LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 301 users in the forums

RB Carlos Hyde Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
49ers worked out Trindon Holiday & David Fluellen:

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/49ers-work-out-speedy-return-man?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

I can't believe Trindon Holiday isn't on an NFL roster, and the 49ers are using Carlos Hyde as a return man. Are they that short on roster spots?

seriously
Anyone with a background in returning will do.

Hyde thinks kick return is a goal line smash play. He's going to get himself killed.

And Cox looks like a third string AAA ball club outfielder when returning punts.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Nov 25, 2014 at 9:32 PM ]
Can Carlos be king and run through the seachickens big bad D line?
Or will he be smashed.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
49ers worked out Trindon Holiday & David Fluellen:

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/49ers-work-out-speedy-return-man?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

I can't believe Trindon Holiday isn't on an NFL roster, and the 49ers are using Carlos Hyde as a return man. Are they that short on roster spots?

seriously

Holiday has plenty of wiggle. But he fumbles. A lot. That's why he's not on a roster. He's been a net liability.
clearly he was better against the seahawks than gore but let's just not use him really
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
NFL Elusive Rating (At Least 70+ Rush Attempts)

1. Jonathan Stewart CAR
2. CJ Anderson DEN
3. Ahmad Bradshaw IND
4. Marshawn Lynch SEA
5. Chris Ivory NYJ
6. Eddie Lacy GB
7. Le´Veon Bell PIT

--------------------------------------------

8. Carlos Hyde 49ers

---------------------------------------------

9. DeMarco Murray DAL

Elusive Rating boils down a runners success beyond the point of being helped by his blockers.
Originally posted by DeUh:

1. Jonathan Stewart CAR
2. CJ Anderson DEN
3. Ahmad Bradshaw IND
4. Marshawn Lynch SEA
5. Chris Ivory NYJ
6. Eddie Lacy GB
7. Le´Veon Bell PIT

8. Carlos Hyde 49ers

9. DeMarco Murray DAL

Elusive Rating boils down a runners success beyond the point of being helped by his blockers.

Very interesting. I'm still waiting to see what Hyde can do with 10-15 carries over a few games. It's a travesty that this has not happened yet.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

1. Jonathan Stewart CAR
2. CJ Anderson DEN
3. Ahmad Bradshaw IND
4. Marshawn Lynch SEA
5. Chris Ivory NYJ
6. Eddie Lacy GB
7. Le´Veon Bell PIT

8. Carlos Hyde 49ers

9. DeMarco Murray DAL

Very interesting. I'm still waiting to see what Hyde can do with 10-15 carries over a few games. It's a travesty that this has not happened yet.

Agree. Want to see what the kid can do with more carries out on the field
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

1. Jonathan Stewart CAR
2. CJ Anderson DEN
3. Ahmad Bradshaw IND
4. Marshawn Lynch SEA
5. Chris Ivory NYJ
6. Eddie Lacy GB
7. Le´Veon Bell PIT

8. Carlos Hyde 49ers

9. DeMarco Murray DAL

Agree. Want to see what the kid can do with more carries out on the field
I am not turning this into a bash Roman thread, but this is a legit criticism. We are 75% through the season and we don't know for sure if Hyde can be the guy. So far, he has 75 carries, which is not nearly enough for a guy that is backing up a 31-year old running back. At this pace, he won't even get as many carries as Kendall Hunter had in 2011 (his rookie season). We have guys that are just not used.

Would like to see Hyde drop a few pounds like Le'Veon Bell did for the Steelers this past off-season. It would help his conditioning & give him a tad more speed too. Would like to see Hyde featured more these last few games of the season also
Hyde is so much better than Gore right now it's ridiculous. I love Gore but Hyde needs to be a featured player and Gore a complimentary player in this offense.

But hell, the seasons over and these coaches suck so f**k it who cares.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Hyde is so much better than Gore right now it's ridiculous. I love Gore but Hyde needs to be a featured player and Gore a complimentary player in this offense.

But hell, the seasons over and these coaches suck so f**k it who cares.

3.6 ypc

Frank's wheels fell off long ago and he's having a career worst season, yet he's still somehow at 4.0 ypc

Hyde runs like he's blind
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
BEAST.
Hyde was perfect for this line this season because the hole's aren't open long enough for a back to be patient like in the past.

but apparently nobody saw this
Share 49ersWebzone