LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 239 users in the forums

RB Carlos Hyde Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by QBguru:
Originally posted by theduke85:
I think Hyde will see limited action at first, but I think he can contribute right away in short-yardage situations. We saw Anthony Dixon see action in those situations from time-to-time, but now he's gone obviously. Hyde could provide nice value in goal line situations or in 3rd-and-shorts or whatever. Then again, for all I know, he may not even suit up his first year.

Gore's 31 though. The chances of him making it through a full season are pretty low.

I hope they do not use Hyde as much as they used Dixon these past few years. Even though Dixon was not as good as the Gore and Hunter. A pecking order must be established in TC and preseason. If Hyde is the best back then let him be the #1. The RB position is plug and play in the NFL.
so basically, you want him to carry the ball like twice
Does anyone else remember us struggling with picking up that 1 yard when we needed it last year? because I do and I think this dude could help us out with that.

I like the pick. It's yet to be seen if Lattimore will ever be ready to play, gore is getting old and James is on the outs imo. Solid pickup by Baalke.
Originally posted by lucky_49:
I think Hyde will see limited action at first, but I think he can contribute right away in short-yardage situations. We saw Anthony Dixon see action in those situations from time-to-time, but now he's gone obviously. Hyde could provide nice value in goal line situations or in 3rd-and-shorts or whatever. Then again, for all I know, he may not even suit up his first year.

Gore's 31 though. The chances of him making it through a full season are pretty low.

I hope they do not use Hyde as much as they used Dixon these past few years. Even though Dixon was not as good as the Gore and Hunter. A pecking order must be established in TC and preseason. If Hyde is the best back then let him be the #1. The RB position is plug and play in the NFL.
No sir. The opposite. I hope they use him more than they used Dixon because he wayyyy more talented.
Originally posted by lucky_49:

No sir. The opposite. I hope they use him more than they used Dixon because he wayyyy more talented.
oh my bad lol. read that wrong
  • titan
  • Veteran
I hope they drafted him because of Frank Gores age and contract , not because of Marcus Lattimore not looking too good! I really would like to see him succeed.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
I knew people would speculate on Lattimore's recovery after this pick. The offseason conditioning program just started two weeks ago and Lattimore is participating just like the rest of the team.
Originally posted by titan:
I hope they drafted him because of Frank Gores age and contract , not because of Marcus Lattimore not looking too good! I really would like to see him succeed.

Agree with this as well! Tho pains to think gore could possibly be gone next yr :(
We need get frankie G a sb win this yr. :)
I love this pick up. Lattimore and hyde will get a yr to learn behind gore...who is to say gore doesnt resign on the cheap with us next yr tho? We win sb gore just may ride out into the sunset tho.....
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Gore 2.0

Runs exactly like Gore does with same running style...look like the same player. Love it.
Originally posted by Hopper:
I knew people would speculate on Lattimore's recovery after this pick. The offseason conditioning program just started two weeks ago and Lattimore is participating just like the rest of the team.

It might have to do with him recently admitting that he is not 100% recovered yet, combine that with us taking a RB in the 2nd and it's not a big leap to think he may not be ready to play this season. I'm completely pulling for the guy but him admitting that his knee and burst isn't what it should be only a few days ago is a little concerning.

• dj43
Originally posted by Disp:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
They gave up an Lattimore already......

More likely they're not willing to pay Hunter what he wants when his contract ends after this season.

A two headed beast with Hyde/Lattimore is FIERCE.

Doubt Hunter's gonna want much. Maybe $1-$2mil/yr. (hopefully), and he'd be worth it all day long.

I doubt Hunter will try to stay. He could start for 6-10 teams around the league. He won't stay here to be a backup for $1.5mil.
Originally posted by frankie:
Originally posted by titan:

Agree with this as well! Tho pains to think gore could possibly be gone next yr :(
We need get frankie G a sb win this yr. :)
I love this pick up. Lattimore and hyde will get a yr to learn behind gore...who is to say gore doesnt resign on the cheap with us next yr tho? We win sb gore just may ride out into the sunset tho.....

We win the Super Bowl Frank will retire on top. Best case for him and us going forward.
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Just bought a Hyde jersey (well pre-ordered)

I was thinking the same thing! I have never bought a niner jersey before, but first thing I thought when they picked him was that I wanted to buy his. lol

You may have just inspired me to pre-order as well.
Great pick up. You can never have too many RB's . Especially when Gore, Hunter and Lattimore especially have had a history with the injury bug right. This is a great future play too. Gore is nearing the end. Hunter sure didn't look the same last yr, & who knows about Lattimore. Hell if Marcus is able to pull and AP or a Gore with an excellent recovery then i love this pick even more. We would have a sick combo there.

Good pick. Depth is key and we sre building that
Where does this leave Hunter? Gore knows his on his last legs and Lattimore is unknown.
Share 49ersWebzone