LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 236 users in the forums

Marcus Martin C - 3rd Round

Shop 49ers game tickets
Glad there was no tears or ligament damage, it just sucks because he was finally healthy and really beginning to show some good stuff and i was hoping he could supplant Kilgore.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Glad there was no tears or ligament damage, it just sucks because he was finally healthy and really beginning to show some good stuff and i was hoping he could supplant Kilgore.

This!
Guys, we're 2 weeks away from week one, basically he'll be out the first 6 weeks of the season, not 8.
The dude is probably going to be a fast healer too. He's only 20 years old
Originally posted by est1985:
Guys, we're 2 weeks away from week one, basically he'll be out the first 6 weeks of the season, not 8.

but i think if he's placed on pup or ir, he has to miss 8 games? not sure how it works
Dodged a bullet, we were literally all holding our breath after what we saw on TV.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Aug 25, 2014 at 7:46 PM ]
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by est1985:

but i think if he's placed on pup or ir, he has to miss 8 games? not sure how it works

There's no Pup list eligibility for Martin. Options are IR, IR with designation to return 8 weeks from date place on short-term IR, or keep him on the active roster.
Originally posted by DeUh:
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by 9ertillidie:
Martin can be placed on the PUP list, we have a bye week 9 so he can come back week 7 if needed

Can't be on the PUP list or NFI, because he took part in TC practices.

but he began training camp on the injury list didnt he with an ankle injury? i think if you begin traning camp on the injury list then you're eligible for pup even if you return during training camp.

No.

If a player starts TC on the Active PUP/NFI he becomes eligible for the Reserve PUP/NFI at the end of TC but once he practices during training camp all PUP/NFI list options are off the table.

Here are the rules again: http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/178994-pup-list-nfi-injured-reserve-definition-rules/#post1

lame. thanks for the clarification though
‏@MaioccoCSN Doctors told 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh that rookie C Martin Martin's knee injury will keep him out for six weeks.

https://twitter.com/MaioccoCSN/status/505863147777822720
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
‏@MaioccoCSN Doctors told 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh that rookie C Martin Martin's knee injury will keep him out for six weeks.

https://twitter.com/MaioccoCSN/status/505863147777822720

Only 6 weeks? Good s**t. We could see him back on the practice field by early-mid October. I feel a lot better about leaving him on the 53 now.

great news
No sweat. They'll just name him as inactive every week until he's healthy.
Martin had his first practice today! He looked good in his last preseason game
Originally posted by jordanroberts88:

Alright! He graded out high for me in pre season! He just adds a more dynamic skillset.
Originally posted by jordanroberts88:

OH holy mother of goodness. Thank you.
Share 49ersWebzone