There are 135 users in the forums

RB Carlos Hyde Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NCommand:
This is THE biggest reason this is a great (proactive) pick. Watch Hyde's film and he squeezes through small holes for a big man and gets tons of downfield yards, only has 3 TFL last year but my favorite is that he has the speed and vision to break a run OFF TACKLE. This has been the missing element for so long. For ages, defenses could stack the box with up to 10 guys (no joke) and run blitz between the DE's/T's b/c there was no fear of being attacked on the edges. But now? One back who can run inside, never loses yards, can run outside and can catch? This is the full package we've needed on offense for so long now...balance.

PS: It also looks like he takes a lot of snaps from the Pistol. In short, he's the perfect fit for OUR offensive scheme. He and Lattimore are going to be something special together.

I agree with this...the draft guys were right when they said had this draft taken place in 1993, Hyde is a top 15 pick. Lucky for us that we still use the running game like a team from the past. Hyde and lattimore for the next 3-5 years should be a very scary duo.
Love this kid. Gonna push Latt to the fullest to take Gore's spot.

50 Cent Jr. represent!

[ Edited by NinerGod on May 19, 2014 at 9:29 PM ]

Haven't seen anyone post this video yet, just thought I'd share it with others.
Originally posted by Niners816:
Originally posted by NCommand:
This is THE biggest reason this is a great (proactive) pick. Watch Hyde's film and he squeezes through small holes for a big man and gets tons of downfield yards, only has 3 TFL last year but my favorite is that he has the speed and vision to break a run OFF TACKLE. This has been the missing element for so long. For ages, defenses could stack the box with up to 10 guys (no joke) and run blitz between the DE's/T's b/c there was no fear of being attacked on the edges. But now? One back who can run inside, never loses yards, can run outside and can catch? This is the full package we've needed on offense for so long now...balance.

PS: It also looks like he takes a lot of snaps from the Pistol. In short, he's the perfect fit for OUR offensive scheme. He and Lattimore are going to be something special together.

I agree with this...the draft guys were right when they said had this draft taken place in 1993, Hyde is a top 15 pick. Lucky for us that we still use the running game like a team from the past. Hyde and lattimore for the next 3-5 years should be a very scary duo.

I can't wait...Hyde seems very well spoken as well; very humble as well. I think the character/production between the two are going to be special. I'm hoping the caution we're taking with Lattimore is a result of the muscles around his knee, lower back, calf, etc...just getting back into form. He still has a ways to get back to form. But Hyde right now seems ready to go right out of the box.
I really believe this guy is gonna be the true heir to Gore.
Not too many guys wearing visors anymore especially with a logo or something on them. Looks cool.

[ Edited by Gore_21 on May 23, 2014 at 9:37 PM ]
Originally posted by iLLEST209ER:

Haven't seen anyone post this video yet, just thought I'd share it with others.

I didn't think it was possible, but this video made me love Hyde even more
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Not too many guys wearing visors anymore especially with a logo or something on them. Looks cool.

Great photo! Nice to see this kid on da field.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I really believe this guy is gonna be the true heir to Gore.

Yeah, I see him as our #1 with Latt backing him up.
Carlos Hyde after the bye. New Niner era begins.

Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Gore ain't fading away that quick bro. But it almost feels like we have an understanding with Gore that he will finish with us and we are getting him that ring. This is why we are paying him $6.4 million. He will only return next year at a cheaper rate only if we need him. If not I think he stays on with us as a coach or scout
[ Edited by Pillbusta on May 24, 2014 at 8:46 PM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:
Yeah, I see him as our #1 with Latt backing him up.

Depends how healthy Lattimore is, if he gets back up to his previous level where he was dominating the competition in the SEC, Hyde will be the guy playing second fiddle.

In anycase the 49ers have a nice dilemma on their hands, a HOF caliber RB in Gore, 2 #1 RB caliber prospects and a very good #2 in Hunter.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on May 24, 2014 at 10:55 PM ]
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DeUh:
Junior Season Highlights.

[ Edited by DeUh on May 28, 2014 at 3:19 PM ]
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Gore ain't fading away that quick bro. But it almost feels like we have an understanding with Gore that he will finish with us and we are getting him that ring. This is why we are paying him $6.4 million. He will only return next year at a cheaper rate only if we need him. If not I think he stays on with us as a coach or scout

No dissing Gore. My optimism is for Hyde, in the type of talent that you just can't ignore. Hope that he is that type and will be in the lineup/starter sooner than later. I think we will see it in the later half of the season. Like he said, he has a lot different type of offense thrown his way that he had handled, so he may be able to get going quicker in the NFL.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on May 27, 2014 at 12:53 PM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame

Share 49ersWebzone