LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 374 users in the forums

Marcus Martin C - 3rd Round

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by FaTaL:
a big year for martin, hopefully hes stronger this year

We can hope...but he sure hasn't done much to convert skeptics!
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by 49erThrowback:
IMHO, Goodwin, even at the tail end of his career, was better than Kilgore has ever been.

lol no. Kilgore in 2014 was playing at a higher level than Goodwin had played the previous year, not even close. Goodwin started regressing late in 2012 and picked up speed in 2013.

Kilgore may not have been a Top 5 center but he was certainly playing like one of the better ones prior to his injury.

This
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by FaTaL:
a big year for martin, hopefully hes stronger this year

We can hope...but he sure hasn't done much to convert skeptics!

I'm definitely one of the skeptics.
I had high hopes for Martin and Thomas. It would be great if one of them had a breakout year
Originally posted by jordanroberts88:
I had high hopes for Martin and Thomas. It would be great if one of them had a breakout year

Yeah same here..thought they were quality picks at where they were drafted. Martin has age on his side but man he was revolving door at center. Thomas is just a unknown
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jul 27, 2016 at 6:55 AM ]
Originally posted by jordanroberts88:

For real...big mysteries there!
I know many still have hopes for Martin. But there are so many guys out there that could be our OG or OC, why should we keep trying to make Martin a starter. He isn't. Why keep beating the drum for a guy who hasn't cut it? My vote would be move on, give someone else a chance. Martin had plenty of opportunity last yr, and here's the quesiton....Did he EVER look like he was getting better? Not that I saw. Not that I saw. Adios
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
I know many still have hopes for Martin. But there are so many guys out there that could be our OG or OC, why should we keep trying to make Martin a starter. He isn't. Why keep beating the drum for a guy who hasn't cut it? My vote would be move on, give someone else a chance. Martin had plenty of opportunity last yr, and here's the quesiton....Did he EVER look like he was getting better? Not that I saw. Not that I saw. Adios

Agree

You can't ride a dead horse

AND "IF" the horse is dead - get off and get a new one!
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Fair and good article on Martin

http://www.ninersnation.com/2016/7/3/12089396/49ers-marcus-martin-offensive-line-preview-roster-90-in-90

Basically all he has working for him is youth and supposed upside. The on-field performance has been a disaster.

I personally don't expect anything from him going forward. If he improves, great, but I'm already looking forward to his replacement on the roster.

If he doesn't improve he should be cut or traded

His production has been horrible
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Fair and good article on Martin

http://www.ninersnation.com/2016/7/3/12089396/49ers-marcus-martin-offensive-line-preview-roster-90-in-90

Basically all he has working for him is youth and supposed upside. The on-field performance has been a disaster.

I personally don't expect anything from him going forward. If he improves, great, but I'm already looking forward to his replacement on the roster.

Agree

If there isn't any improvement
IDK, I still have a couple tapes of Martin pancaking...ie pancaking our QB. More then once he got bullrushed and blasted right back into our QB . Maybe that happens in the pros occasionally, but Martin ....that happened several times.....and that just can't happen to your starting OL.
IDK, I still have a couple tapes of Martin pancaking...ie pancaking our QB. More then once he got bullrushed and blasted right back into our QB . Maybe that happens in the pros occasionally, but Martin ....that happened several times.....and that just can't happen to your starting OL.

Good call.

If he's our best back-up C then we're in deep doo-doo if Kilgore goes down again.

Good call.

If he's our best back-up C then we're in deep doo-doo if Kilgore goes down again.

Yea they need to work Thomas at back up center. We can't let Martin back on the field by any means necessary
Share 49ersWebzone