There are 267 users in the forums

RB Carlos Hyde Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
The 49ers finally found their own Brandon Jacobs.

Oh damn I hope he's better than Brandon Jacobs that freaking douche. He can help keep Gore somewhat fresh, insurance for Lattimore.
Bust
We have Gore Miller Hunter Lattimore. How many more backs can we fit back there? We have absolutely no immediate need. And, we traded down so we lost out on Baptiste and then Ealy got taken right after. Wow.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
We have Gore Miller Hunter Lattimore. How many more backs can we fit back there? We have absolutely no immediate need. And, we traded down so we lost out on Baptiste and then Ealy got taken right after. Wow.

I believe gore and hunter are on the last year of there contracts, and miller rarely carries the ball.
Worry about it next year. There is no way we fit Jerome Bowling Ball into our blocking schemes that are tailor made for Frank gore. This just looks like a pointless pick that's not really helping us be successful this year. Unless, Lattimore is just not going to help out this year, or ever. Just makes no sense.

And even if he does help out, we need more help in other areas. Don't get this at all.
Love this pick.. Gore is probably gone after 2014, and Hunter might be too. Future is bright with Lattimore and Hyde.
49ers should draft to Tre Mason instead of Carlos Hyde. I think, Tre Mason might looked a good games. I am not sure if Hyde was fat and probably bust but no question.
Why burn a pick this year? It's silly. I'm willing to take a flyer on Ward. but this I don't get. Let's draft a left tackle. Staley's contract is up in 2018 you know.
I read some compare him to Eddie Lacy's running style but more violent which says a lot.
I do think this says something about Lattimore, unfortunately. At least that they are just not sure. Hyde comes with a big time rep, and lots of draft pub. If Lattimore is a question mark at all, then this was the pick to make.

this makes me feel Baalke has wasted LMJ
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
They gave up an Lattimore already......

More likely they're not willing to pay Hunter what he wants when his contract ends after this season.

A two headed beast with Hyde/Lattimore is FIERCE.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
They gave up an Lattimore already......

More likely they're not willing to pay Hunter what he wants when his contract ends after this season.

A two headed beast with Hyde/Lattimore is FIERCE.

Doubt Hunter's gonna want much. Maybe $1-$2mil/yr. (hopefully), and he'd be worth it all day long.
Originally posted by Disp:
Doubt Hunter's gonna want much. Maybe $1-$2mil/yr. (hopefully), and he'd be worth it all day long.

Considering the big payday's Kaepernick, Aldon and Crabtree will be looking for, every dollar counts I guess.
Rated about avg #37 and get the best RB in the draft at #56? Baalke, you gotta be kidding. OOps, we got one more RB than we need. I agree with a poster 2 pages back that maybe lattimore isn't doing as well as hoped. Hmmmm...
Share 49ersWebzone