LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 248 users in the forums

RB Carlos Hyde Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
gonna lose his job to lattimore after the break if he continues to get stuffed on short yard situations.

gore got stuffed too. they had a damn 10 man front on those predictable run plays

ya, can't really blame our OL or RBs for last night. Rams were focused on stuffing the run. They forced Kap to beat them with his arm, and that he did.

This is it right here. The Niners were looking at 8+ man boxes all night.
Since week 1 Hyde hasnt impressed me hes been below average since then. He seems like he just runs into walls on most of his runs cant run inside or outside. Hope he steps his game up.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
The guy can't get a good feel for the game because he and Gore alternate.. secondly, he still adjusting to our blocking scheme... I can assure you that he would have a big day if our blocking scheme are similar to that of the Broncos or the Patriots.. or, even like the Cowboys..

Just watch their OL using that zone and in your face scheme where their RBs has a chance to pick his holes, instead of the quick traps we run with our MASSIVE line..
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Since week 1 Hyde hasnt impressed me hes been below average since then. He seems like he just runs into walls on most of his runs cant run inside or outside. Hope he steps his game up.

Exactly it. He failed for close on TD. He got a chance time then failed again!!
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Exactly it. He failed for close on TD. He got a chance time then failed again!!
Because that's completely on him right? What impresses me is Hyde very often turns nothing into something. We talk about vision a lot but we've been spoiled by Gore. Just as we compare every QB to Montana and Young, we seem to expect our rookie running back to be Gore. The fact is, there is only one Gore. Who else in the league do you see slipping inbetween the tiniest of holes the way Gore does? Hyde may never have the patience or vision Frank has but then again I doubt many will. Hyde is far from a disappointment.
Originally posted by JoeBart324:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
gonna lose his job to lattimore after the break if he continues to get stuffed on short yard situations.

gore got stuffed too. they had a damn 10 man front on those predictable run plays

ya, can't really blame our OL or RBs for last night. Rams were focused on stuffing the run. They forced Kap to beat them with his arm, and that he did.

This is it right here. The Niners were looking at 8+ man boxes all night.

Usually on third and short situations/goalines you will face 8+ man boxes...

From what I heard on the radio, he was hesitant a bit.
3.2ypc

that's trent richardson territory
[ Edited by znk916 on Oct 14, 2014 at 12:05 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Needs more read option carries.
Well maybe Latt will have a chance to be the primary backup
Kevin Barlow 2.0 tip toe dancer

Give the guy a break. He's still a rookie
wow. Some of the comments on here......

Hyde has been good not great. He has power and is physical, he always makes the guy pay that initially tries to tackle him and is usually tackled by the 2nd or 3rd guy, what else can you ask of him? . Our banged up O line was abused against the broncos. There were no lanes for him to run through!! I don't know what you guys expect of him. Gore didn't get anything on the ground either against the Broncos. Dude cant just hit the turbo and hit the spin burst button repeatedly to get through the line.......
the line has been absolutely horrible

horrible.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
Kevin Barlow 2.0 tip toe dancer

you know,, you have had nothing but snide comments to make about every single niner player here today,,, they suck, they are garbage, they are trash. you are a real piece of work today,, yes i know that is a personal attack on a poster but i freely plead guilty to my illegal action
Do people even watch games in here? Hard to run when every effing time he gets the ball he's got 3 defenders tackling him 3 yards deep in the backfield. I don't know if it's the predictability of down-and-distance, DC's know he's going to get the ball when he checks in, a formation tip-off, etc. but the guy has NO chance!
Share 49ersWebzone