LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 229 users in the forums

RB Carlos Hyde Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by GoldenGateGlory:
A Two punch is better than a one punch.

Don't count out Kapri Bibbs either. He's a baller and I'm sure he'll get a good amount of carries throughout the year. Like you said though, I'd rather have a 2-3 headed monster than just a sole RB that carries the load.
Originally posted by jcs:
Time for hm to go?

How many RB's did we go through in 2015 because none of them could stay healthy?

How many 1,000 yard rushers did we have in 2016?

Yes time for him to go....10 yrs on the team, not once did we ask him to take a pay cut, he had a amazing career with SF.... We had a young RB that we drafted with the 57th overall pick and needed to see if he could live up to the draft slot.

last I saw SF was 4th in rushing last yr vs the colts who were 23rd (regardless of where the yards came from SF was) and SF was also higher than Indy in 2015 as well...Gore on this team the past two yrs wouldn't have made us much better at all.

Hyde was 12 yards away from being a 1K rusher stop with the how many 1k rushers crap. Gore had 46 more attempts and only 37 more yards...Hyde avg 4.6 ypc while Gore had 3.9 AND that's with Andrew Luck! We had the most predictable offense in the league with dog s**t at QB.

IF you're arguing over 37 yards then it's pretty weak my man....
Originally posted by Ryanoceros:
A Two punch is better than a one punch.

Don't count out Kapri Bibbs either. He's a baller and I'm sure he'll get a good amount of carries throughout the year. Like you said though, I'd rather have a 2-3 headed monster than just a sole RB that carries the load.

He is? I'd take Hightower over him personally
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Time for hm to go?

How many RB's did we go through in 2015 because none of them could stay healthy?

How many 1,000 yard rushers did we have in 2016?

Yes time for him to go....10 yrs on the team, not once did we ask him to take a pay cut, he had a amazing career with SF.... We had a young RB that we drafted with the 57th overall pick and needed to see if he could live up to the draft slot.

last I saw SF was 4th in rushing last yr vs the colts who were 23rd (regardless of where the yards came from SF was) and SF was also higher than Indy in 2015 as well...Gore on this team the past two yrs wouldn't have made us much better at all.

Hyde was 12 yards away from being a 1K rusher stop with the how many 1k rushers crap. Gore had 46 more attempts and only 37 more yards...Hyde avg 4.6 ypc while Gore had 3.9 AND that's with Andrew Luck! We had the most predictable offense in the league with dog s**t at QB.

IF you're arguing over 37 yards then it's pretty weak my man....

RBs tend to play better in the dome with cutting,agility,speed and keeping balance due to the turf. If Breida and Williams shines,Hightower does his thing...I can't help but think as much as I like him, I'd trade for a second. I think Hyde would be perfect on the Colts.
We will be a run first team. We need people who can run.
Originally posted by Ryanoceros:

Just as long as that 2-3 headed monster doesn't mirror the Giants or Jaguars running game. At that point committees become a setback for the team. What we need is our 2-3 headed monster to replicate duos like Taylor and MJD, Williams and Stewart, and Peterson and Taylor; or trios like the Saints when they ran the ball with Thomas, Ingram and Sproles.

Kyle will have a challenge on his hands to replicate the success he had in Atlanta last year, this year in San Francisco. I like Hyde and Williams as a possible one-two punch. I also like some of our depth chart. He's got the talent to work with, they just need to stay healthy and produce. If they do, then a 2-3 headed monster will be fun to watch. However, if injuries strike, or they hit a brick wall and can't get into a rhythm because they get rotated too much, then at that point the 2-3 headed monster could be painful to watch and set the team back just like it did in New York and Jacksonville.

My honest preference is a workhorse back, but I'd be happy if Hyde and Williams (or whichever duo from our backfield) could become the next Freeman and Coleman.
Well the difference is success and non success. It really is that simple.
I see Carlos Hyde as a training camp casualty. Same with Tank Carradine. And quite possibly two or three other surprise players. Nobody is safe. And since Hyde can't stay healthy because of an upright running style that leaves him a victim to big hits, I don't see him lasting very long. Anyone remember Kevin Barlow? God, even when I say that man's name, I have to resist the urge to wretch big chunks.

