LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 199 users in the forums

Marcus Martin C - 3rd Round

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by jreff22:
he will be sitting behind Kilgore next year...and im fine with that

I'm not. Martin > Kilgore IMO, and it's not even close.
Originally posted by jreff22:
he will be sitting behind Kilgore next year...and im fine with that

PFF has Kilgore rated 12th and M Martin at 32nd...so I agree but still hope Martin passes Kilgore and Kilgore can move to RG for next year.
Hated this pick. We coulda had Gabe Jackson a beefy Guard from Miss St. Gabe is gonna be a good one for the Raiders meanwhile Martin looks like Chilo 2.0 Dang Balke has whiffed hard on the first couple rounds in 2012 13 14.
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Both of you don't know what the next off- and pre-season will bring us. Martin could make a huge leap, he could also stay where he is and right now he is certainly worse than Kilgore.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
I'm just a little worried about Martin's knees. He had knee injuries at USC. This is his second knee injury this year. Just something to keep an eye on in the future.
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Both of you don't know what the next off- and pre-season will bring us. Martin could make a huge leap, he could also stay where he is and right now he is certainly worse than Kilgore.

Agreed, year 1 to year 2 is almost always the biggest leap forward. Once Martin can get in great shape (stay healthy) and slim down, keep working on technique and leverage, etc. he could be dynamic going forward. No doubt. The experience he is getting this year in invaluable!
Ryan Sakamoto ‏@SakamotoRyan 7h7 hours ago

#49ers C Marcus Martin tells me he is "finally 100 percent" this year as he works both guard positions and center

Martin also said he was playing hurt all year last season. This year is a different story.

3:13 PM - 5 Jun 2015 · Details
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Ryan Sakamoto ‏@SakamotoRyan 7h7 hours ago

#49ers C Marcus Martin tells me he is "finally 100 percent" this year as he works both guard positions and center

Martin also said he was playing hurt all year last season. This year is a different story.

3:13 PM - 5 Jun 2015 · Details

Well that is some good news.
Martin seems to be one of the biggest wildcards. Through the roof potential -- and I thought with his upside he was the top C prospect last year -- and we really haven't seen what he can do yet with some stability and health. The year of experience should help too. Really excited to see what improvement he makes.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Martin seems to be one of the biggest wildcards. Through the roof potential -- and I thought with his upside he was the top C prospect last year -- and we really haven't seen what he can do yet with some stability and health. The year of experience should help too. Really excited to see what improvement he makes.

He was also one of the youngest players in the NFL last year.

Hopefully the line ends up Staley, Thomas, Kilgore, Martin, Boone. Also, hope that Brown is in good enough shape to take over next year at RT. Looney should compete for LG/RG as well. Pears I see as a 3rd T/emergency guard.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Jun 6, 2015 at 10:48 AM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Hopefully the line ends up Staley, Thomas, Kilgore, Martin, Boone. Also, hope that Brown is in good enough shape to take over next year at RT. Looney should compete for LG/RG as well. Pears I see as a 3rd T/emergency guard.

I think this year, if Brown is not starting, he will be used as the extra OL like we did with Kilgore initially to get him experience.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Martins talents are better served at guard; more opportunities to use his impressive, physical presence.
Kilgore and looney are more compact athletes, and will function better at center. Unlike these two, martin is the beer truck with the longer wheelbase, and he'll engulf defenders in ways looney can not.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Staley
Thomas
Looney/kilgore
Martin
Boone

...is a good o-line, and won't be a glaring weak link this season.
This offense has lots of young talent, and some old talent, but its up to kaep and chryst to pull it together.
Originally posted by xcfan:
Staley
Thomas
Looney/kilgore
Martin
Boone

...is a good o-line, and won't be a glaring weak link this season.
This offense has lots of young talent, and some old talent, but its up to kaep and chryst to pull it together.

Martin reminded me of iupati in his first season, then he jus exploded onto the scene in his second season. I am not ready to crown Boone as our starting RTjust yet, but I would be okay with that OL. Left side looks solid, just question marks on how the right side will hold up
Share 49ersWebzone