There are 239 users in the forums

RB Carlos Hyde Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
This is really interest. Here's a guy who could legitimately come in and be the number 1 back from day one. I don't know how they are going to use all of these guys, but I like the pick. My only concern is where this leaves guys like Hunter. I like Kendall Hunter a lot, but if Marcus Lattimore comes back close to form, its Hyde and Lattimore as 1a and 1b. Kendall Hunter is good enough to start on a few teams, so I think he bounces this offseason. But back to Hyde, great pick. I just hope that all of our backs get a chance to show what they can do.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
LMJ will be traded before preseason. Frank Gore will split time with Lattimore and Hunter. Hyde will play Boobie Dixon's role. Gore retires after this season, and Lattimore/Hyde take over in 2015 with Hunter as the change of pace back.
Simply a great pick!
Originally posted by SaksV:
LMJ will be traded before preseason. Frank Gore will split time with Lattimore and Hunter. Hyde will play Boobie Dixon's role. Gore retires after this season, and Lattimore/Hyde take over in 2015 with Hunter as the change of pace back.

No way in hell Gore retires this season. He will leave and join a team for around 2 years then likely call it quits. He still has some in the tank.
So Frank Gore like
Originally posted by Rikimaru03:
No way in hell Gore retires this season. He will leave and join a team for around 2 years then likely call it quits. He still has some in the tank.

I would never want to see Gore in another uniform
  • Liono
I was taken aback when I heard this pick, simply because I didn't expect us to draft a running back so high. But we need to find a replacement for Gore, and Hunter has really not been that productive since coming back from his injury. Hopefully this guy becomes like a Marshawn Lynch,
  • Liono
Why do you guys think LMJ will be traded? He's our return man, and he did a heck of a good job. He did muff a few but didn't lose them, and I expect he'll get even better in that role. A return man touches the ball more times than the typical #2 runningback.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rikimaru03:

Which team is going to sign a 33 year old RB to be their starter? Gore won't play backup. The day he is asked to be a backup is the day he hangs em up....that day may be March 1st 2015...
Selecting the best RB in a draft in the 2nd round instantly puts carries in his workload. Unfortunately this to me confirms my suspicions that Hunter has not responded the way the team hoped coming back from the achilles injury and is likely both he and LMJ are not 49ers in 2015, if not 2014. I am not a fan of LMJ, but like Hunter a lot and will be sad to see him go.

• SaksV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Liono:
Why do you guys think LMJ will be traded? He's our return man, and he did a heck of a good job. He did muff a few but didn't lose them, and I expect he'll get even better in that role. A return man touches the ball more times than the typical #2 runningback.

I think he will be traded for a number of reasons:

1) He hasn't been able to consistently make the active game-day roster on a weekly basis
2) Other than his average kick return ability, he offers nothing on Special Teams
3) He has been known to complain and act like a suck if he doesn't get playing time
4) He hasn't found a role on this Offense and it doesn't appear that he will
5) He still has some trade value due to his age, speed, and the fact he hasn't been banged up too much....some desparate team out there might offer a 4th/5th rounder for him
6) With the addition of Carlos Hyde and Marcus Lattimore, there's literally no room for him...he's not much better than Jewel Hampton!
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WINiner:
Selecting the best RB in a draft in the 2nd round instantly puts carries in his workload. Unfortunately this to me confirms my suspicions that Hunter has not responded the way the team hoped coming back from the achilles injury and is likely both he and LMJ are not 49ers in 2015, if not 2014. I am not a fan of LMJ, but like Hunter a lot and will be sad to see him go.
I don't think the team is ready to let go of Kendall Hunter just yet. He offers a bit more quickness/speed than Lattimore/Hyde so I could very well see them hang on to him as the 3rd RB/Change of Pace type.

We currently average 32 runs per game...at some point in time I expect Hyde/Lattimore/Hunter to split carries with Hyde getting 13-15 carries, Lattimore 10-12 and Hunter somewhere around 6-10. This obviously doesn't include designed passes/screens/dump-offs. I wouldn't worry too much about Hunter's security on this team.
Don't forget he also has a bit of Special Teams ability as well....
I think LMJ will be gone before season starts because in the several yrs he has been here, JH just didn't want to use him in a Sproles like situation, and he is NOT a NFL runner between the tackles. Also, the main reason he is gone? Both TRent and JH have said they have no intention of trading him. That is the decider for sure.
Originally posted by WINiner:

I thought Hunter looked the same last year. Didn't get a ton of carries, but still looked to have that quick, powerful burst.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
I think LMJ will be gone before season starts because in the several yrs he has been here, JH just didn't want to use him in a Sproles like situation, and he is NOT a NFL runner between the tackles. Also, the main reason he is gone? Both TRent and JH have said they have no intention of trading him. That is the decider for sure.

Well if we're gonna trade him today is the day to do it.
Share 49ersWebzone