I would also keep in mind that some people are just better when it comes to games than in practice. I think our star QB has shown that. He seems to struggle in practice, but when the lights are on he usually comes through (other than Seattle). I think Johnson will be fine and should get more work with Crabs out.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by cciowa:

Dont worry the offense is really going to explode this time
if you oppose obama it is because you are a racist. if you oppose roman it is because you want jimmy ray back.you must have missed the staff meeting
Share 49ersWebzone