There are 192 users in the forums

RB Carlos Hyde Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Hyde's favorite ride:

LMAO!!!

I must admit tho, for only playing half time, he got a lot done. I'm hoping this guy gets healthy / stays injury free.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Carlos Hyde is a very good RB. Let me get that out of the way first. He runs downhill with authority, and can break tackles and bust big gains on par with the best RBs in the league.

But does he fit in to the vision of what Kyle is bringing to the 49ers?

If you compare Carlos with the RB tandem in ATL (Freeman/Coleman), the differences are obvious. Carlos fits the mold of a power run, between the tackles thumper. Both Freeman and Coleman are more of the wide-zone, pass-catching, one cut RBs. With the uber success both RBs had in ATL, it begs the question, "Are Carlos Hyde's days numbered in SF?"

I think Shanny could tailor his offense to any players skill set, and I am absolutely thrilled he is the new HC. But is Carlos Hyde his template for what he wants a RB to do?

I don't think so.

I think Carlos Hyde's days are numbered in SF. Not because he is not a great RB, but because he does not fit in to the vision of Shanny's offense.

I could see Hyde being trade bait in getting Cousins to the 49ers. The Skins have a glaring need at RB, despite investing in the position in the last few drafts.

We already see the dominoes falling, with the release of our top WR Torrey Smith. Shanny and Lynch are going to clean house and build their vision from the ground up. The roster is so barren that they are not locked in or forced to be committed to any player.

At the end of the day, I see Carlos playing for a new team soon. Maybe even next season. He does not fit in the mold of what Shanny did in ATL. Shanny seems to prefer more of a scat back that can pressure defenses horizontally more than vertically. He likes to get his RBs out wide, either through wide pitches, screen passes, or wide-zone runs. Carlos doesn't seem excel at this, which is why I think his time in red and gold will come to an end soon..

Carlos is perfect for this offense.

Don't believe me? Go watch game one 2015 season. Monday Night. Niners V Vikings.

Those are the types of run schemes you'll see from Kyle.

Don't use just Freeman and Coleman as the model for the Runners for this offense. Think 90's Denver. Terrell Davis. Mike Anderson. Clinton Portis. Think Skins 2012. Alfred Morris.

IF Hyde is the primary runner (I say IF only because I have a sneaking suspicion about Fournette...nothing solid...just a hunch) he'll fit perfectly until he gets hurt.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Next year is his contract year, maybe he finally figures it out?
I don't question Hyde's ability. I question his durability lol
Quite a few people want Fournette in the first, I assume this means that Hyde isn't your #1? I know that Shanahan used two RBs in his system in ATL, but does that require taking Fournette at 2?
So - Is Carlos Hyde still the guy? Was he ever?

My opinion - Yes. Hyde has shown some real promise. Yes he is developing an injury record, but he was the only real weapon on the offense and defenses take notice. If you controlled Hyde, then there was no chance you were going to lose in 2016 via Gabbert or Kaepernick throwing the ball. On top of that the oline last year was average at best.

He averaged 4.6 YPC last year (11th in the league), 988 rushing yards (14th in the league in less than a whole season, otherwise would've been near David Johnson), had 6 rushing TDs (T19), and showed some potential catching the ball by adding 3 receiving TDs (T7 among RBs) - 13 games. I think as the OLine improves, so will his durability (admitting I could be wrong though)

Obviously we need to draft another RB for the roster, I'm just saying Fournette is a reach at 2. I'd rather hope McCaffrey is there at 34, because he is way different than Hyde or draft one later on -- there are a lot of talented RBs in this draft, ones that can be grabbed way way later than #2.
Its almost as if there is a Carlos Hyde thread somewhere that this could be posted in rather than starting a whole new thread.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Its almost as if there is a Carlos Hyde thread somewhere that this could be posted in rather than starting a whole new thread.

.....and, magically...
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

.....and, magically...
appreciate it, I didn't feel like digging for it either. Plus, I think the question of the thread was more likely to be clicked on than just "Carlos Hyde" considering half of the webzone users don't believe in him -- Why click on his thread? If they feel he isn't the guy, then they would be more likely to dispute that in there imo. I get you guys though.. He's just not Carlos Hyde, 2nd Round Pick 57 anymore.. He's Carlos Hyde, 49ers RB going into his 4th year, with speculation of drafting his replacement.
If I wanted to start a Tom Brady thread, I wouldn't name it "Tom Brady Michigan - 6th round pick" that's my point lol.
Please stay healthy this year.

• Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Lobo49er:

I have a feeling his time might be up at the end of this season when his rookie contract expires. I think we may replace him with Fournette.

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:

I have a feeling his time might be up at the end of this season when his rookie contract expires. I think we may replace him with Fournette.

Sounds sexy but no way... The Shanahans won't invest a top first round pick on a RB. Only way it happens if if we trade back up and make a move into say 29-31 to get a fifth year option,and give the fan base a boner with Christian McAffrey lol.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

Sounds sexy but no way... The Shanahans won't invest a top first round pick on a RB. Only way it happens if if we trade back up and make a move into say 29-31 to get a fifth year option,and give the fan base a boner with Christian McAffrey lol.
Our run game was ranked #4 in the league our defense was ranked #32. We spent brought in a lot more offense in F/A than defense. Why would we spend #2 on a RB?
Originally posted by jcs:
Our run game was ranked #4 in the league our defense was ranked #32. We spent brought in a lot more offense in F/A than defense. Why would we spend #2 on a RB?

Probably still pounding the table for Hankins and Brown... then feeling like this guy.

Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

Share 49ersWebzone