LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 300 users in the forums

Marcus Martin C - 3rd Round

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
Mayock: #1 center on my board - Big body... I think he can play guard fits what the 49ers do.. he's big powerful running downhill right up yo butt

lol i heard him say that
most likely our future LG
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

I doubt it, I think he's supposed to be our C. B. Thomas will end up taking the G spot.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

I doubt it, I think he's supposed to be our C. B. Thomas will end up taking the G spot.

Who knows?

If they keep playing at this level it may be Thomas-Kilgore-Martin on the interior line?
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Who knows?

If they keep playing at this level it may be Thomas-Kilgore-Martin on the interior line?

If Kap gets the protection that lineup potentially offers, the only thing that will keep him from being one of the elite players is accuracy. I don't even think Greg Roman could sabotage that offense.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Who knows?

If Kap gets the protection that lineup potentially offers, the only thing that will keep him from being one of the elite players is accuracy. I don't even think Greg Roman could sabotage that offense.

Staley/Thomas/Kilgore/Martin/Davis

I like this line a lot.

Some perspective -- our current line averages 315 lbs each!

Our o-line during our 1989 championship averaged 271 lbs per man!
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
C Marcus Martin played with the first-team offense on Monday. The rookie is slated to compete for the starting job in place of Daniel Kilgore, who is out for the season with a leg injury. Harbaugh said Martin looked impressive on the practice field.

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/Glenn-Dorsey-Returns-to-Practice-Marcus-Lattimore-Close-behind/d7fe1267-855d-4a2f-9fd6-a034deebcd9e?adbid=10152350910501875&adbpl=fb&adbpr=112852666874&campaign=social_20141028_34525857
Originally posted by DeUh:
C Marcus Martin played with the first-team offense on Monday. The rookie is slated to compete for the starting job in place of Daniel Kilgore, who is out for the season with a leg injury. Harbaugh said Martin looked impressive on the practice field.

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/Glenn-Dorsey-Returns-to-Practice-Marcus-Lattimore-Close-behind/d7fe1267-855d-4a2f-9fd6-a034deebcd9e?adbid=10152350910501875&adbpl=fb&adbpr=112852666874&campaign=social_20141028_34525857

Good to hear.. I think martin brings an extra nastiness and power that kilgore lacked. Excited to see what he can do on Sunday
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Agree, this kid I thought was actually tougher (in USC) than Khalil..
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niner_Faithful_MTL:
Originally posted by DeUh:

Good to hear.. I think martin brings an extra nastiness and power that kilgore lacked. Excited to see what he can do on Sunday

I'm looking forward to our run game dominating again.

Compete for center....with who?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I don't think Kilgore gets his job back after this kid plays a couple of games.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Oct 29, 2014 at 3:35 AM ]
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Staley/Thomas/Kilgore/Martin/Davis

I like this line a lot.

Some perspective -- our current line averages 315 lbs each!

Our o-line during our 1989 championship averaged 271 lbs per man!

jim otto weighed 220.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niner_Faithful_MTL:

you're right about that...
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Compete for center....with who?

the long snapper
Share 49ersWebzone