There are 228 users in the forums

RB Carlos Hyde Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I agree.. I've always felt that we should allow Gore to start the game, then insert Hyde and use his youthness and more physical style thru the 3rd QTR... come 4th, then put Gore back in there where he is more fresh and use his experience to use up the clock...

I look at our substitution package, and it reminds me of my highschool days at Hollywood High!!!
  • ethan
  • Veteran
He sure isn't getting any yards after the catch on pass receptions. 6 catches, 12 yards on the season. Has to be the worst average in the league.
It's on the o line. LAst 2 games they have been dominated in terms of run blocking.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Which is amazing given every time he gets the handoff he's got three defenders in the backfield every time!

This does happen a lot. Have any of you guys noticed anything Hyde may be doing that might be telegraphing the play? It seems to happen with a strange frequency that the defense might be seeing something to tip them off.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I know I can't be the only one completely disappointed with his lack of contribution this season! Roman never gives this guy a chance to get into a rhythm. He's always one and done in the play calling. And as many have pointed out, he's always being hit well before the line of scrimmage. I'd like to see him on at least 35 percent of the snaps and maybe more if Frank "up the gut" isn't working.

Hyde is playing WAY more than any RB since Gore became the starter, he's been given opportunities. I personally believe we don't necessarily call run plays that play to Hyde's strengths, seems like we pretty much call the same plays for Hyde that we call for Gore. The OL has a lot to do with Hyde's production.
With Hyde's breakout stellar 2 carries for 17 yds performance, he now has 50 carries for 178 yds on the season, bringing his season average up to 3.56 ypc!!!

Trent Richardson is safely in his rearview mirror with 101 carries for only 358 yds at a pathetic 3.54 ypc
[ Edited by znk916 on Nov 3, 2014 at 12:01 PM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
not even the greatest Jim Brown and the Sweetness Walter Payton can help a team if they only get 2 damn carries all game!!!
Bad news guys.

With Trent Richardson exploding for 33 yds on 7 carries on prime time monday night football, he's now up to 391 yards on 108 carries for the season. Doing the math puts him at 3.62 ypc, which means Hyde at 3.56 ypc has his work cut out for him to catch up again.

Come on Carlos, we believe in you!! You can do it!
Half way through the season and I have no idea what this guys brings to the table and whether or not he makes Frank despensible next year? Not excited.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Half way through the season and I have no idea what this guys brings to the table and whether or not he makes Frank despensible next year? Not excited.

you don't know because we don't use him.
which we can say about a lot of people under this current regime.

a double dose of gore and hyde would have gotten us wins in every single game we played this season.

he had 2 carries for 17 yards in a close game that was decided by 3 points

2 carries 17 yards and nobody thought it was a good idea to get him the ball again.

it's not hyde's fault at this point he hasn't had an opportunity. the only game he did was the dallas game and he showed what he could do
the offense isn't interested in his services right now but expect a huge dose of him sunday

How come we cant 50/50 split the carries between gore and hyde at 10-15 per game each? Hyde needs the ball more. Gore won't be around that much longer and we need him fresh.
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
How come we cant 50/50 split the carries between gore and hyde at 10-15 per game each? Hyde needs the ball more. Gore won't be around that much longer and we need him fresh.

We need to do a better job of playcalling all around, I'd still give the ball to Gore a little bit more since the OL is struggling and FG excels with vision and fitting into small holes but Hyde should be getting the ball way more than he is right now that's for sure.
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:

We need to do a better job of playcalling all around, I'd still give the ball to Gore a little bit more since the OL is struggling and FG excels with vision and fitting into small holes but Hyde should be getting the ball way more than he is right now that's for sure.

I'm sorry but Frank can't do s**t without blocking.

Hyde runs like a blind man, but the one thing he can do is break tackles. If your blocking is trash, you need your RB to break tackles. Frank can't, Hyde can.
Did the Bengals get the better rb
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
Did the Bengals get the better rb

Maybe, Hill is a stud.
Share 49ersWebzone