LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 207 users in the forums

RB Carlos Hyde Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by tjd808185:
That's 1400 combined yards as an every down back. We're 22nd in rushing, not bad at yoc but Beathard factors in. Nothing special especially in Shanny's offense which cranks a lot better. Just like you can argue running back is a luxury with the Shanny's I can make the same argument with interior lineman. They have never spent high picks there and there's no reason to because they target mobile lineman who fall. It's the maulers like Nelson who go early and he'd be a great pick for JH but Shanny doesn't need that. Left tackle is a priority pick otherwise our our ol line needs are greatly exaggerated here. Grab a center in free agency, Garnett will be back, get a guard somewhere in the draft, maybe we have to look down the road to Staley but I think that might be a year early.

But moving on from Hyde isn't dependent on Barkley. Love, Jones, and Michel all great candidates to pair with Breida, Williams.

I'm saying drafting a RB overall in the top 3 is a luxury not just because shanny doesn't do it...honestly outside of this past yr we have no idea what Kyle values because this is his first yr where he's in a position to make those big calls.

14 carries a game is looked at as a "every down back"? Cause that's what he's been getting...we're 22nd in rushing cause we give up pts quickly overall and have to abandon the run (kyle even spoke about this). Hence why Hyde has been producing more in the passing game. We will see how he plays down the stretch, he's a fine RB IMO and won't break the bank, we have bigger issues to take care of in the draft outside of RB.

Also never said Nelson had to be the pick either (even though Brandon Scherff turned out just fine as a top 5 pick), personally I like Conner Williams because of his athletic ability, he could possibly play OG (similar to what Miami did with tunsil last yr) until we move on from Staley. Then we have our OTs set for the next 10 yrs
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Nov 25, 2017 at 6:31 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I'm saying drafting a RB overall in the top 3 is a luxury not just because shanny doesn't do it...honestly outside of this past yr we have no idea what Kyle values because this is his first yr where he's in a position to make those big calls.

14 carries a game is looked at as a "every down back"? Cause that's what he's been getting...we're 22nd in rushing cause we give up pts quickly overall and have to abandon the run (kyle even spoke about this). Hence why Hyde has been producing more in the passing game. We will see how he plays down the stretch, he's a fine RB IMO and won't break the bank, we have bigger issues to take care of in the draft outside of RB.

Also never said Nelson had to be the pick either (even though Brandon Scherff turned out just fine as a top 5 pick), personally I like Conner Williams because of his athletic ability, he could possibly play OG (similar to what Miami did with tunsil last yr) until we move on from Staley. Then we have our OTs set for the next 10 yrs

We're trailing all game you don't get carries like that largely due to slow offensive starts too but he is on the field and can make an impact. He gets catches but as his 6.5 ypc shows he's no Hunt/ Freeman and that's what we need. I see no reason settling for an 80% fit because people are scared that Shanahan can't find a back. It's Shanahan.
We're trailing all game you don't get carries like that largely due to slow offensive starts too but he is on the field and can make an impact. He gets catches but as his 6.5 ypc shows he's no Hunt/ Freeman and that's what we need. I see no reason settling for an 80% fit because people are scared that Shanahan can't find a back. It's Shanahan.

I have no issue with Hyde's ypc...he's a RB first and foremost. The fact that he's evolving into a decent pass catcher (something people said he couldn't do in here before the season) is a positive.

We're throwing out PS WRs and garçon (until his injury) if I was a D I'd be game planning vs Hyde above anyone else on our offense without question...Freeman has Julio for god sake lol. I like hunt a ton he's was my draft pick at RB this past yr, looks like teams are starting to game plan for him as well plus he's got Hill/Kelce that teams have to plan around as well.

Just a difference of opinions...RB isn't the issue here, we need upgrades at OL/WR/CB/edge over RB IMHO. Pay Hyde which isn't gonna cost a ton, ride him for a couple yrs...if he sucks cut him move on and draft a RB when we have other pieces in place.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Give him a 5-year/$30M deal. Everyone is happy.

We can find good rbs in every draft

I have no issue letting him go or re-signing him

He is the team MVP
He is a too 10 RB
He is a good fit for Shanahan's system
This team is full of holes, why get rid of the best player and create another hole? Creating holes is how Baalke put this roster where it was going into this past off-season.
[ Edited by TheWooLick on Nov 25, 2017 at 9:58 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Teams looking to upgrade from a top 10 running back to a top 2 running backs are teams without flaring holes, this roster is made up mostly of glaring holes.

Shanaham needs to prove he can find a QB, two WR, two or three OL, TE.
I think it's best to re-sign Hyde and use the pick on Pass rush or WR.

I agree

We know what we have in Hyde. Will more then likely miss some games but runs hard..

And we need a pass rush bad if we want to compete
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Teams looking to upgrade from a top 10 running back to a top 2 running backs are teams without flaring holes, this roster is made up mostly of glaring holes.

The team has 110 mil in cap space and isn't as needy as people think. To act like we can't spend a 3-4 mid round pick on rb is laughable. Like that's a luxury pick even though we've done that just about every year for the past decade. Good record, bad record. Let's take a look. James, Lattimore, Davis, Hunter, Hyde, Williams, Coffee. We're going to take a rb anyways.

Maybe if we're talking Barkley you have a point that he's a luxury I don't agree because the addition of Jimmy G should elevate us to a playoff contender but I at least see that point.
Give him a 5-year/$30M deal. Everyone is happy.

H*LL NO !!! 0 yr deal max
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

The team has 110 mil in cap space and isn't as needy as people think. To act like we can't spend a 3-4 mid round pick on rb is laughable. Like that's a luxury pick even though we've done that just about every year for the past decade. Good record, bad record. Let's take a look. James, Lattimore, Davis, Hunter, Hyde, Williams, Coffee. We're going to take a rb anyways.

Maybe if we're talking Barkley you have a point that he's a luxury I don't agree because the addition of Jimmy G should elevate us to a playoff contender but I at least see that point.

This team had the most cap space I to the NFL coming I to this season and still is full of holes.
I don't think a 3rd or 4th round pick will be better than Carlos Hyde in this offense.
I am excited to see what JG can do but I don't think this roster is a playoff roster and JG is not a sure thing FQB.
I like Hyde. I love how he responded this year to Shanahan's system. I love his attitude and when he stuck up for Beathard.

But there is no way I'm giving him a 5 year deal worth 6 mil a year. He just cannot stay healthy.

Shanahan has proven he can find RB's later and make them work. Breida has played well and looks to have earned a shot. We have Joe Williams who I still have faith in at least as a 3rd RB.

Hyde at 6'0, 235 isn't ideal for Shannys system. He has played well but I think a guy like Devonta Freeman at 5'8, 206 or Tevin Coleman at 6'1, 210 are guys Shanahan prefers. Both guys are electric and hit the hole in a second. Steve Slaton was 5'10, 195. Alfred Morris is 5'10, 220. Hyde is more of a power back.

I think Shanahan will be banging the table for USC's Ronald Jones. He is the ideal RB for Shanahan's system.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
So, is everyone on the bandwagon for Barkley or do you want to see Hyde be the man?
Not Hyde. Barkely? Depends on what their big-picture for team development is.
So, is everyone on the bandwagon for Barkley or do you want to see Hyde be the man?

Ronald Jones looking sexy

Hyde and Thompson/McKinnon would be cool too.
How was that 4.2 yards pre carry today ??? Garbage !!!
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Hyde worse this year than last?
Share 49ersWebzone