LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 223 users in the forums

RB Carlos Hyde Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Serious question: How do you guys see our RB depth chart looking come opening week?

My best guess:
  1. Gore
  2. Hunter
  3. Lattimore
  4. Hyde
  5. James
Does the Hyde selection essentially push James off the roster?

I'd go Hyde in front of Lattimore. It's going to be a while for Latt to get up to speed.

Do you think Lattimore will ever fully recover? He might have the hardest road of any knee injury I've ever seen
Serious question: How do you guys see our RB depth chart looking come opening week?

My best guess:
  1. Gore
  2. Hunter
  3. Lattimore
  4. Hyde
  5. James

Add Miller to that list. No way we have 6 guys active in the backfield.
Gore likely has 1 year left with team, Latimore and Hyde are going to be bruisers for years to come, Hunter can find work elsewhere and LMJ is key in return game (even though ppl hate him for some reason). O-line is stacked, QB and WR's,TE are set. We're going to be almost unstoppable on O, not only in 2014, but for years to come.

Think of it this way...

Imagine how pissed you got as a fan in '11, '12 and last year in Seattle. Now imagine being the ppl in charge of this failure *Baalke and staff** and they are f**king PISSED beyond any pissed we could ever achieve. They're taking this personally and they're not f**king around, they will get us that trophy back, ZERO doubt in my mind.

My best guess:
  1. Gore
  2. Hunter
  3. Lattimore
  4. Hyde
  5. James

James returning kicks and punts?
I think Hyde will see limited action at first, but I think he can contribute right away in short-yardage situations. We saw Anthony Dixon see action in those situations from time-to-time, but now he's gone obviously. Hyde could provide nice value in goal line situations or in 3rd-and-shorts or whatever. Then again, for all I know, he may not even suit up his first year.

Gore's 31 though. The chances of him making it through a full season are pretty low.
Do you think Lattimore will ever fully recover? He might have the hardest road of any knee injury I've ever seen

I'm thinking Hyde was insurance for that reason. If both pan out, jackpot.

I'm thinking Hyde was insurance for that reason. If both pan out, jackpot.
Originally posted by theduke85:
I think Hyde will see limited action at first, but I think he can contribute right away in short-yardage situations. We saw Anthony Dixon see action in those situations from time-to-time, but now he's gone obviously. Hyde could provide nice value in goal line situations or in 3rd-and-shorts or whatever. Then again, for all I know, he may not even suit up his first year.

Gore's 31 though. The chances of him making it through a full season are pretty low.

4th an inches
Originally posted by HoneyBadger49er:

I was never sold on him. I'm sure we could find someone else, heck maybe Jimmie Ward....
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Gore came back from double ACL's. I don't know if Latt can do it.

I wonder if this is any indication that Lattimore is not healing well. Regardless, love the pick, he's exactly who I was hoping for. Jumped in the air I was so happy when this was announced

If I'm not mistaken, Lattimore's second injury was far worse. I've never had a serious knee injury (knock on wood), but Lattimore's was truly gruesome.

If I'm not mistaken, Lattimore's second injury was far worse. I've never had a serious knee injury (knock on wood), but Lattimore's was truly gruesome.

Yeah, basically skin and one ligament prevented the bottom half of his leg from falling off.
Originally posted by HoneyBadger49er:

I was never sold on him. I'm sure we could find someone else, heck maybe Jimmie Ward....

Like him on KR, not PR. LMJ is still an asset to the team whether people wanna believe it or not, however, we still have 8 picks left, that could change REAL quick. So we'll see.
Originally posted by theduke85:

I hope they do not use Hyde as much as they used Dixon these past few years. Even though Dixon was not as good as the Gore and Hunter. A pecking order must be established in TC and preseason. If Hyde is the best back then let him be the #1. The RB position is plug and play in the NFL.
Share 49ersWebzone