There are 180 users in the forums

RB Carlos Hyde Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
Anybody else impressed by hydes knowledge of the game?

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9381/carlos-hyde

cliffs:

"They brought the safeties down, played a zero look a lot," Hyde said. "They brought extra defenders in the box. It's hard to run against eight or nine guys in the box."

Sucks to see him struggle running into loaded boxes every week. :(

Torrey Smith said the same thing

Yup. He said if you can't pass in 2015 you're in trouble.

cya kap
Anyone have a link or gif of Hyde stiffarming raji last week? That was awesome.
BOOMSHAKALACKA!
  • Stud
We're all pissed off due to the loss, but Hyde really stepped up in the end, even after he hurt his leg. 91 rushing yards, 30 after his injury and the go ahead TD.
I hope we don't waste years of this guy's career.
He like Barlow dancing around too much
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

Definitely, but he has ability to justify it for now. We've been spoiled by years of Gore getting straight upfield asap.
hyde didnt practice due to foot injury
Originally posted by znk916:

Definitely, but he has ability to justify it for now. We've been spoiled by years of Gore getting straight upfield asap.

I think he does dance around a bit. But that is also because he is getting hit in the backfield every other play.

Agree

I also feel Hyde will improve.

He has to dance around. He has three guys in his face every snap before kap even hands him the ball.

Trust me, its not Hydes style. Nothing you can do but dance when guys are behind the line of scrimmage grabbing you before you can even make a cut to find a lane.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

He has to dance around. He has three guys in his face every snap before kap even hands him the ball.

Trust me, its not Hydes style. Nothing you can do but dance when guys are behind the line of scrimmage grabbing you before you can even make a cut to find a lane.

Yeah, he cant run through d tackles or linebackers running down every play when he hasnt even began running.
Originally posted by philosoraptor:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

Yeah, he cant run through d tackles or linebackers running down every play when he hasnt even began running.

From what i have seen nearly every tackle behind the line of scrimmage, and every cut back hes made have been due to defenders being in his face before he can even make his first latteral break on outside runs.

Hyde is very good at diagnosing a lane and making a quick cut up field to exploit it. Thats his style of running. He isaint trying to make cuts in the backfield for the sake of it.
His critics saying he dances too much, he runs too hard, which is it? lmao
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
His critics saying he dances too much, he runs too hard, which is it? lmao

Its neither. Teams simply don't respect our passing game and load the box as bad as they did with Frank early in his career. While Frank didn't have the best of Olines in front of him early in his career, they were actually quite competent in run protection. It was pass protection that was the issue with those lines in front of Frank.
Share 49ersWebzone