LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

Marcus Martin C - 3rd Round

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by jeepzilla:
Really disappointed how the camp is going for this kid. He must be injured.
Does anyone know?

Yes he has been battling through injuries
Originally posted by Quest4six:
He's young (youngest on the roster, almost 21)I didn't expect him to start this year anyways.
Honestly I thought we were going to move him to guard, I feel like he plays better there anyways.

We still might depending on how Kilgore does, Boone, and if we lose Iupati
Bad pick I think. Chilo 2.0. Coulda and should done better. I feel like balke kinda blew this draft. The only pick I really liked was Hyde
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Bad pick I think. Chilo 2.0. Coulda and should done better. I feel like balke kinda blew this draft. The only pick I really liked was Hyde

You will be wrong this kid is special along with other picks probably the best draft baalke has had
Originally posted by Harbaalke:

You will be wrong this kid is special along with other picks probably the best draft baalke has had

Bawhahaha And here is the webzone in a nutshell lol.
[ Edited by natrone06 on Aug 13, 2014 at 10:27 PM ]
Originally posted by natrone06:

lol so true

The regular season hasn't even started yet and we've got this.

Yes. Before writing off a draft pick - let alone the whole lot - I like to see them playing. In a proper game. Baalke's draft record stands comparison, in my view. But the zone is quick to judge and slow to admit it was wrong.
[ Edited by English on Aug 14, 2014 at 2:38 AM ]

Oh, but it's even better than that.

The kid has practiced two days, and the analysis is already Chilo 2.0. Two DAYS of practice.
Takes a special player to come in and start as a rook. Usually only 1st round picks are expected to make an impact. I see some rushing to judgement on some of our rookies like Martin, Borland, Ward, etc. ,but it's way too early for all that. Remember we didn't have premium picks, we just had a lot of them. If one of these guys becomes a star than it's a win, if a few become starters than its a home run. I know the draft is key but we gotta coach these guys up too. Don' t expect that much yet.

Originally posted by niner4life21:

lol so true

yep so true, 1 week into the preseason and he's a bust. lol
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by niner4life21:

lol so true

yep so true, 1 week into the preseason and he's a bust. lol

What people don't seem to understand is it's very rare for an offensive lineman to be "Awesome" in their rookie season. Much like it's very rare an offensive lineman will be "Awesome" in college their Freshman and/or Sophomore year.

On a side note; I'm a USC guy so I'll tell you, I was ticked about the Chilo pick when it happened. Because I knew Chilo was garbage and was product of crummy D-line play. Martin is another bag of chips, but I don't expect him to start logging serious time until late next year or probably his third season. Kinda like Boone, kinda like a lot of O-lineman in the league.
[ Edited by Geeked on Aug 14, 2014 at 6:31 AM ]

Dude...

Crack is whack.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by Giedi:
*if* tank can adequately replace Justin, our defense will be very strong for a very long time.

We could use another widebody on the line. Our subs are good, but we could use beef too.

Heh I'm all for a 330 pound guy that can bench 225 LB 40 times and has the agility and speed of a DB! But to get genetic freaks like that, you have to have the number one, pick one in the draft. I just don't think our defense works well with a big strong wide bodies that can't move. Tomsula likes DE'S and DT'S that are more quick and active than big two-gapper strong fat guys.

If you notice, even our base D-line is a bit undersized.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jeepzilla:
Really disappointed how the camp is going for this kid. He must be injured.
Does anyone know?

He's young (youngest on the roster, almost 21)I didn't expect him to start this year anyways.
Honestly I thought we were going to move him to guard, I feel like he plays better there anyways.

If Kilgore can do well at center, I expect him to be at guard. As for O-Linemen starting in their first year. I think Blubber Paris and Harris Barton were able to start (I think) in their rookie seasons. what's held Marcus back from possibly starting is the various dings he's had in the offseason. By midseason I can see him starting at center if Kilgore doesn't do well.
Share 49ersWebzone