LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 230 users in the forums

RB Carlos Hyde Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Certainly a different dude than the 49ers have had.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Carlos Hyde after the bye. New Niner era begins.

Gore ain't fading away that quick bro. But it almost feels like we have an understanding with Gore that he will finish with us and we are getting him that ring. This is why we are paying him $6.4 million. He will only return next year at a cheaper rate only if we need him. If not I think he stays on with us as a coach or scout

No dissing Gore. My optimism is for Hyde, in the type of talent that you just can't ignore. Hope that he is that type and will be in the lineup/starter sooner than later. I think we will see it in the later half of the season. Like he said, he has a lot different type of offense thrown his way that he had handled, so he may be able to get going quicker in the NFL.

plus hes a running back. theyre pretty much plug and play. more than any other position i think the rb can come in and contribute right away if he can understand the blocking schemes
Originally posted by DeUh:
Junior Season Highlights.

Nice videos
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:
Originally posted by iLLEST209ER:

Haven't seen anyone post this video yet, just thought I'd share it with others.

I didn't think it was possible, but this video made me love Hyde even more

I've never seen a more exciting compilation of 5 yard gains.

Perfect running back for our power scheme.

I'm really glad he didn't go to Seattle too.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Junior Season Highlights.

Nice videos

I have to say, I love this kid...seems VERY mature and humble and prides himself on having a complete game and Gore was his model growing up. Absolutely PERFECT back for us with speed and allusiveness to run off tackle as well. Picturing him and McDonald catching passes out in the flat with a full head of steam is going to be epic. Punishment time!
The crowd should all yell "EEETS A SWEATERRRR" when he scores.
Carlos Hyde after the bye. New Niner era begins.

Gore ain't fading away that quick bro. But it almost feels like we have an understanding with Gore that he will finish with us and we are getting him that ring. This is why we are paying him $6.4 million. He will only return next year at a cheaper rate only if we need him. If not I think he stays on with us as a coach or scout

Being the last year of his contract, I think this year may be his last unless he comes back at a severely reduced cap # on his new contract, and I am not sure his pride will allow that. We should ramp up the Frank Gore retirement campaign and maybe the NFL will gift us a SB win like they did for Bettis or Lewis.

Man Pill, you and I have really seen eye to eye on many a topic lately. Great minds think alike?
[ Edited by WINiner on Jun 1, 2014 at 10:08 AM ]
Last year we had about 430 rushing plays.

I would like to see them distributed more like this..

Gore: 180 carries
Hunter: 80 carries
Hyde: 70 carries
Lattimore: 50 carries
LMJ: 50 caries
Originally posted by WINiner:
Being the last year of his contract, I think this year may be his last unless he comes back at a severely reduced cap # on his new contract, and I am not sure his pride will allow that. We should ramp up the Frank Gore retirement campaign and maybe the NFL will gift us a SB win like they did for Bettis or Lewis.

Man Pill, you and I have really seen eye to eye on many a topic lately. Great minds think alike?
I hope. LOL. We could just be dead wrong on everything but I hope not
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:

Would be awesome if we got this type of participation from our group

Originally posted by WINiner:

I hope. LOL. We could just be dead wrong on everything but I hope not

Haha well there is that possibility.
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:

youre missing our QB sadly lol

empty seahawks helmet on the ground. hyde probably devoured him
Originally posted by denali22:
youre missing our QB sadly lol

I omitted Kap on purpose. Most of his 90 carries were scrambles. Not designed runs. I counted 40 of his 92 carries towards this number as designed running plays. He shouldnt run a lot anymore anyways. Unless absolutely necessary
Second round Carlos Hyde: The running back has shined out of the backfield as a runner and as receiver. The Ohio State product is likely to get a chance at playing time right away. He was considered a steal at No. 57 on draft night and is still looking like one.

http://espn.go.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/7889/what-to-expect-from-rookies
Share 49ersWebzone