Shanahan and Lynch have taken a page from the Bill Walsh playbook. Clear out the dead wood and start over. Other than the offensive and defensive lines, this team is going to look dramatically different.

By the way, Mike Nolan also pulled from the same playbook. He cleaned out the dead wood and started over. He assembled a great deal of talent. Unfortunately, wins eluded the man. It took someone like Jim Harbaugh to put the team into the win column. But the talent that Harbaugh won with was largely assembled by Mike Nolan and Scotty McCloughan.

I think it's interesting to point out that Walsh did inherit something from the previous administrations that ran the Niners into the ground. He didn't draft that offensive line that protected Joe Montana's backside during the first two Super Bowl runs. Nope -- that credit goes to former HC Monte Clark. Clark also engineered the trade that brought Jim Plunkett to San Francisco, a huge bonus to the Raiders who picked him off the 49er scrap heap and it resulted in two Super Bowl titles.
[ Edited by billbird2111 on May 18, 2017 at 4:41 PM ]
Williams will make Hyde a better back but giving him a chop out.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by billbird2111:
I see Carlos Hyde as a training camp casualty. Same with Tank Carradine. And quite possibly two or three other surprise players. Nobody is safe. And since Hyde can't stay healthy because of an upright running style that leaves him a victim to big hits, I don't see him lasting very long. Anyone remember Kevin Barlow? God, even when I say that man's name, I have to resist the urge to wretch big chunks.

Shanahan and Lynch have taken a page from the Bill Walsh playbook. Clear out the dead wood and start over. Other than the offensive and defensive lines, this team is going to look dramatically different.

By the way, Mike Nolan also pulled from the same playbook. He cleaned out the dead wood and started over. He assembled a great deal of talent. Unfortunately, wins eluded the man. It took someone like Jim Harbaugh to put the team into the win column. But the talent that Harbaugh won with was largely assembled by Mike Nolan and Scotty McCloughan.

I think it's interesting to point out that Walsh did inherit something from the previous administrations that ran the Niners into the ground. He didn't draft that offensive line that protected Joe Montana's backside during the first two Super Bowl runs. Nope -- that credit goes to former HC Monte Clark. Clark also engineered the trade that brought Jim Plunkett to San Francisco, a huge bonus to the Raiders who picked him off the 49er scrap heap and it resulted in two Super Bowl titles.
I bet if Shanahan sees a similar or close level of production between his guys and the old roster he will move the Baalke guys before the regular season begins for draft capital....

Deep positions to look at RB,TE,DLine

Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
RBs tend to play better in the dome with cutting,agility,speed and keeping balance due to the turf. If Breida and Williams shines,Hightower does his thing...I can't help but think as much as I like him, I'd trade for a second. I think Hyde would be perfect on the Colts.

No one is trading a 2nd for a RB coming off an injury heading into his contract yr
I posted an article which brought up the possibility of Hyde being a camp casualty and was ripped on this board. Some people can't even entertain the notion that it could happen. When the GM and HC bring in 7-8 running backs from the draft, trade and UDFA's clearly they aren't happy with Hyde's production and missing games. He's missed 14 out of 48 due to injury.
He could go for sure. Ronnie Lott.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Luck only played in 22 of the last 32 games there and Gore on that team has been more reliable and valuable to their team than any RB here since his departure. Don't even want to get into the contract, there is enough evidence on the web and personal comments by Gore and his people to know he was pushed out.

Don't even try to say Indy had a worst offense or even try to push around stats lol...he would have been worse in SF. It was time for him to go and even if we kept him it wouldn't have mattered we would have stilled sucked.

It's water under the bridge, no sense complaining about something that wouldn't have mattered anyway...we weren't a frank gore away from being good and you know it.

Ignorant imo! Frank Gore is a beast and while we may have still sucked he would have lifted my spirits with his efforts.
He could go for sure. Ronnie Lott.
That's for sure GGG. Everyone is expendable sooner or later. Watching Ronnie, Joe and Jerry leave opened my eyes to that possibility.
Share 49ersWebzone