LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 249 users in the forums

RB Carlos Hyde Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • cools
  • Veteran
Few years ago i read an article about how Harbaugh liked to have a stable of RB's at Stanford, and use them all, keep em fresh and healthy
and how the Niners would eventually employ that system once Gore was done

Harbaalke has a pretty good stable now with Lattimore, Hyde and Hunter

James is gone, prob post draft trade
I think this pick was perfect timing, alot of fans are wondering why now, here is the answer with a simple question. If this is Franks final season who would you rather take over for him an unprepped and still learning rookie drafted next year or a 2nd year player who plays alot like frank and have had a year to learn from the man himself?
Originally posted by father49er:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Do you think Lattimore will ever fully recover? He might have the hardest road of any knee injury I've ever seen

Gore came back from double ACL's. I don't know if Latt can do it.

If I'm not mistaken, Lattimore's second injury was far worse. I've never had a serious knee injury (knock on wood), but Lattimore's was truly gruesome.

Yeah, basically skin and one ligament prevented the bottom half of his leg from falling off.

His injury involved no nerve damage, which would've been much worse. With the way medicine has improved in the last few years I don't doubt he comes back as strong as ever.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by father49er:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Do you think Lattimore will ever fully recover? He might have the hardest road of any knee injury I've ever seen

Gore came back from double ACL's. I don't know if Latt can do it.

If I'm not mistaken, Lattimore's second injury was far worse. I've never had a serious knee injury (knock on wood), but Lattimore's was truly gruesome.

Yeah, basically skin and one ligament prevented the bottom half of his leg from falling off.

His injury involved no nerve damage, which would've been much worse. With the way medicine has improved in the last few years I don't doubt he comes back as strong as ever.

I think it's possible for him to be "capable of playing", but I don't know if he's capable of playing at a level where he can be a major contributor at the NFL level. That's the question. Will he re-attain that level of strength?

When Harbaugh was asked today about Lattimore, he did mention he's "still getting there" and in the process or working his way back. Basically, when Harbaugh talked about "11 on 11 isn't something he's done yet", my impression is they're going to be extremely cautious still. We'll see in the coming months, but I'm curious if Lattimore will wind up on the PUP again as some sort of precautionary measure, and then debut some-time in the middle of the season. With Gore, Hyde, and Hunter on the roster, that could be an option.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on May 10, 2014 at 7:48 PM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I think it's possible for him to be "capable of playing", but I don't know if he's capable of playing at a level where he can be a major contributor at the NFL level. That's the question. Will he re-attain that level of strength?

When Harbaugh was asked today about Lattimore, he did mention he's "still getting there" and in the process or working his way back. Basically, when Harbaugh talked about "11 on 11 isn't something he's done yet", my impression is they're going to be extremely cautious still. We'll see in the coming months, but I'm curious if Lattimore will wind up on the PUP again as some sort of precautionary measure, and then debut some-time in the middle of the season. With Gore, Hyde, and Hunter on the roster, that could be an option.

!00% agree. No need to rush the kid. My only worry is that he'll be his own worst enemy and force his way on the field too soon. He is a competitor and is itching to prove himself. I want this guy to succeed as much as anyone but in this case especially patience is a virtue.

Two years in a row on the PUP, and he's done. You don't just come back and play pro-football after that.
What ever happened to this guy?

its going to be exciting next season. Our offense is stacked!
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

!00% agree. No need to rush the kid. My only worry is that he'll be his own worst enemy and force his way on the field too soon. He is a competitor and is itching to prove himself. I want this guy to succeed as much as anyone but in this case especially patience is a virtue.

Yes, no need to rush. If I'm correct, Gore and Hunter are both in contract years. Lattimore when healthy will certainly get his shot. If he remains healthy, he should get plenty of snaps in 2015. We'll see what happens.

On the topic of Hyde though. I love the pick. Best RB prospect in the draft in my opinion.

Originally posted by BrianGO:

injuries and he struggled a lot.
Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for BroMontana.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by frankie:
Originally posted by titan:
I hope they drafted him because of Frank Gores age and contract , not because of Marcus Lattimore not looking too good! I really would like to see him succeed.

Agree with this as well! Tho pains to think gore could possibly be gone next yr :(
We need get frankie G a sb win this yr. :)
I love this pick up. Lattimore and hyde will get a yr to learn behind gore...who is to say gore doesnt resign on the cheap with us next yr tho? We win sb gore just may ride out into the sunset tho.....

We win the Super Bowl Frank will retire on top. Best case for him and us going forward.

God damn we better win a Superbowl while Frank's on the team. No one in the league deserves a ring more than him. Just think of all the crap teams he was apart of.

-EAD
Originally posted by BrianGO:

He was just smart enough to count to potato.
Really excited for this kid. I dont really agree with the Gore comparisons though.

IMO he is like a bigger more physical Emmitt Smith. I know comparisons are pretty silly in general, But the similarity's in their running styles are uncanny IMO.

Gore will be the starter this year, but IMO Hyde has a strong possibility of getting the most carries of any RB on the roster this season.

[ Edited by IdahoNiner on May 10, 2014 at 11:08 PM ]
Great Read:
http://www.battleredblog.com/2014/2/17/5418546/carlos-hyde-vs-chris-borland-the-best-title-fight-that-nobody-talked
Share 49ersWebzone