There are 228 users in the forums

ILB, Chris Borland, Wisconsin

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This guy will blow up some returners on special team. We need help on ST especially now that Dixon is gone.
Bunch of racists up in hurr
so is his nickname gonna be T-Rex or what
Fangio knows linebackers. He had one long time ago in New Orleans. Sam Mills. The dude was 5'-9, 229 playing LB. If Borland has instinct and quick reaction, he can be a good one. Because Fangio has been there done that with shorter guys playing LB.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Fangio knows linebackers. He had one long time ago in New Orleans. Sam Mills. The dude was 5'-9, 229 playing LB. If Borland has instinct and quick reaction, he can be a good one. Because Fangio has been there done that with shorter guys playing LB.

Since I know there are a ton of new fans to the niners that were born more recently than others, lets remember Zack Thomas who this guy seems cloned after. Another 5'11 250 scrappy white guy who was too short, short arms, not fast, and all he did was become one of the best linebackers of that decade.
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
http://www.battleredblog.com/2014/2/17/5418546/carlos-hyde-vs-chris-borland-the-best-title-fight-that-nobody-talked

This is a great article.
Based on these clips it looks like Borland is so quick he's almost unblockable. He plays so low almost nobody can move him back.
This was really out of the box thinking by Baalke. At first I though WTF, but it seems like a really smart pick
Originally posted by 5280High:

Since I know there are a ton of new fans to the niners that were born more recently than others, lets remember Zack Thomas who this guy seems cloned after. Another 5'11 250 scrappy white guy who was too short, short arms, not fast, and all he did was become one of the best linebackers of that decade.

Zack Thomas was only 240, but the same height.

If Borland is a Zack Thomas clone, Bowman might not get his job back. That sounds insane, but really, IF Borland is a Zack Thomas clone, Bowman might not get his job back.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by 5280High:

If Borland is a Zack Thomas clone, Bowman might not get his job back. That sounds insane, but really, IF Borland is a Zack Thomas clone, Bowman might not get his job back.

Borland is Zach Thomas. Except a little bigger, stronger and heavier. It's a good problem to have. Bowman is hurt so we have a need.
Originally posted by BrianGO:

That's insane indeed! Bowman is All Pro...multiple times! If Bowman fully recovers...no when Bowman fully recovers...he is getting the job back. Bowman and Willis are the best MLB in this league bar none and they never have to come off the field! They can hold up in pass rush run game and pass game coverage. Borland will be however a great player for us playing behind Tomsulas DL and on Seelys ST. I am looking forward to the kid
[ Edited by Pillbusta on May 11, 2014 at 4:51 AM ]
Any chance he's being groomed to succeed Ahmad Brooks?

• DeUh
  • Veteran
This is the pick that surprised me though I have to say with a little more research I stand 100 percent behind this selection.

His Highlight Video.

And to ease everyones concern about his athleticism.

Navorro Bowman Height 6004 Weight 242
40 Yrd Dash 4.70
10 Yrd Dash 1.60
Bench 26
Vertical 29 1/2 Pro day 35 1/2
Broad 09´07" Pro day 09´09"
20 Yrd Shuttle 4.59 Pro day 4.20
3-Cone Drill 6.91 Pro day 6.70

Chris Borland Height 5114 Weight 248
40 Yrd Dash 4.78
10 Yrd Dash 1.65
Bench 27
Vertical 31 Pro day 35
Broad 09´06" Pro day 09´08"
20 Yrd Shuttle 4.27 Pro day 4.26
3-Cone Drill 7.18 Pro day 6.83

With his rare instincts, 49ers strength and conditioning programm and the chance to learn behind Willis and Bowman, Borland will be just fine.
this guy will steal the job from willhoite and moody. DO NOT COUNT THIS MAN OUT. he was a BEAST at wisconsin and a steal where we got him. he could be really special with this coaching staff behind him.
[ Edited by sf_nicoya on May 11, 2014 at 9:23 AM ]
  • Dapro
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ESWYoung08:
Any chance he's being groomed to succeed Ahmad Brooks?

No, he is ILB and not fast enough to be a OLB.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Really excited about this pick. We draft and train LBs better than anybody in the league and this guy has a chance to be special. I was worried about filling Bowman's gap b/c of how important he is to the D, but I think this guy has a good shot to do it.
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
I have high hopes for this guy, really high hopes. I think pound for pound he's immensely strong but he's also incredibly quick with a low centre of gravity. Just remember short guys often have real explosive strength due to shorter limbs/levers.

His football smarts are off the charts as well.
Share 49ersWebzone