Shop 49ers game tickets
Round 3
16h Selection (70th overall)
Name: Marcus Martin
Position: Center
School: USC

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Will be our new starting center. Love the pick.
Loved this pick... was at Chili's and made an audible 'Hell Ya' in front of an old couple! (p.s. sorry to that old couple, they seemed nice )
Originally posted by mayo49:

Im with u brother, day 1 starter and great value in the 3rd for the top Center!!!!
We don't have a C, and if we did he was way past his prime. We had to have a C, and if so, might as well have come from the OL factory USC. Great pick.
Dudes like a brick wall very very good pick.
i always forget Goodwin is gone
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
We don't have a C, and if we did he was way past his prime. We had to have a C, and if so, might as well have come from the OL factory USC. Great pick.

yeah chilo was a USC juggernaut
You guys forgetting about Kilgore?
Originally posted by jreff22:

Gotta create competition and like Kilgore, martin also plays guard.
[ Edited by LoneWolf on May 9, 2014 at 9:39 PM ]

My favorite pick so far. A much needed position seeing how Kilgore is a complete unknown. A guy with far more potential. I see this guy being a top 5 center in the future.
Best center in the draft, nice pick up. We got some damn good value for our picks this year. At least with Ward, Hyde, and Martin.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:

I get that but saying he's the "starter" is a little absurd. Anybody trust a rookie to make the line calls for Kap, in a season when we expect the Super Bowl? He needs a year before we can let him run the line.
Originally posted by mayo49:

I would love to see that happen, I just don't think it will. I'm not really big on Kilgore. But rookies don't get a lot of playing time on our O-line. And Harbaugh has shown he prefers a veteran at the Center position. I hope Martin comes in playing so well he has to change his mind!
Originally posted by LoneWolf:

I get that but saying he's the "starter" is a little absurd. Anybody trust a rookie to make the line calls for Kap, in a season when we expect the Super Bowl? He needs a year before we can let him run the line.

We had a rookie long snapper last year and that faired for us pretty well, but its going to come down to the best player at center in camp. And really we dont know what we have with either at center.
Share 49ersWebzone