There are 252 users in the forums

RB Carlos Hyde Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Regardless of who the next coach is, I hope they or their OC bring in a zone blocking scheme because that is where I think Hyde can really excel. He thrived in that sort of scheme in college and the book on him coming out of college was that he was a perfect fit for it at the NFL level. A one cut guy who can hit the hole and take off.

Seattle has that sort of blocking scheme and Lynch has thrived in it these past few years. Not every guy can handle that, the Raiders had a good man blocking scheme under Hue Jackson that McFadden thrived in, Allen changed it up when he came over from the Broncos and McFadden didn't do very well in that system but I think that Hyde is perfectly suited for it.

but would Gore also thrive in it? Feels like he'll be back for one more year…BUT more importantly, is that type of blocking scheme suited for our o line?
[ Edited by Mertonschickendance on Dec 26, 2014 at 11:14 AM ]
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
but would Gore also thrive in it? Feels like he'll be back for one more year…BUT more importantly, is that type of blocking scheme suited for our o line?

Most of the guys have experience in that sort of scheme. Iupati is really the only odd guy left out.
  • bors
  • Veteran
Gore just needs a tiny hole to hit daylight. He will be coming in as our third down back.think he would do just fine hitting zone holes
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:

Most of the guys have experience in that sort of scheme. Iupati is really the only odd guy left out.

And he is probably out.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
And he is probably out.

This. Anthony Davis, Joe Looney, Marcus Martin, Alex Boone all played in a zone blocking scheme in college. Coming out of the draft, it was thought that Brandon Thomas would be best suited for such a scheme in the NFL as well even though he was in a man blocking scheme at Clemson.
I guess he's the man now. I trust he can carry the rock n do a solid job, but were i am concerned is his blocking ability if he cannot pick up blitzes then expect a lot of rotation with him n Hunter and whatever other back they decide to bring in.

I hope he can develop as a all around back our system expects our backs to do so.
Okay Hyde we're counting on you. Hopefully we get another back to help carry the load. Gordon would be awfully tempting at 15 but I hope we get Duke Johnson in the 3rd.
im fine with this. the only reason he didn't have more yards last season is because he wasnt used more
I have no faith at all in him being an every down back. This could be a long year.
I have every faith in him being a 3-down back, especially since we are switching to a more ZBS

Dude gets shot out of a cannon on carries... this isn't great for running plays where you have to wait for blocks to set up. But in a ZBS he's gonna dominate

• Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erLegend:
Is Hyde ready to be No 1 top dog next year?

Only one way to find out. But I think so.
I think he is ready.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I have no faith at all in him being an every down back. This could be a long year.

lol what? He looked pretty damn good in limited action last year, and was the clear cut #1 RB in last year's draft. It's not presumptious to expect a 1,000 yard season from him. And he can do it all... run between the tackles, run off tackle, catch it out of the backfield, make people miss, and plow through them.

Now, will he block as good as Frank did? Probably not, but time will tell.
From his early days at tOSU

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Why?
Share 49ersWebzone