LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 266 users in the forums

RB Carlos Hyde Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by NCommand:
I'll be honest. I'm not sold on Hyde. That doesn't mean he can't do it, it just means I haven't seen enough to be confident he can replace Gore's production. I think his patience and vision is still suspect in the NFL, until proven otherwise.

Yeah, his patience was what he first had to work on behind Gore...as a result, he learned and put up a nice 5.7 yard average. That would come down as a starter but it does give you some insight into his production. Replacing Gore's production will not be difficult at all. His heart and winning will and leadership? Yeah...certainly. But Hyde's ready plus we'll be moving to a zone blocking scheme and he and Hunter should tear it up in that system.

From your lips to God's ears. I hope you're right.

Actually God told me...through Patrick Willis.
I was stunned at the time, but it just makes that pick look better and better, PLUS he has experience PLUS a gaudy Yds/carry. Leadership....wow, that will be really hard to replace.
  • REB4
He looked great at Ohio State, but so did his replacement this year. Hyde did it all at Ohio State: run for power, off tackle, draws, pass blocked, run blocked, caught some passes. I just hope he's not just a system guy because if you see some of the tape, he's not getting touched till about 3 yards down the field sometimes. The other concern is that because of his size, DBs tend to go for his legs alot. Combine that with his high running style, i hope its not a devastating knee injury ready to happen. Hope he carries the torch well.
How does Carlos Hydes talent compare to Melvin Gordan and Todd Gurly coming out of college? Anyone, please.
How does Carlos Hydes talent compare to Melvin Gordan and Todd Gurly coming out of college? Anyone, please.

Good question…anybody?

Better lol
Seeing that photo makes me miss Gore all over again
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:

Good question…anybody?

Matt Miller said he would have ranked Hyde right behind those two
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:

Better lol

That's why I love the zone; late breaking in depth analysis.
That's why I love the zone; late breaking in depth analysis.

I've been thinking about applying for an insider job lol.

• thl408
Hyde's longest run of the season(+28):

Originally posted by thl408:
Hyde's longest run of the season(+28):

Man he runs hard, I love that he lost a couple LBs too. Where do you think he would have ranked in this years RB class?
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Great run by Hyde on this play... but watching the SEC for most of the year, I think that our new found GEM (in Davis) would had run and initiate some contact against Chancellor..

So don't be surprise if Mike Davis ends up being as good as Hyde..
Originally posted by 9moon:
Great run by Hyde on this play... but watching the SEC for most of the year, I think that our new found GEM (in Davis) would had run and initiate some contact against Chancellor..

So don't be surprise if Mike Davis ends up being as good as Hyde..

I like Davis he was much much better in 2013, he needs to try and stay healthy and needs to work on conditioning...solid backup, Hyde is a workhorse...here's some contact for ya...

Hyde has 3 inches and 15 lbs on him...everyone always falls in love with the unknown (draft players) I love the group of RBs that Baalke has brought in, should make for a good training camp.
  • thl408
His most impressive run of the season (imo):

Share 49ersWebzone