LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

Marcus Martin C - 3rd Round

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Red80:
Do some people even realize how many eventual immortal players in the league now struggled 1 even 2 whole seasons before finding their niche? Can't give this guy more than a few practices...GMB

seriously...and it take linemen a while to settle in as well. Decent Linemen start playing really well until the second half of their career
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:
Doesn't look like MMartin is pushing Kilgore very hard thus far. I thought they'd be neck and neck the whole way, but I probably should have known better.

Hopefully we see more in the next three games. I'm not too worried yet. If he's still not doing well In TC next year - then I'll get worried.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
What? We needed IMPACT Players with all those boatload of picks the 49ers had. Balke drafts a safety in Ward who's too small to be a safety unless he does PEDs in the future, Hyde was a great pick imo, Borland shoulda been had lower and Marcus Martin??

Ward is going to the Nickel corner/safety spot so his size is within range of that position. Now if he is moved to *strong* safety, you have a point.
  • thl408
Originally posted by Giedi:
Doesn't look like MMartin is pushing Kilgore very hard thus far. I thought they'd be neck and neck the whole way, but I probably should have known better.

Hopefully we see more in the next three games. I'm not too worried yet. If he's still not doing well In TC next year - then I'll get worried.

Yeah, still lots of preseason left to go. I was hoping MM would be able to contend for the starting C spot as a rookie. So far, he is not putting the pressure on Kilgore that I thought he would. Being injured doesn't help.

Yeah, still lots of preseason left to go. I was hoping MM would be able to contend for the starting C spot as a rookie. So far, he is not putting the pressure on Kilgore that I thought he would. Being injured doesn't help.

That ankle injury must be bad. This is scary b/c Kilgore has been getting tossed around like a rag doll from the Ravens game to current practices. Not good at all.
Am I the only one who is aware that Marcus Martin has been injured in training camp?

In what mythical reality is Martin "doing poorly?" He has barely stepped on the field!
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Am I the only one who is aware that Marcus Martin has been injured in training camp?

In what mythical reality is Martin "doing poorly?" He has barely stepped on the field!

The Vortex of the Webzone, where opinions are facts, reports come from unnamed sources, and is ruled over by the Florios an Cohns of the world.
Originally posted by NCommand:

That ankle injury must be bad. This is scary b/c Kilgore has been getting tossed around like a rag doll from the Ravens game to current practices. Not good at all.

I have not seen any reports of Kilgore playing poorly. Any links to share so I can be in the know?
Originally posted by WINiner:
I have not seen any reports of Kilgore playing poorly. Any links to share so I can be in the know?

Check out DeUh's link getting pwned by the injured Ian Williams but more importantly, watch him (and only him) very closely; every snap against the Ravens. He and Iupati blew a block and CK got killed. The rest of the game he was getting pushed back in the pocket a ton (sometimes 5-7 yards) and in short yardage. Granted, we won't be playing Ngata and Williams every game but clearly, he needs to utilize his strength (if he has it). Right now, he's perfect on snapping and his assignments seems to be sound (IQ), so that's good...the lack of strength and push and leverage "could" just be a matter of overthinking/concentration. He has a nice swim move to get to the second level and he should be very good out in space esp. on middle screens. But the strength issue is pretty significant for our type of running style/formations.
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 15, 2014 at 7:52 AM ]
  • DeUh
  • Veteran

Check out DeUh's link getting pwned by the injured Ian Williams but more importantly, watch him (and only him) very closely; every snap against the Ravens. He and Iupati blew a block and CK got killed. The rest of the game he was getting pushed back in the pocket a ton (sometimes 5-7 yards) and in short yardage. Granted, we don't be playing Ngata and Williams every game but clearly, he needs to utilize his strength (if he has it). Right now, he's perfect on snapping and his assignments seems to be sound (IQ). So that's good...the lack of strength and push and leverage "could" just be a matter of overthinking/concentration. He has a nice swim move to get to the second level and he should be very good out in space esp. on middle screens. But the strength issue is pretty significant for our type of running style/formations.

Just to clarify

According to reports Ian Williams had no problem with Marcus Martin not Daniel Kilgore. Tony Jerod-Eddie was the one who put a move on Kilgore.

To my understanding Ian Williams played "only" with the 2nd string unit.

P.S. I 100 percent agree with NCommand´s take on Kilgore vs the Ravens.
[ Edited by DeUh on Aug 15, 2014 at 8:01 AM ]

• DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrianGO:

This.

Marcus Martin is one of the most talented C coming out of college in the last couple of years though he is also raw (only 1 year experience as a C). He was one of our best picks. Smart, tough, powerful and plays with a mean streak. Rather sooner than later we will have a VERY good C snapping the ball to Kap.

Just a matter of time.
[ Edited by DeUh on Aug 15, 2014 at 8:43 AM ]
All this bust talk is giving me Chilo Rachal flashbacks.
Originally posted by ESWYoung08:
All this bust talk is giving me Chilo Rachal flashbacks.

Bust?? I mean come on he injured and is very young (only 1 year at center) all this bust talk is just ridiculous, can we at least see him play in a game before that word gets thrown out there? lol
Originally posted by DeUh:

Check out DeUh's link getting pwned by the injured Ian Williams but more importantly, watch him (and only him) very closely; every snap against the Ravens. He and Iupati blew a block and CK got killed. The rest of the game he was getting pushed back in the pocket a ton (sometimes 5-7 yards) and in short yardage. Granted, we don't be playing Ngata and Williams every game but clearly, he needs to utilize his strength (if he has it). Right now, he's perfect on snapping and his assignments seems to be sound (IQ). So that's good...the lack of strength and push and leverage "could" just be a matter of overthinking/concentration. He has a nice swim move to get to the second level and he should be very good out in space esp. on middle screens. But the strength issue is pretty significant for our type of running style/formations.

Just to clarify

According to reports Ian Williams had no problem with Marcus Martin not Daniel Kilgore. Tony Jerod-Eddie was the one who put a move on Kilgore.

To my understanding Ian Williams played "only" with the 2nd string unit.

P.S. I 100 percent agree with NCommand´s take on Kilgore vs the Ravens.

Damnit, I was right about the C...wrong one though! I should qualify "IIRC" every time from now on so I have an "out." LOL. Thanks for the clarification, my man.
  • Red80
  • Veteran
Guy takes 10 snaps and he already is a bust! LMAO!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone