LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 328 users in the forums

RB Carlos Hyde Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Jeez, Giedi, it really took you that long? I don't believe that...exactly for the reasons you mentioned.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on May 15, 2014 at 5:42 PM ]
this dude is the pick im most excited about. cant wait to see him maul would be tacklers!
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Officially a 49er, inked a 4yr deal with us just now.

BOOM SHAKALAKA

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ... good to see he is an Oregon Duck fan.

Originally posted by Giedi:
After thinking about it for a few days, I'm beginning to really really like this draftee. With the power run philosophy that we have, I've always wanted a guy that had the power, quickness, speed, and agility to operate in this system. If I had my three Alladin lamp wishes - one of them would be to bring back earl Campbell in his prime to play for the 49ers and Jim Harbaugh. This Hyde guy can be a bigger and stronger Gore but possibly has more speed than Gore. Add in the powerful center in Martin, and we might be seeing the 2nd coming of Rocky Blier/Tom Rathman.

This power run offense just got three times more dangerous with this years draft picks and with Marcus coming online.

This is THE biggest reason this is a great (proactive) pick. Watch Hyde's film and he squeezes through small holes for a big man and gets tons of downfield yards, only has 3 TFL last year but my favorite is that he has the speed and vision to break a run OFF TACKLE. This has been the missing element for so long. For ages, defenses could stack the box with up to 10 guys (no joke) and run blitz between the DE's/T's b/c there was no fear of being attacked on the edges. But now? One back who can run inside, never loses yards, can run outside and can catch? This is the full package we've needed on offense for so long now...balance.

PS: It also looks like he takes a lot of snaps from the Pistol. In short, he's the perfect fit for OUR offensive scheme. He and Lattimore are going to be something special together.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Officially a 49er, inked a 4yr deal with us just now.

Nice
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

Or a DDP fan.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Or a DDP fan.

Hey Phoenix, It's Me, It's Me, It's D D P.
This dude is. Badass!
Member Milestone: This is post number 900 for matthewabbit.
God I have wanted a back like this since we lost Blount. IF hunter gets back to speed they would be sic together.Hopefully between Lattimore and Hyde we have found our beast

Can he step in at FB in an emergency?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Or a DDP fan.

You watch a lot of college football. I posted this in the draft room Hyde thread. People compare Hyde and Lacy, but when I looked at their highlights, Lacy looked/s like a much faster more powerful and explosive back. I love the pick, but am I missing something on these comparisons.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
Can he step in at FB in an emergency?

I expect that we will see some split backfields with Gore and Hyde, Miller in as move TE.

Hyde actually did quite a bit of lead blocking in college, from what I've seen.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Carlos Hyde at Path To The Draft.

• DeUh
  • Veteran
Junior Season Highlights.

Share 49ersWebzone