There are 291 users in the forums

RB Carlos Hyde Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:
Hyde's gonna be a beast. Stop nit-picking.

This.
this guy just had two backs that might have been in front of him go down and an aging starter in front of him, hes set up to take over sooner than expected i think
When we took this guy with our 2nd pick, my initial reaction was "WTF? WE ALREADY HAVE LOTS OF BACKS HOW 'BOUT A WIDE RECEIVER GOSH DARNIT!" After which it made more sense to me, reading about how good he is and remembering we had lost Big Dix to free agency. Now it seems almost prophetic, boy are we gonna need him this year especially if James' elbow is going to be giving him problems and if he can't pass protect (which is what caused the injury). Thank you Trent Baalke!
[ Edited by KowboyKiller on Jul 27, 2014 at 5:59 PM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
This guy better be really good and stay really healthy. Because look at what we got.

~ Hunter out.
~ Lattimore already hurt.
~ LMJ we know what we got here.
~ Gore starting to wear down. Late in the season he is getting worse.

I think Hyde is our best hope. He better improve his pass blocking pick ups and learn how to catch out of the backfield. I believe he can run if you watch him play in college.

death, taxes and a pessimistic post from SD

LOL. I'm just being "REALISTIC" on this one......
Not really. Lattimore is about to be cleared.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Great pick.
His game film looks phenomenal, not the bruiser you'd expect from a man that size, he's shifty and has skill, and when he gets out front, his long strides take him to the house. Very excited to see what he can do. Looks a lot more talented than a Brandon Jacobs to me, looks more like a Corey Dillion. That would be awesome.
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
When we took this guy with our 2nd pick, my initial reaction was "WTF? WE ALREADY HAVE LOTS OF BACKS HOW 'BOUT A WIDE RECEIVER GOSH DARNIT!" After which it made more sense to me, reading about how good he is and remembering we had lost Big Dix to free agency. Now it seems almost prophetic, boy are we gonna need him this year especially if James' elbow is going to be giving him problems and if he can't pass protect (which is what caused the injury). Thank you Trent Baalke!

Yeah anyone want to b***h about the draft now? Lol!
Originally posted by T-9ers:
His game film looks phenomenal, not the bruiser you'd expect from a man that size, he's shifty and has skill, and when he gets out front, his long strides take him to the house. Very excited to see what he can do. Looks a lot more talented than a Brandon Jacobs to me, looks more like a Corey Dillion. That would be awesome.

I think that is a great comparison. maybe the best I have seen. very similar runners.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
this guy just had two backs that might have been in front of him go down and an aging starter in front of him, hes set up to take over sooner than expected i think

I agree. I have to see him in pre-season but from his college tapes, he runs a bit like Emmit smith. man o man I'm excited to see all the new players play in the Harbaugh brothers pre-season brawl bowl.
Originally posted by Giedi:

I agree. I have to see him in pre-season but from his college tapes, he runs a bit like Emmit smith. man o man I'm excited to see all the new players play in the Harbaugh brothers pre-season brawl bowl.

The MAIN element we've been missing that Seattle has had, was a RB who can be just as effective inside as well as outside the tackles. Hyde seems like he has the quickness, speed and elusiveness to be a complete back for us which is critical when facing top defenses. In the past, it was easier to gear up and ru blitz between the T's when Gore was in and to gaurd the edge when Hunter came in. Hyde seems like he has the full package to me but time will tell...keep picking up those blitzers and catching everything and we have a steal and THE perfect fit for our offense.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Giedi:

The MAIN element we've been missing that Seattle has had, was a RB who can be just as effective inside as well as outside the tackles. Hyde seems like he has the quickness, speed and elusiveness to be a complete back for us which is critical when facing top defenses. In the past, it was easier to gear up and ru blitz between the T's when Gore was in and to gaurd the edge when Hunter came in. Hyde seems like he has the full package to me but time will tell...keep picking up those blitzers and catching everything and we have a steal and THE perfect fit for our offense.

Totally agree. He is a much better fit as an every down back for us than either Hunter or LMJ in my opinion. If Lattimore is 100%, he would be a great change of pace back to Hyde. But yeah, if latt and Hyde are both 100% healthy, I think they both have the potential for being every down backs for us.
Holy crap! Watch Hyde destroy our own coach.

http://ninerfans.com/video-49ers-rb-carlos-hyde-runs-over-coach-in-individual-drills/
  • lazy
  • Veteran
wow, he made that guy fly. Hopefully he bring that intensity on gamedays.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Holy crap! Watch Hyde destroy our own coach.

http://ninerfans.com/video-49ers-rb-carlos-hyde-runs-over-coach-in-individual-drills/

That's ohio states rb coach lol
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame

dude got stood up by Borland...............................BORLAND.
Share 49ersWebzone