There are 263 users in the forums

RB Carlos Hyde Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Hunter played quite competently as a rookie if I recall. He was given carries to spell Gore here & there and made a few pretty good runs. Why can't Hyde do the same (even though a different back than Hunter)? Frankie isn't as spry as 3 years ago so he'll need a little more spelling but Hyde should be up to the task. RB is normally considered an easier position for rookies to contribute right away and he was a workhorse in college.

More passing means more blitz pick-ups. Marvin said in another thread that he played in a college offensive system with similar protection schemes. I hope he is right. That means he should have very little trouble picking the 49er blitz pickup schemes.
This guy better be really good and stay really healthy. Because look at what we got.

~ Hunter out.
~ Lattimore already hurt.
~ LMJ we know what we got here.
~ Gore starting to wear down. Late in the season he is getting worse.

I think Hyde is our best hope. He better improve his pass blocking pick ups and learn how to catch out of the backfield. I believe he can run if you watch him play in college.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
[ Edited by DeUh on Jul 27, 2014 at 2:29 PM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
This guy better be really good and stay really healthy. Because look at what we got.

~ Hunter out.

I think Hyde is our best hope. He better improve his pass blocking pick ups and learn how to catch out of the backfield. I believe he can run if you watch him play in college.

death, taxes and a pessimistic post from SD
Originally posted by crabman82:

~ Hunter out.

LOL. I'm just being "REALISTIC" on this one......

~ Hunter out.

the next time i see you be realistic will be the first

~ Hunter out.

the next time i see you be realistic will be the first

This is very realistic.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Jul 26, 2014 at 12:38 PM ]
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Hopefully Carlos Hyde comes in hungry and motivated. The opportunity to for him to shine is there.
Originally posted by lazy:
Hopefully Carlos Hyde comes in hungry and motivated. The opportunity to for him to shine is there.

Agree with this completely
Both Hyde and James will be motivated big time if they weren't already so.

This opens up immediate playing time for Hyde and since James is in his last year under contract he'll have an opportunity to show other teams what he has to offer.

As USUAL, I'm still very skeptical of Roman's willingness to use James to his strengths.

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

This opens up immediate playing time for Hyde and since James is in his last year under contract he'll have an opportunity to show other teams what he has to offer.

As USUAL, I'm still very skeptical of Roman's willingness to use James to his strengths.

Without knowing for sure, I believe LMJ has two years left on his contract. When the new rookie wage scale was put into place, I want to say all rookies but I know 2nd rounders are given 4 year deals. He was drafted in the second round of the 2012 draft. This season is his 3rd season in the NFL. I agree with you on Roman not using him to his strengths.
Originally posted by JDMathews49ers:

Without knowing for sure, I believe LMJ has two years left on his contract. When the new rookie wage scale was put into place, I want to say all rookies but I know 2nd rounders are given 4 year deals. He was drafted in the second round of the 2012 draft. This season is his 3rd season in the NFL. I agree with you on Roman not using him to his strengths.

I could be wrong - I'm sure someone will let us know for sure.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JDMathews49ers:

I could be wrong - I'm sure someone will let us know for sure.

James is set to be a FA in 2016. Here are a few details.

2014 Cap Hit $905,154 Dead Money $476,872
2015 Cap Hit $1,056,013 Dead Money $ 213,436

better learn blitz pick up really quick, being a big dude i am sure he's up for the challenge #HydeNSeek
Hyde's gonna be a beast. Stop nit-picking.
Share 49ersWebzone